The Cretinous Russ
The Cretinous Russ

Russell Burlingame's Comic Related Blog

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Changes To The Way I Do Stuff

Posted by Conscientious Sequentials, Dec 1 2008, 04:19 PM

Starting today, I'm one of the regular contributors on the Blog@Newsarama. This will not affect my participation in Comic Related. It's my hope, actually, that it makes Comic Related stronger, as it will give me a little more street cred to have another, and famous, site under my belt and therefore make it easier to contact certain...ahem...selective creators.

I did want to say that there's one major thing I'll be doing differently. I've never particularly liked the Q&A format of The Gold Exchange, Reflecting 'Pool, etc. It strikes me as lazy when I'm working on it, and as a reader I prefer the more thorough and thoughtful analysis that comes from a writer who actually crafts a story. I'll be doing just that from now on at Comic Related--writing a full story and using the quotes from the interview to bolster it. Over at Blog@, where I want to get things up quicker, I'll be running just Q&A's. Here at Comic Related, we might lose a couple of fairly useless quotes, but nothing of any news or personality value will ever get excised. That's a promise.

Comments

G-Man, Dec 1 2008, 10:23 PM

Sounds cool, Russell. Wish you the best of luck. Will you be informing us here at the Comic Related site when you have new material go up on the Newsrama site? Because.....to be honest...that's the only time I'll probably drop by.

Or are you just going to duplicate the blog and post it here...do those guys allow that?

Conscientious Sequentials, Dec 4 2008, 03:39 PM

QUOTE (G-Man @ Dec 1 2008, 11:23 PM)
Sounds cool, Russell. Wish you the best of luck. Will you be informing us here at the Comic Related site when you have new material go up on the Newsrama site? Because.....to be honest...that's the only time I'll probably drop by.

Or are you just going to duplicate the blog and post it here...do those guys allow that?

Whether they do or not (seems they do), I've chosen nto to do so. It's only a little extra work to slightly change the slant/tone of the content and post it differently in different places. I'll be providing semi-regular lists of links that the Column Related folks can check out. A lot of it may just be that Blog@ becomes where I blog regularly instead of here, or MOSTLY instead. And the real NEWS part of my news reporting will be based out of CR.

G-Man, Dec 6 2008, 09:14 PM

that sounds cool.

« Next Oldest · The Cretinous Russ · Next Newest »