Erics corner
Erics corner

I blog about everything in pop culture

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Comic Book Day production blog

Posted by doombug, Sep 21 2009, 09:58 PM

Time to let you the readers come further behind the curtain...well not too far. I need some of my dignity here.

I've been debating this entry for a while, mostly because I think people don't like my rants or what I have to say sometimes. But so here it is. It's been almost 3 months since the strip premiered and I'm sure many people are curious on how exactly the strip is wrote and crafted.

Well that's a very good question to which I don't have a valid answer. I just write the first thing that pops into my head. At first it was just going to be dedicated exlusively to just arguing about comics, but it has evolved so much past that.

Comic Bill and Eric are a very modern day Abbot and Costello and trouble seems to really start following them wherever they go. I am a little less erratic/insane then my comic book counterpart and surprisingly I'd say comic Bill is pretty on point for the most part.

Bill recently said that my scripts seems to be action packed and zany and looking at our work, I'd have to agree with him. Looking at the way web comics are done it's an interesting and fun medium where you can get away with things no normal human would. I can't wait to hear people's reactions to the stuff coming up real soon.

Right now I'm working on some fun stuff for the book as well as reorganizing a few strips to make sure the jokes hit at a time where they wont be dated.

New Comic Book Day is just starting folks, you really haven't seen anything yet. tongue.gif

Comments

G-Man, Sep 23 2009, 07:17 AM

Love the fact that this strip is recieving high priase and so many people who have not yet heard of the Comic Related site or at the very least have yet to actively particpate in everything the site has to offer manages to hit the site on a weekly basis to check out New Comic Day.

I also post the strip on the Main Street Comics and Games forum....

http://www.mainstcomicsandgames.com/forums...p?f=7&t=233

... and it's one of the most hit features the website has and Neccesary Cool. Com has voiced an interest in running the strip as well...something I guess the two of us should talk over.

Got to also agree with you that "comic" Bill personailty wise is pretty much dead on the money with the exception the web comic actually allows me to at times to voice I how I "really" feel about certain books, characters, and trends without coming across as "too" much of an @$$.

Honestly in all the projects that I have been involved including past bands and such that involves this many people working on the same train of thought this one has given me the most bang for the buck so far.

That says a lot about not only you....but Chad and Lisa as well.

Here's hoping the strip continues to be as fun and entertaining for all of us to work on as it has been and as fun and entertaining for the readers as well.

« Next Oldest · Erics corner · Next Newest »