Gonzogoose Roost
Gonzogoose Roost

Thoughts and Updates of Brant W. Fowler

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I Hate You, Bill Gladman!

Posted by Gonzogoose, Aug 25 2010, 11:47 PM

That's right, good friend and fellow CR contributor and enthusiast Bill Gladman has become the bane of my existence!

Why, you ask? Well, it's simple really: He's doing everything I want to be doing!!!

Bill Gladman at one point was a hefty dude. Granted, for the past couple of years, I've been a pretty hefty dude too, but Bill was heftier. Then this little thing called the Get Fit Initiative came along and Bill got on board. As I watched the updates from week to week I thought to myself, well that's good for Bill. But I never dreamed that the day would come when he would surpass me.

Sure enough, though, a few weeks ago that day arrived. Bill Gladman dropped down to 243 pounds while I had skyrocketed up to 252, the heaviest I've been in my life I believe.

Then something happened... I lost 12 pounds! Great, right? Down to 240 and I was okay again. The only problem is I lost those twelve pounds in... two days! Yep, two days. I was sick and became dehydrated, ended up in the hospital and got correct. Sadly, I quickly put four pounds back on, but for a short while I was smaller than Bill Gladman again.

Two weeks later I got dehydrated again, and wound up in the hospital again. That was just a few days ago in fact. I have the giant bruise on my arm where they couldn't find my vein because I was so dehydrated and kept moving the needle around inside to prove it!

Before there is alarm, know that I am not starving myself. In fact, I've been eating three square meals a day. Just when my gallbladder starts acting up I can't eat much, and then I get sick and can't hold stuff down, and so on and so forth.

So, I got back down to 241 and was so happy. Then I read today that Bill is down to 239.

Curse you, Bill Gladman!!!

Of course, I then weighed myself and discovered I was back up to 243, so double curses, Gladman!!!

And if all this weight loss stuff wasn't enough, Bill is also involved in thirty million comic projects simultaneously!!! And he's actually printing books! I know because I put the order in for one of them! While it took me eight years to put out the first full issue of mine!!!

So Bill is healthy, productive, and working regularly, while I'm... well, me.

And this is why I HATE BILL GLADMAN!!!!!

In all seriousness, Bill, I love you, man! smile.gif

Comments

Ron Fortier, Aug 26 2010, 06:28 AM

Oooh...the first warning Brant was his name...GLAD...MAN. I've been suspicious ever since.

ChadStrohl, Aug 26 2010, 08:12 AM

But Brant... you're in one of those books smile.gif As far as the weight loss part. You've already got a bruised up arm where they tore it up with a needle. Cut it off at the shoulder and I bet you'll weigh less than Bill again, lol.

G-Man, Aug 26 2010, 01:51 PM

Wow!

I'm getting hate mail! I kinda of like this.

Seriously....about the books. It took me ten years of on again off again mistake after mistake to get to this point...add in a year and a half when I was unemployed and did nothing but write (a trick I learned from my good friend Alan Moore...walked out pretty good for him too)...and two years of more or less accidentally making every single connection I ever needed to get everything I ever wanted to do, done.

And as Chad pointed out....you're already involved with one of those books...and will be involved in many others. You are already working on "Blue Morning" which gets printed in November. "When Heaven Freezes Over" is still a viable project although I haven't made it past the plotting stage on that one yet....you have artwork in the Un-Naturals Source Book coming out in November and you and I have already talked about doing a story for the Un-Naturals Special Edition featuring the same character you drew for that book, Devil Digger.

I know that's not "your stuff" but if you want more of your writing and art out there in any way....just remember...

YOU ARE TWILIGHT STAR....anything you want out we will see that it gets out....if it's a money thing...don't sweat that detail. We're Rich!

Well not really...but I'm sure we can work around that.

About the weight loss....man I didn't have to go through any of things you went through! I would weigh a ton if I did. And I'm gonna come clean here....I wouldn't have done any of this if not for Lisa Moore. I posted somewhere back when I was jobless that I wasn't having much luck losing weight because I didn't have a scale and didn't have the money at the time to buy one.

Lisa sent me an e-mail saying I would never be successful on a diet without a scale to weigh in everyday to see your progress....and then she sent me a brand new scale!

This woman is freakin' amazing!!!!

And seeing how she went through all that, I couldn't let the effort go to waste...by damn I was going to do this and go it right.

So there's my secret weapon, exposed to the world. Thank you and God Bless you , Lisa.

And....you're going to hate me more. I think I'm going to record my first new album since 2005....I have released a c.d in 2008, but it was mostly a best of with some un-released stuff with a couple new but very short instrumental tracks (do you have a copy of that? If not let me know I'll mail one to you). There was three other music projects I was involved in, one I was just the producer and song writer....the other two was more older stuff, cleaned up and re-edited. I don't think any of this is going to cross the finish line. Who knows. Kinda fell to the wayside like my "Metal Earth" podcast....which may get resurrected some day.

But this music idea will feature all new music which I will be playing bass on and writing the lyrics and music with some of my Twilight Star cronies....still very much in the planning stages right now.

I mentioned this once before.....my crazy ass philosophy ....I know I am getting no younger...and I wasted a lot of time in my life....years upon years.

One day I'm going to die, we all do...and I want to leave a mark to say...."Hey....I was here and I did this!"

Every morning I look into the mirror and ask myself, what do you want to be remembered for?

Every morning the reflection in the mirror smiles back and says just one simple word....

"Everything."

And I'm like "great...here we go again"

My God...I just wrote another freakin' book...sorry....got carried away.

G-Man, Aug 26 2010, 02:57 PM

And don't forget Price For The Asking. That launches soon, the first few pages are being inked now...and you're attached to that as well, with the collected edition of the first story in book form and launched at Gem City 2011 (fingers crossed)

« Next Oldest · Gonzogoose Roost · Next Newest »