The Omicron
The Omicron

Underdog

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Entries on 9-December 08

Let's shoot the bull.

Posted by BIG-O, Dec 9 2008, 05:03 PM

"Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms ley spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars. "Hither came CONAN, the Cimmerian, black-haired sullen eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic meloncholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."
- The Nemedian Chronicles

Now, don't those words just ring out with Adventure and Mystery?

Howdy! Partners!

"BIG O" here,

I want to pause a minute and recollect a fella what went by the name, Robert Ervin Howard.
This man was known for many contributions, and one was the creation of the character Conan.
Now, Conan is one of a few characters who stand by themselves.

This character, to me, not having any special powers or a costume for that matter, is not one who is special, look at Superman, blue long johns, red cape, indistuctable, these are his traits, Conan might as well be called "Henry the Barbarian" No, there is nothing special about him. Conan is a tool. Robert E Howard created Conan, but his real creation was the story telling. This was Roberts true child, takeing us for a ride.

Yes! this is what I love about Conan, His story tellers.

I,m gonna pull a rabbit out of the hat, and it's Issue #105 CONAN the Barbarian, "Castle of Whispering Shadows!"

John Buscema & Ernie Chan are the featured artist in this whirlwind and surly favorites.

Roy Thomas is our story engineer, a sooth sayer, and extractor of the poison called boredom.

I want to mention to you all, that the ability for this writer to pour out a fable of epic proportions in just one issue is outstanding.

Why don't you pull this issue out of your own hat and read it, and if you don't have it, I recommend it.

Here's to the one issue story teller, YeeeeHaaawww!!!!

Now, if one-o-yall could tell me how to insert pictures, next time, I'll make it more colorful.

Afterall, this is my first blog ever.

Comments

« Next Oldest · The Omicron · Next Newest »

« July 2014 »

SMTWTFS

My Blog Links

My Picture

Last entries