Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dust and Blog Bunnies

Posted by eric, May 27 2010, 07:53 PM

There is literally a thick film of dust on my desk...keyboard and all. I am not sure if being ultra occupied all the time is best. To cut it down to the bone, quit a fifteen year smoking habit and have been keeping myself busy with too many projects. Now that things are slowing down, projects are finished, I am coming back to live the live I want before I pushed pause. First of all smoking sucks and quitting is worse. The single most difficult thing I have ever accomplished.

Each day I'm asked, "So what's with DELVE?" Which is a good thing. A couple months of spreading the word about the site is still paying off in interest. It gives me motivation to finish up all these pages in my head and have scripts for. I suppose my partner wanted a hiatus as well. He travels to and from Japan for his job but is starting to create some buzz over there as well. I want to launch the site more than I want to breathe. There is a mountain of work to get there. I'm taking it a day at a time and this week's focus is to complete three pages. A work flow must be re-established without burning myself out of the chute.

Blogging is something of a spectral thought most of my web-life. Think i actually started a couple but never got too far. This may be a good thing for me and hopefully you can benefit somehow too. I'll be blogging about work flows, project info, adventures in self-publishing, art, vacations, motorcycles, possibly family stuff which I mostly keep private, gripes, and accomplishments. The fewer gripes the better, but what's the point of journal entries/blogging without venting and blowing off some steam.

I'll post sketches and random things here too. It really has been a while since a new piece of art has left my hands. Can anyone tell me what's the gallery about here and how does it link to my blog?

Quick reference guide:
I always welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
My day job is just a means to self employing my art. I'll refer to it as hell, bill paying job or crap-hole in the future.
At this point I am not concerned with the colors or look of the BLOG, all though I'm not really a pink and purple type dude. Still, no apologies if you're offended by that...you were forewarned.
As for future posts, I'm thinking once/week and will do my best to keep as many "I," "me" and "whaa" out of each entry.
Yes, I am from Idaho. No, my horse is actually a vtwin cruiser. Potatoes are good, but we're the gem state.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

There are no comments on this entry

« Next Oldest · hurley's blog · Next Newest »

« August 2014 »

SMTWTFS

My Picture