Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The eyes have it!

Posted by Cary, May 27 2010, 08:21 PM

Wow. I could have done this the whole time and had no idea! Like I really need another blog, but the hell with it, I enjoy writing, and at least three or four people enjoy reading the stuff I write, so the rest of you can deal!

I learned something very valuable today, which youd have thought I already knew, and perhaps I did at least in a vague sense, but now its right up front. Be careful, nobe VERY careful what you put on the internet, because you literally never know who is reading it and what will come of it. Now like I said youd think as long as Ive been using the internet and BBS systems before that Id not need to relearn, but yeah, I did.

As those who follow the Dynagirl series know full well, we update on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Along with those updates Ive added in some behind the scenes commentary to spice things up a bit, mostly because Harold and Lisa get to have a whole lot more fun than I do and I gotta do something with all the extra time I have hanging around. Today we started the flashback sequence where we go back and tell you Dynagirls origin in full color fun. As part of that I included a little anecdote about the fictional town where she comes from. I actually modeled that town and a few characters who live there off of my actual home town in North West Texas.

Anyway, as I was looking through my stat tracker tonight I noticed a TON of referrals from one particular blog. Curious, I followed it and ended up discovering that its written by a woman in my old hometown! She had stumbled onto the Dynagirl site somehow and thought it was cool, and even asked in her post if anyone knew who I was! Needless to say that completely freaked me out.

Ive got the Dynagirl site pretty well interwoven into the whole social networking extravaganza, so when I update the site it hits Twitter and Facebook automatically as well as some other places, plus Im carrying a full RSS and all kinds of madness. But still, she would have never found this had I not included the name of the town in my post. Sohow did she do that? I have no idea. I Googled it and got nada. Now Dynagirl has a pretty good return on Google, but the page where I mentioned the name of the town is nowhere in sight.

So Im stumped. Im not nearly freaked out enough to dig very deeply to find out, but still it did serve to remind me that you just never know who is out there and can find out what you wrote today.

Let that be a lesson to you.

In other Dynagirl related news I also discovered today that I have readers in Japan, Russia, The Netherlands, Belgium, France and all sorts of other countries. Were big in Europe evidently. lol The things you can learn on the internet, huh?

Comments

G-Man, Jun 2 2010, 05:52 PM

Congrads on being an international success! Couldn't happen to a nicer and more well deserving dude!

« Next Oldest · A Wandering Mind · Next Newest »

« October 2014 »

SMTWTFS

Last entries

Last Comments

My Picture