Reply to this topicStart new topic
OZ
ChuckMoore
post Dec 15 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oz was once a place of wonderful wizards, where animals talked and the streets were paved with yellow brick. A place where the beautiful Queen Ozma ruled over the Emerald City in a loving kingdom of Munchkins, Winkies, Gillikins, and Quadlings. A country where nothing can ever really go wrong. Evil is merely a bumbling fool.

But that was back when Dorothy and Toto were there.

Then the Nome King took control. Since then, political intrigue, armed rebellion, and evil spells have changed the land, the land is desolate and barren, wild creatures roam freely, and even the Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Woodsman aren�t necessarily the friendly group they once were..

Into this world of Munchkins and witches come a trio of friends from Earth, but this is nothing like the books they�ve read. The Nome King has taken over the Emerald Castle, Mombi has bewitched Dorothy, and Ozma is being held prisoner. What can three humans and a dog do?

Fairy tales do not always end up the way you want them to...

Learn more: http://www.transfuzion.biz/oz.htm

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 15 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Site Creator

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 28 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #3

Site Creator

I'll admit that I'm really excited about picking up this collection. From time to time I would get a couple issues of this series back when it was first produced, but never put together enough of a run to really give it a fair shake and enjoy. It will be nice to see it collected. Is the April '08 a solicitation date or a street date?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post Dec 29 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,499

QUOTE(ChuckMoore @ Dec 28 2007, 08:53 AM) *
I'll admit that I'm really excited about picking up this collection. From time to time I would get a couple issues of this series back when it was first produced, but never put together enough of a run to really give it a fair shake and enjoy. It will be nice to see it collected. Is the April '08 a solicitation date or a street date?

it will ship in April. We're discussing now whether the OZ books will ship monthly or bi-monthly...should be about 5 compilations that will collect the entire run.

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 30 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #5

Site Creator

QUOTE(Gary Reed @ Dec 29 2007, 11:35 PM) *
it will ship in April. We're discussing now whether the OZ books will ship monthly or bi-monthly...should be about 5 compilations that will collect the entire run.

My calendar is marked. I'll be ordering!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post May 23 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

OZ: Book One is now titled "A Gathering of Heroes" instead of "Mayhem in Munchkinland". The change was decided because if seemed a better fit. Of course, it may be a bit confusing since "A Gathering of Heroes" was the name of the second trade which is coming out in a couple of months so that of course, will have to be changed.

BTW, OZ should be at your local stores this week or next...it has already shipped.

Copies will be available from the webstore and Amazon shortly.

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post
garyscottbeatty
post Jun 5 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,671

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of having the entire Oz comic run in trades, lined up on my bookshelf. I've known artist Bill Bryan for years, and when Comic Buyers Guide asked for readers' top 20 moments in comics, I included an Oz moment:

"Oz #2 ('94) - The last page featured Bill Bryan's version of a very dark Scarecrow, sewn face and surrounded by crows. I couldn't wait for #3."

To my surprise, CBG decided to devote an entire two pages, lavishly illustrated, to my letter. I'm sure they received many hundreds of top 20 lists from fans all over the world. I suspect what interested CBG editors was my concentration on personal moments, instead of earth shattering events like the death of Gwen Stacey in Spider-Man.

Since then, I've had the opportunity to color and letter over Bill's pencils for the Aazurn Publishing book "Seductions." It was extremely impressive how Bill immediately understood the script, the concepts and the tone of the comic. I'm sure those years of constantly drawing one Oz book after the other (plus specials and spinoffs) helped him develop this skill.

Bill has been on our Comic Artists Direct website since it began in 1999. To find out more about him and Oz, fans can visit http://www.comicartistsdirect.com/bryan.html

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post Aug 14 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Just to let everyone know that the second volume of OZ is at the printers and should be out shortly. Will post when the actual ship date is known.

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Aug 14 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #9

Site Creator

Gary (Reed) - Great news!
Gary (Scott Beatty) - Thanks for that link!

I LOVE this image from that site...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post Oct 6 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

The second volume of OZ has shipped and should be in all the comic shops, may have actually got put in last week...but if not, certainly this week.

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post Oct 10 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gary Reed @ Oct 6 2008, 05:05 PM) *
The second volume of OZ has shipped and should be in all the comic shops, may have actually got put in last week...but if not, certainly this week.

OZ: Volume 3 is scheduled for December and production is on schedule (may be a bit ahead at this point...).

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post Jan 18 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

OZ Book 3 is at the printers and should ship around the end of January.

This is the first time that these issues have ever been collected into a trade paperback and they're hard to get.

Look for Book 4 to be available this spring. (collecting issues 16-20) and then we'll have a trade collecting the one shots and another collecting the mini-series.

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post
Gary Reed
post Feb 7 2009, 06:40 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gary Reed @ Jan 18 2009, 01:42 PM) *
OZ Book 3 is at the printers and should ship around the end of January.

This is the first time that these issues have ever been collected into a trade paperback and they're hard to get.

Look for Book 4 to be available this spring. (collecting issues 16-20) and then we'll have a trade collecting the one shots and another collecting the mini-series.

Just wanted to confirm that the book was shipped to Diamond and should be on stores shelves soon....likly, Feb 11 but can never be sure how long the Diamond process takes.

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:18 PM