Forums and book debut!
ChuckMoore
post Oct 5 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #1

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Witchfire is now available!

It just so happens that Ron's new forum has debuted on the same day as his new novel, Witchfire! Here's a look at the cover...

Quoting Ron on the new novel...

"This is a terrific adventure about a young woman living in a modern metropolis who just happens to be a white witch. Her name is Morgan Rein and she uses her arcane skills to help others. What she doesn't know is that her long lost brother, an evil warlock who dissappeared years before, has returned and now wants to destroy her. What ensues is a powerful battle between good and evil, with our heroine finding aid and support from a motorcycle riding physics professor named Dancer McCoy. The cover and nine new interior illustrations are provided by the amazing Rob Davis. If you like fast paced action with colorful, human characters set against the backdrop of magic, please consider picking up a copy. It is the perfect Halloween read."

You can order your copy of Witchfire here.

"This is one of the finest books Rob and I have done to date. It is also our first project with Cornerstone Books, a terrific publisher that deserves your support." - Ron Fortier speaking on his blog, Airship27

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 5 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,427

Hot dog, I am really very excited about the release of this book. Many, many years ago, when I first got into the
writing game, I met (via correspondence...before the days of the internet..ha) Ardath Mayhar, a professional sci-fi
writer from Texas who had won acclaim for many of her books. Ardath became a mentor and tutor and suggested
to help me hone this writing thing that we collaborate on a few projects. Within the next two years we wrote three
novels together. The first two, TRAIL OF THE SEAHAWKS and MONKEY STATION, were immediately picked up
and sold to the paperback markets. But the third, and my personal favorite, WITCHFIRE, just couldn't find a home.
Now, all these years later, along comes publisher Michael Poll of Cornerstone Books, a truly super guy and damn
fine publisher. He read the manuscript and immediately signed on. And here it is, at long last! I've got plans for
WITCHFIRE beyond the book and will explain those as time goes by. But for right now, if you enjoy fast paced
action with great characters, please, pick this up. You won't be disappointed. Promise.

+Quote Post
CarolineB
post Oct 5 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,035

Sounds interesting.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 5 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #4

Hi Caroline,
Thanks for stopping my these boards. Got to tell you, I really like your avatar image a lot. Really wonderful illustration.
Appreciate your interest in WITCHFIRE. Should you decide to pick one up, please drop me a line and let me know how
you liked it.
Ron

+Quote Post
Jaymes Reed
post Oct 5 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,445

Congratulations on the new release, Ron! I heard about your new forum and read about the release and my heart warmed up for you once more... you've always been one of my favorite writers, and as I'm sure you've heard me say one million times already, you're the guy whose writing inspired me to want to be in this crazy business. Thanks a LOT! Here's to you, man! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 5 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #6

Jaymes, if I had more great fans like you, I could retire early. Ha. Honestly, every time you say this, I'm speechless.
You've become one of the finest new writers, and top letterers in the comic game and I'm thrilled to be working with you.
Oh yah, that's something else that needs mentioning here. We...me, penciller, Craig Shepard, inker Chuck Bordell and
Jaymes..are in the process of converting the first Captain Hazzard pulp novel, Python Men of the Lost City, into a graphic
novel. Hopefully finish her up next year and get it out there. Right, amigo?

+Quote Post
Jaymes Reed
post Oct 5 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,445

Right-O. As soon as those inks finish rolling in for #2 and I get started and finished pounding out the CH#1 re-letters. I just think this story is filled with great characters and wonderful art! I guess the primary reason I wanted to stick new letters on it is because your work is so special to me that the latest things I've learned just HAD to be applied while we're still early on in it. This is going to be one helluva book when it's printed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 5 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Amen to that, amigo. Amen! wink.gif

+Quote Post
CarolineB
post Oct 5 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Oct 5 2007, 04:40 PM) *
Hi Caroline,
Thanks for stopping my these boards. Got to tell you, I really like your avatar image a lot. Really wonderful illustration.
Appreciate your interest in WITCHFIRE. Should you decide to pick one up, please drop me a line and let me know how
you liked it.
Ron

Thank you. My avatar comes from the Fables graphic novel 1001 Nights of Snowfall. I believe the art is by James Jean.

+Quote Post
ZeroHour
post Oct 6 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,456

QUOTE(CarolineB @ Oct 6 2007, 01:41 AM) *
Thank you. My avatar comes from the Fables graphic novel 1001 Nights of Snowfall. I believe the art is by James Jean.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's James Jean. The guy is an amazing artist.

Nice cover Ron! wink.gif Love the Airship logo. Still to this day every time I look at it I see something special.
Can't wait to see what Rob did on the insides. The preview looked great!

I'm very much looking forward to not only reading Witchfire BUT the CH graphic novel as well.

--------------------
Anthony Schiavino

Designer and Publisher EPISODES FROM THE ZERO HOUR!
Designer and Founder BLINDING FORCE PRODUCTIONS
Designer and Founder THE PULP FACTORY

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 6 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #11

Thanks pal. And you bring up a good point I should mention loud and clear to anyone interested in picking up WITCHFIRE.
Rob Davis is a professional illustrator who has worked in every facet of the business. He at one time worked for both
DC and Marvel, and was known for his excellent work on the Star Trek titles. Right now he's working on revamping his old series, ROBYN OF SHERWOOD, which is just a gorgeous book start to finish.
Anywho, besides this dazzling cover, Rob has 9 full page black and white spot illos throughout the book. Like said in an earlier post, this isn't only fun to read, but to look at as well.

+Quote Post
Rob Davis
post Oct 6 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,444

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Oct 6 2007, 09:47 AM) *
Thanks pal. And you bring up a good point I should mention loud and clear to anyone interested in picking up WITCHFIRE.
Rob Davis is a professional illustrator who has worked in every facet of the business. He at one time worked for both
DC and Marvel, and was known for his excellent work on the Star Trek titles. Right now he's working on revamping his old series, ROBYN OF SHERWOOD, which is just a gorgeous book start to finish.
Anywho, besides this dazzling cover, Rob has 9 full page black and white spot illos throughout the book. Like said in an earlier post, this isn't only fun to read, but to look at as well.

My wife and kids are widening the doors in the house as I type since you've swollen my head, Ron. smile.gif You didn't mention that WITCHFIRE is also my first foray as book designer. A very tedious, but rewarding art. We should also mention that our pal, Anthony Schiavino, created that excellent logo that graces the cover of WITCHFIRE and lent invaluable support to me in my design efforts on this book. Thanks, Ant!

WITCHFIRE was a fun, and exciting read, and is indeed the perfect Halloween book. The world Ardath and Ron created here is nearly indistiguishable from our own and I found myself immersed entirely as I read it. It was a real trick figuring out how to do only NINE illustrations- as it always is with Ron's work that I illustrate.

+Quote Post
ZeroHour
post Oct 6 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,456

QUOTE(Rob Davis @ Oct 6 2007, 04:04 PM) *
My wife and kids are widening the doors in the house as I type since you've swollen my head, Ron. smile.gif You didn't mention that WITCHFIRE is also my first foray as book designer. A very tedious, but rewarding art. We should also mention that our pal, Anthony Schiavino, created that excellent logo that graces the cover of WITCHFIRE and lent invaluable support to me in my design efforts on this book. Thanks, Ant!

WITCHFIRE was a fun, and exciting read, and is indeed the perfect Halloween book. The world Ardath and Ron created here is nearly indistiguishable from our own and I found myself immersed entirely as I read it. It was a real trick figuring out how to do only NINE illustrations- as it always is with Ron's work that I illustrate.

You're welcome Rob! Anytime guys. Whatever I can do is humanly possible. Still looking into that cloning stuff.
This year for some reason I am looking for a good Halloween book to read. I just finished a book today and moving on to something else tonight (not mentioning so we stay on topic) but this sounds like it'd fit the bill.

And Rob...sometimes I'm up at nights because I'm thinking...I need to change that font! Wait until it starts creeping into your dreams!

--------------------
Anthony Schiavino

Designer and Publisher EPISODES FROM THE ZERO HOUR!
Designer and Founder BLINDING FORCE PRODUCTIONS
Designer and Founder THE PULP FACTORY

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 7 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #14

Anthony Schiavino is the finest book designer I know. Period. Anyone looking for such, and willing to pay him for that service, would be wise to look him up. Anthony has worked his magic on a half-dozen of our pulp novels, including this
latest one and Rob and I always felt lucky as hell to have him on board.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:23 AM