Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some Photos From Pulpfest 2009
G-Man
post Aug 3 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

I apologize for this being somewhat rushed but I promise to go into more details about the show sometime in the very near future. In the mean time I wanted to share a few photos from my trip to check out Pulpfest 2009 this past Saturday.

Captain Ron and some of his loyal Airship 27 men. Left to right....G-man, Mark Maddox (cover artist for many of the Airship 27 books), Rob Davis (business partner and artist), and the Captain.

Mr. Chuck Moore and Ron Fortier!!!!

Ron reading a chapter from the latest Captain Hazzard book (Captain Hazzard and the Cavemen of New York) This story was great as was Ron filling in the people who gathered for the reading on some of the amazing backstory and history behind the Captain Hazzard character.

Chuck liked what he heard at the reading so much that he had to pick up the first Captain Hazzard book by Airship 27 (Captain Hazzard and The Python Men of the Lost City). Cover artist Mark Maddox can be seen signing the book for Chuck in this shot.

Mark with a print from his Daughter of Dracula cover....in which we get to see the full print including the face of Marya Dracula which gets cut off on the actual cover.

More info about the con coming this weekend after I pound out the last of the material for the Wicked Tales book before the fast approaching deadline!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Aug 4 2009, 08:10 AM

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Aug 3 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,427

Way to go, G-Man. Those are great shots!!!! Man oh man, it was so much fun getting to meet you and Raichel and hang out together at the show. Thanks, amigo.

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Aug 3 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,037

Great pictures Bill. Looks like it was a fun time.

Good luck finishing up Wicked Tales!

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
Liam Bradley
post Aug 3 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,033

Yeah man, way to rub it in our faces!! haha, great pics, broseph!

--------------------
http://liambradley.wordpress.com

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Aug 3 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,427

Guys, this was the fifth pulp convention I've attended in the last six years and the truth, it was the best ever!!! The folks who put it on did a great job, the vendors and creators on hand were great people, there was a truly wonderful attendance by old and new pulp fans...and of course we got to hang with our CR pals. I'm just sat it came and went so damn fast.

+Quote Post
jedipencil
post Aug 4 2009, 04:54 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,128

Great pictures! Nice to be able to put faces to names now too! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kathulos
post Aug 5 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,840

Just throwing in a thanks to Ron, Rob, and Mark.
Had a chance to speak with them at the con and I have to say that they are among the nicest group of writer and artists I've ever spoken with.
They had the time to answer my questions and listen to my opinions. I was amazed to discover that we had the same tastes in old films.
Ron's reading was excellent and because of it i purchased a copy of Captain Hazzard and the Cavemen of New York.
The time I spent talking with them made the con a great time for this middle-aged fanboy. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"...but, oh God, the face! A skull to which no vestige of flesh seemed to remain but on which taut brownish-yellow skin grew fast, etching out every detail of that terrible death's head.
Skull Face, by Robert E. Howard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:15 AM