IPB
MORE @ COMIC RELATED: NEWS COLUMNS REVIEWS PODCASTS BLOGS

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself (Again...?)
wwi3313
post Feb 9 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,055

After a bit of deliberation, both internally and on this forum, the future of WizWorld Inc as a publishing imprint and a brand is OVER --- it is with GREAT PLEASURE and TREMENDOUS ESTEEM that I introduce the new name in multi-media entertainment:

At V:IP we're dedicated to exploring new concepts and longstanding archetypes, confident that our unique perspective will create an entertainment experience for fans of EVERY media genre! All projects formerly under the WWI banner will continue without abatement, seeing publication as planned starting with, The Samaritan #1 (Dandridge/McKinzie) and The Trouble w/Love (Dandridge/Edge). Check www.vantageinhouse.blogspot.com for updates, news and more!

A BIG thanks to everyone who assisted in this transition, via counsel or discussion -- your input was CRITICAL in this decision and I truly appreciate have you as friends and colleagues!

-Victor Dandridge
Vantage:Inhouse Productions

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler James
post Feb 10 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,029

Vic, since you consulted with us regarding the name change, I'd be interested to hear more on how you landed on your new name. Branding, naming, etc. is a big decisions with a lot of ramifications. I'm curious to hear more about the thought process you went through. Why Vantage:Inhouse Productions? Why the logo you landed on?

--------------------

+Quote Post
wwi3313
post Feb 10 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tyler James @ Feb 10 2011, 11:32 AM) *
Vic, since you consulted with us regarding the name change, I'd be interested to hear more on how you landed on your new name. Branding, naming, etc. is a big decisions with a lot of ramifications. I'm curious to hear more about the thought process you went through. Why Vantage:Inhouse Productions? Why the logo you landed on?

That's a GREAT question, Tyler -- for those that don't readily know, "vantage" generally means a position or condition asserting superiority or commanding view. Had I stayed on writing Hotshot, it was going to be the name of a character based on myself, who would've become a prominent player in the series. My goal is to create a commanding position within the industry, so that name is a perfect summation. "Inhouse" is somewhat of an inside joke -- currently, my studio is out of my home, so most, if not all of the final production work will be done here, "inhouse."

I wanted an iconic portion to the logo; something I could post as a single image that would represent the company as a whole and that's the target-crested V that I call the "Vantage Point." The colors of the centric circles represent the primary colors, one of the base elements of visual art and the order is a slight reference to Superman, the forefather of the industry. The words are positioned to represent a creative nexus -- an open variable for all the different venues and medias that I'm looking to explore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Feb 11 2011, 08:10 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,957

I think it looks great man! You did good!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Feb 13 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Yeah, I agree, and the explanation of how you arrived at that point on all fronts was both interesting and very meaningful, and solidifies the effectiveness of this new brand in my opinion. I also like the recognizable symbol you appropriately call the Vantage Point, and the fact that the company's abbreviation, V:IP, is a play on VIP (Very Important Person). Nicely done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wwi3313
post Feb 13 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Thanks guys! It was definitely a personal accomplishment to even move beyond WWI, so it means even more that you guys dig it so intrinsically!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Feb 13 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

I agree with Cary, Nice work!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 11:34 AM