MORE @ COMIC RELATED: NEWS COLUMNS REVIEWS PODCASTS BLOGS

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Red Riding Hood
G-Man
post Mar 13 2011, 07:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

A Blood Moon happens every 13 years and according to this film is the only time when the curse of a werewolf can be passed to a victim...during those three days of the Blood Moon a man bitten by a wolf is a man cursed. I actually like that take on the werewolf legend.

Something else that seems to happen about every 13 years....my wife and I can actually agree on wanting to see the same film at the theatres. Such was the case with Red Riding Hood.....( the last time this happened wasn't really 13 years ago...it was a couple months ago when we went to see Black Swan. Liked Red Riding Hood much better despite the fact Mila Kunhis was not in this film.)

Overall I thought this film was very enjoyable and I liked it more than my wife did....good story, good acting (especially from Gary Oldman...I wasn't even concerned with that fact....he never disappoints) and a real good blending of one of the best and most recent werewolf films in the last few years with classic elements from the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale and a hint of witchcraft. (even a touch of Peter and the Wolf-nice)

I will definitely buy this on d.v.d when it comes out. Very detail driven in the story. I always like that.

There was a few things I think distracted from the film...most of it on the CGI end...the cabins looked plastic, the animated snow flakes, great far away shots of the immense forest surrounding this village but close up of the trees looked very polished ...and the interaction with the werewolf (while very good at first) came across later as a little too much like Draco the Dragon from Dragonheart.....BUT not enough distractions for me to dislike the film.

Another aspect about the film that I liked was there was a great deal of actors in the cast that are also regular actors on Smallville...

The guy that played Hawkman was in the movie
As was the gentleman who plays Slade Wilson ( cannot stand him as Slade but liked him in his role in this film)
And the woman that plays Granny Goodness was in this film as well (once again do not like her as Granny Goodness but thought she did well in this film although I liked her best at Gladys the demon that worked at the BMV on the t.v series Reaper)

My wife walked out of the film not really sure what it was she didn't really like about the film and could only manage to say she thought it was "okay"

I walked out the film very happy that it never became "Twilight" and disturbed by the fact that I thought Grandma came across as a little seductive????

What is wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Mar 13 2011, 12:23 PM

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Decapitated_Dan
post Mar 13 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,983

Looking nice! Soon as it hits that cheap theater i'm there

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 06:37 PM