Reply to this topicStart new topic
My Twilight Star Debut!
Gonzogoose
post Mar 17 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

Well, it appears I've fallen down the Jack Rabbit hole as I find myself more and more involved with Twilight Star Studios run by Bill Gladman, Frank Raynor and the Church brothers, the four founders.

My actual debut for Twilight Star is obviously Price for the Asking, which I have been lettering since its inception, and it is off to the printers for the print version.

I also recently lettered a short written by Frank Raynor called "Perfect Day" that will see publication in Tales from the Field #3 coming soon.

As I have talked about before, I am illustrating a short story written by Bill Gladman, but wasn't sure exactly when it was coming out as I've kind of dragged my feet on it. Now that surgery is done and the road to recovery is so far going well, we have a publication date in sight!

But before I get to that, there's another piece of news concerning the very same issue my published art debut will be in, and that is my writing debut for Twilight Star!

After getting excited talking to Bill on Zone 4 I brought a couple of shorts I had done a few years ago to his attention. They are little 3-page horror shorts that were supposed to be published but never were.

Bill really dug them and pitched them to the rest of the studio at the meeting the next day. Much to my surprise, two artists jumped at the chance to work on my shorts, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

So, Pandemonium Spotlight #3, which will be out on in June or July will feature not only "Blue Morning", the story I'm illustrating, but also "Jersey Devil", one of my 3-page shorts with art by Kevin Adkins!!!

Read more here: http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...ost&p=60943

And Gary Church has shown interest in illustrating my other story, "Chupacabra" in a publication yet to be determined down the road.

So I am very excited as I have finally expanded a little past Wannabez in my writing efforts, and my art is finally getting out there as well!

I can't thank Bill, Kevin, Gary and the rest of Twilight Star Studios enough for allowing me to play in their sandbox.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Mar 17 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Almost forgot that I also have a pinup of one of Bill's characters, Devil Digger, in, I believe, the Un-Naturals Source Book, which will be available at Gem City Comic Con on April 3rd!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Mar 17 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Here's the pencils of the Devil Digger pinup I did. I inked it for the publication, so this is just a little tease (can't recall if I shared this before or not):

And here's a prelim sketch of a character from Blue Morning, the story of Bill's I'm drawing:

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Mar 17 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,660

Cue the ghostly organ music.....just dropping by to point out Brant is involved with Twilight Star in other ways as well...

Health permitting he will be co-hosting the Twilight Star panel at Gem City with Michael Boruff of U.V.N. and The Goose will be at the Twilight Star table some point in the day to sign copies of Tales From The 'Field #3, The Un-Naturals Resource Book and Price For The Asking #1...all of these books he was indeed involved in.

Plus Brant is the guy designing the Twilight Star web site. We're very pleased to be working with Brant in any capacity.

Brant Fowler
Hell Yeah!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Mar 17 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,427

Well let's make this a family affair for sure. Brant, that astounding cover just posted here is the work of a young high school senior here Fort Collins, CO named Ian Maday. He goes to school with my granddaughter Cora and she brought him to my attention. A few weeks ago, at my invitation, he stopped by the house to show me his portfolio. This is one talented kid. Amongst his stuff was this particular image which I found truly fantastic. I showed it to Bill...and it now graces the cover of Pandemonium Spotlight # 3.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Mar 17 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Wow, that's awesome, Ron, I didn't know that. Very cool!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:14 PM