Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kneel before ZOD!
Cary
post Apr 10 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,957

I saw over on Yahoo that they've cast at least one of the villains for the new Superman movie, and it's ZOD! woo! I don't advocate a retelling of the now classic Superman 2 by any means, because while I dig the flick I want something new and FAR better, but it still rocks to see one that it's Zod and two that so far they're staying away from Luthor, which has been done do death with the movies and with Smallville. Now sure, Zod showed up in Smallville too, but he's nowhere near as well known as Luthor, and I think there's a ton of room to play with him and have some fun within an excellent movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuter...n-movie-reuters

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dianthrax
post Apr 11 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,828

This is going to make me sound like a complete retard but since I'm not one to pretend that I know about things when I'm really completely clueless about them, and since I have never seen Superman 2 and know nothing about ZOD, I feel like it's understandable for me to have a laughable "ah-ha" moment of realization:

Ooohh... okay. That line from Supernatural makes a lot more sense now. It's also funnier, which makes the show even more awesome.

Let the mocking commence!!

(Also, I know that was a completely useless and random post, having nothing to do with the new Superman movie, or the old ones, or anything related to Superman at all. But I'd been looking for something to be my first post in the forum- to lose my forum virginity if you will- and this seemed like as good a reply as any. And just like losing my actual virginity it was very brief, basically a waste of time, and I was listening to The Chemical Brothers throughout the whole thing.)

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 11 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dianthrax @ Apr 11 2011, 01:05 AM) *
This is going to make me sound like a complete retard but since I'm not one to pretend that I know about things when I'm really completely clueless about them, and since I have never seen Superman 2 and know nothing about ZOD, I feel like it's understandable for me to have a laughable "ah-ha" moment of realization:

Ooohh... okay. That line from Supernatural makes a lot more sense now. It's also funnier, which makes the show even more awesome.

Let the mocking commence!!

(Also, I know that was a completely useless and random post, having nothing to do with the new Superman movie, or the old ones, or anything related to Superman at all. But I'd been looking for something to be my first post in the forum- to lose my forum virginity if you will- and this seemed like as good a reply as any. And just like losing my actual virginity it was very brief, basically a waste of time, and I was listening to The Chemical Brothers throughout the whole thing.)

lol well for what it's worth your very first forum post cracked me the hell up! Welcome to the asylum, and feel free to look around, share, rant, or just opine as you want. Most folks around here are pretty cool, and it's very much a family vibe, which you don't find on many forums across the web. With your obvious sense of humor I think you're gonna get along famously around here!

Now as for not having seen Superman 2...we gotta fix that. I would suggest the Director's cut version, which should be available via Netflix or at your local Best buy. I found that version to make a lot more sense than the old theatrical version. Both are fun movies, but the Director's cut just fleshes things out much better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Apr 11 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

If you think Russ's rant on last weeks Why I Love was crazy. Wait till you hear my rant on this wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dianthrax
post Apr 11 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 19,828

QUOTE (Cary @ Apr 10 2011, 11:39 PM) *
lol well for what it's worth your very first forum post cracked me the hell up! Welcome to the asylum, and feel free to look around, share, rant, or just opine as you want. Most folks around here are pretty cool, and it's very much a family vibe, which you don't find on many forums across the web. With your obvious sense of humor I think you're gonna get along famously around here!

Now as for not having seen Superman 2...we gotta fix that. I would suggest the Director's cut version, which should be available via Netflix or at your local Best buy. I found that version to make a lot more sense than the old theatrical version. Both are fun movies, but the Director's cut just fleshes things out much better.

Thank you very much! To be honest I was a little nervous posting; I'm never really sure how my sense of humor is going to go over with people. This bodes very well for my upcoming articles which, if you can imagine it, are much like my post only a lot longer and with more semi-off-topic tangents and colorful language. They are also the reason why it could be a little while before I have the chance to sit down and watch Superman 2 in any cut, though I really would like to.

It's one of those movies I've always meant to watch but somehow never got around to actually doing it. Like last years Oscar winner for Best Director- the one with the bombs & the soldier in Iraq? Still haven't seen it. And what's worse? I actually OWN that one (I used to be a film/music critic so I have a lot of movies.) It's sitting in my DVD case right now just like it has been for months so I don't even have a good excuse. It's shameful. I'm ashamed.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 12 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Apr 11 2011, 09:51 PM) *
If you think Russ's rant on last weeks Why I Love was crazy. Wait till you hear my rant on this wink.gif

I wasn't aware Russ had a rant on this. Why was he ranting? Doesn't he like Zod?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 11:22 PM