2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Person Of Interest
G-Man
post Sep 24 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Watched the series premiere of the new series by executive producer J.J Abrams and thought it was "O.K". The start of the show was rocky with some very questionable acting by some of the supporting cast. I like the main three characters and the actors playing them and think the show is built around an interesting concept and it has a lot of potential...but it has room for a lot of improvement.

There was a LOT of holes in the story, which became somewhat predictable after a while. I don't waste a lot of time watching t.v when I think I can put that time to good use elsewhere so a show has to impress me right away for me to stick around (like Smallville and Fringe ....and Reaper, Heroes, and Flash Forward although those three shows grew thin very fast...Reaper got canceled before I could stop watching it and I never made it to the cancellation of the other two).

I am willing to watch this again next week and see how it goes, and I did like this one more and more as it went along despite some stumbling blocks, if next week continues to improve I may be around for a while.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 30 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #2

It's been a really busy week.....and once again I was in bed when the latest episode of Person Of Interest aired, but my wife recorded it for me. I actually told her before I went to bed last night not to worry about it. I was tired, my head was in the clouds and if I didn't see any more of the show I was sure I would live.

She disregarded the comment and recorded it anyway, and I'm glad she did.

I just watched it and the very first 5 minutes was worth watching the entire show. And the rest of the show wasn't bad. It was very good in spots, liked the the glimpse into Finch's past....and there was parts where it seemed to be just going through the motions. Still has a very inconsistent feel to it. It's a show that's struggling to find itself and with the second episode made serious strives in the right direction.

Looks like I will be back next week to try it again, hopefully watching it as it airs.....call me a dinosaur but I'm not really into the whole pre-recorded thing.

Matter of fact there's no denying I am a dinosaur....recording this on a vcr.

Yeah.....that's how G-Manasaurus Rex rolls.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 5 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Bill, if you ever have Tivo or OnDemand I think you'll change your mind on that. Watching it with limited to no commercials at your convenience is really the way to go!

I did catch the pilot on CBS.com thanks to Ron's recommendation. It was decent. It hasn't hooked me yet, but I'm willing to check out the next episode or two. After reading your thoughts on the second episode I'm actually looking forward to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 6 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #4

Tonight will be the night that determines if I keep watching this or not. It's become a chore to find time to watch this thing and to remember to record it. It's going have to improve enough to make me feel it's worth the effort.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 7 2011, 09:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,427

Wow, another great episode. I really like this show a lot and the exchanges between Reese and Finch are great. Keeps me guessing and those tiny hints at their back stories are really well done. One of the best new shows of the season hands down.
Come on, G-Man, get with the program! cool.gif

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 7 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Watched the latest episode just now....and it was good. Actually....very good. Best episode of the series so far, I will agree with that, and it improved a great deal this week. The acting sharpened, the story line kept me guessing (thought I had it figured out twice and was wrong both times...) And I like the attention for detail.

Starting to enjoy the game of cat and mouse with Reece and Carter.

I'll be back next week.

An added incentive. My wife also likes the show. It's not very often the two of can curl up together and watch a weekly televison program.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 16 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #7

Now we're starting to pick up some speed. I really liked this one. The ending really keeps you guessing.

I hope Reece made the right choice.....and shot that dude!

It goes against the redemption aspect that Reece's character seems to be looking for at times....but man the guy really deserves it and if Reece really thinks that he himself is beyond the point of redemption, there was nothing to keep him from pulling the trigger.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 16 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Yeah, man, leaving you hanging on his decision was crazy. This was a really intense episode, and the show is really finding its feet at this point I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 16 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Damn, I actually missed this week's episode. Was sure it would show up at ON DEMAND. And it did not. Gonna check out Hulu right now.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 16 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

It wasn't showing on Hulu for me, but if you go to cbs.com it's up there, Ron. That's where I watched it just a little while ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 16 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #11

Yup, Hulu did send me there...and I watched it. Totally agree...a very nifty ending. Me, I say Reese shot him. Gets better every week.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 16 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Well, I mean he did have all that lye handy, and he did seem to know how to use it... heh

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 16 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #13

Yeah-

Ellie forgot to record it this week so I had to watch it on cbs. com too!

The supporting cast is really starting to sharpen up and I loved this story....good to see Linda Cardellini again....always good to see Linda Cardellini......the woman that made Velma from Scooby Doo hot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 16 2011, 05:58 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Heh, and playing a doctor again (she was on the last few seasons of ER).

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 22 2011, 07:52 AM
Post #15

Caught the latest episode of the show last night....as I also caught up with the wedding on Shannon Tweed and Gene Simmons...seeing how there was no new episode of Fringe this week.

This was the best episode of the series so far. Seems like I make that comment every week, and that's because this show continues to improve and impress. My wife and I really enjoyed this one a lot.

And ....J.J.Abrams managed to sneak a little bit of Fringe into this episode, with the main "bad guy" being played by (and played well) by the same guy that plays the main "bald guy" over on Fringe. Very nice.

Also liked how they didn't mention the ending of the previous episode at all....still leaving that one up to the viewer.

I do think Finch is allowing himself to be seen way too much.....the diner exchange better Finch and Reese at the beginning and end of the show was very good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 22 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #16

Finch is just having to play a more active role than he ever imagined when he made the decision to start his little operation. It's obvious he thought Reese would do all the physical stuff and is now discovering Reese, no matter how capable he is ( I loved that shoot-out at the end) still cannot be in two places in one time and this episode brought that to Finch's awareness.
I also love how they've slapped the "crooked" cop onto the female detective hunting Reese. And like you, Bill, was cool to see the "bald" dude playing a bad-ass. I tend to forget, until I see the Bad Robot logo every week that this is another J.J.Abrams show.
Coupled with FRINGE, Abrams now produces my TWO favorite TV shows.

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Oct 22 2011, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 22 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #17

Coupled with FRINGE, Abrams now produces my TWO favorite TV shows.

Same here!

Wait a minute....these are my only two shows!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Oct 23 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #18

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

I love this show but don't want to make any emotional attachment because every time I do, the show gets cancelled. Speaking of which, this is now my replacement for "Human Target."

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 28 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #19

About half way through this episode I told my wife "this is my least favorite episode so far."

Right after that, it got better....much better. The ending was solid, I liked the fact that old man Keller was involved with the whole thing and how Finch tore him apart.

The "Elias" back story is starting to take shape rather well...and hopefully we ...and Reece will see more of Zoe Morgan in the future.

Also a very nice version of the song "New York New York" at the show's conclusion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 28 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #20

Hey, Bill, I just got around to watching it this evening and it, as ever won me over right from the start. I liked how Finch confessed to knowing the murdered girl and his soul searing feeling of helplessness to save her ...or any of the others until he found Reese. Told my wife, watching these two totally unique men become a team of justice and retribution every week is pure pulp heaven. And Zoe Morgan is one cool character. I too hope she reappears eventually.
Damn, but it just keeps getting better and better.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 12:43 AM