Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Myth Hunter, A pulp adventure in the vein of Indiana Jones
Percival Constan...
post Oct 16 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,085

Here's the description of my latest novel, The Myth Hunter. This book also has the honorable distinction of being the first book to bear the New Pulp logo!

Ancient civilizations. Gods and monsters. All the legends of the world have elements of truth to them. And to track down those legends, there are the myth hunters. Some of them, like Elisa Hill, are explorers, trying to learn more about the world we live in. And some are soldiers of fortune, whose only goal is to profit off them.

When evidence proving the existence of the lost continent of Lemuria, Elisa embarks on a journey for the truth. And her quest will take her from the oceans of the Caribbean to the temples of India and the Ryukyu Islands of Japan. But it’s a race against time, because the mysterious sect known as the Order and a ruthless myth hunter named Seth are also after the secrets of Lemuria.

Here are what some noted pulpateers have been saying about it:

“This book is full of vivid descriptions, fantastically crafted narrative, intriguing and engaging dialogue, but its biggest star is the characterization. Constantine brings each and every character to life, not just with vivid details, but with emotions and passions. Even the characters we are meant to like leave us feeling a little divided on just how much we like them, and that’s a sign of humanity granted to a written creation, a skill many writers never ever develop.”
-Tommy Hancock

“From the opening action sequence to the last climatic battle with a cruel and vicious assassin, ‘The Myth Hunter’ is a super charged thriller that never lets up…a solid, masterful thriller by a young writer realizing his tremendous potential.”
-Ron Fortier

"What separates Elisa from Lara Croft and the others who came before her is that Constantine takes the time to flesh her out, showing her to be a flawed but ultimately heroic figure. She's not just your standard issue "adventuring hottie," and that works well for the book as a whole."
-Barry Reese

"Percival continues creating his own mythology and populating them with wonderfully engaging characters. The Myth Hunter won't disappoint fans of his work."
-Derrick Ferguson

If you're interested, you can pick it up in paperback and ebook.

--------------------
NOVELS
SoulQuest
Dragon Kings of the Orient
Outlaw Blues
The Lost Continent
Love & Bullets
Chasing The Dragon
Fallen

PercivalConstantine.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Percival Constan...
post Nov 29 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

What's that? You mean you haven't picked up a copy of The Myth Hunter, the inaugural book of the New Pulp Movement? Well, what are you waiting for? Because the price has just been slashed! Now, you can pick up the e-book for the low, low price of $0.99!

Not only that, but you can also pick up my previous book, Love & Bullets, for the same price!

Two bucks gets you two great tales of two-fisted action! What more could you want?

--------------------
NOVELS
SoulQuest
Outlaw Blues
The Lost Continent
Love & Bullets
Chasing The Dragon
Fallen

PercivalConstantine.com

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 29 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,427

MYTH HUNTER was easily one of my favorite reads of the past year and I do recommend it strongly. And at this price, now there's a bargain!!!

+Quote Post
Percival Constan...
post Nov 29 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thanks Ron!

The Amazon listings now reflect the price change. And if you're someone who prefers print books, I haven't forgotten about you, either. Both The Myth Hunter and Love & Bullets are now available for $9.95! Check out more details over at my Amazon page!

--------------------
NOVELS
SoulQuest
Outlaw Blues
The Lost Continent
Love & Bullets
Chasing The Dragon
Fallen

PercivalConstantine.com

+Quote Post
Percival Constan...
post Apr 4 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Barry Reese recently named The Myth Hunter one of his all-time favorite New Pulp reads!

Also be sure to check out the latest review of The Myth Hunter, courtesy of C.W. Russette!

--------------------
NOVELS
SoulQuest
Outlaw Blues
The Lost Continent
Love & Bullets
Chasing The Dragon
Fallen

PercivalConstantine.com

+Quote Post
Bobby Nash: Writ...
post Apr 27 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,445

I am loving that cover, Perry. This one is in my to read pile.

Bobby

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:06 PM