Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Jan 31 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,037

I was so shocked to see this when someone posted it on facebook. So sad, I was most certainly a fan.

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 31 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Very sad, I was shocked to hear the news as well. Has it been solidly confirmed?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 31 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,427

Brant, its been all over the internet all day long. And that he did in fact take his own life. Truly sad.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 31 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

I've seen everyone talking about it, but I haven't seen any word from his family or any news report. It all came from Bleeding Cool, so I just want to make sure it's valid before posting about it is all.

If it is in fact true, it is very sad as I said. A true shame.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cougar18
post Jan 31 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,981

I am absolutely shocked, saddened, and...I don't want to say disgusted, no, horrified would be the correct term, at this news.

The guy was more talented than many of us dream, and yet he decided to take his own life. How could someone be so sad to do such a thing? Really, when does someone look at their life and think that that is the complete answer.

God...I am just so saddened to hear of this. I mean, could he not have gotten help, would he not reach out to someone to offer help? Sorry, I am just so shocked and confused to see this.
I know many a person who sank that low, some who took the same drastic steps, others who sought help, and thankfully are still alive to this day.

My thoughts and condolences go out to Al and his family.

So very sad..

+Quote Post
Gordon_D
post Jan 31 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,467

I know...it's one of the trickier aspects of suicide/depression - the fact that you feel so overwhelmed you can't ask for help can sometimes lead to feeling as if suicide is the only way out.

I once read (and I wish I could remember the text) that suicide results when person's pain exceeds their resources/ability to cope with that pain. (I've lost two friends to suicide in the past few years. It's a feeling that often subsides, but never really goes away). As confusing as his motives may be, and as much as his passing affects us, the most we can do is simply mourn and grieve, and send our thoughts and prayers out to Mr. Rio's family.

--------------------
Tipping Sacred Cows since 2004 at http://www.blogthispal.com
More stuff can be found at http://www.gordondymowski.com

+Quote Post
cougar18
post Feb 1 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,981

QUOTE (Gordon_D @ Jan 31 2012, 08:38 PM) *
I know...it's one of the trickier aspects of suicide/depression - the fact that you feel so overwhelmed you can't ask for help can sometimes lead to feeling as if suicide is the only way out.

I once read (and I wish I could remember the text) that suicide results when person's pain exceeds their resources/ability to cope with that pain. (I've lost two friends to suicide in the past few years. It's a feeling that often subsides, but never really goes away). As confusing as his motives may be, and as much as his passing affects us, the most we can do is simply mourn and grieve, and send our thoughts and prayers out to Mr. Rio's family.

Well said Gordon. Well said.

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Feb 5 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #9

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

I am still in shock over this. While I don't understand suicide itself, I do understand the thoughts some have and how bad depression can get. I am sure we all have at some point in our lives. This was a great loss for many, may he rest in peace for all eternity.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 09:55 AM