IPB
MORE @ COMIC RELATED: NEWS COLUMNS REVIEWS PODCASTS BLOGS

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bob McLeod Art Workshop - 2012 March 25 - Lexington KY, Thought this would be of intereste to Sketch Mag Folks!
Jonathan
post Feb 9 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,330

Lexington KY Comic Creators Group presents:
A Comic Art Workshop
Bob McLeod: Visual Storytelling and Inking
Sunday March 25th 2012 - ArtsPlace, 161 North Mill Street, Lexington KY 40507

Join us for a rare local learning opportunity. Bob McLeod is a veteran comic artist working for Marvel and DC comics. He has edited the comic art magazine Rough Stuff, authored and illustrated a children's book, and teaches art at the college level. Given Bob's experience and skill this will be of interest to novice as well as experienced comic artists/cartoonists!

This workshop will have two segments you can choose one or both

9:00 -9:30 Check in and late registration

9:30 -12:30 Morning session
Storytelling learn about layout of the page, pacing, clarity and focus. Bring your sample page (get sample scripts and tip sheets beforehand by pre-registering) and get expert advice and feedback from Bob.

12:30-2:00 Lunch

1:30- 2:00 Check in and late registration

2:00 -5:00 Afternoon session
Inking learn about line weight, texture, spotting blacks, and creating depth. Learn about the tools and their proper use (get suggested supply list when pre-registering).

Pre-register for $25 single session or attend both morning and afternoon sessions for $45.
Late registration is $30 per session. Cash or check.

Class size is limited - sign up now to reserve your spot!

We strongly encourage everyone to pre-register to get the most out of the workshop. Bob has graciously provided learning assets that will get you prepped for a premium learning experience during the workshop time. Please note, instruction will be tailored to the group at hand and accommodations for late registrants made as possible.

Registration or more info -contact us by email:. lexkyccg@gmail.com or phone: (859) 276-5528

Web resources:

--------------------
Jonathan Gilpin
Coordinator
Lexington KY Comic Creators Group
Web: http://lexkyccg.blogspot.com
E-mail: lexkyccg@gmail.com
Art site: http://jgilpinartwatch.blogspot.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bill Nichols
post Feb 10 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,860

The door at Sketch Magazine is always open for Bob, esp. since I claim him as one of my mentors. For several years, he was involved with TwoMorrows doing Rough Stuff. He's a fount of wisdom and I'm still after him to do something for us. Good call. I'll plug this as well.

--------------------
Inker and writer of comics
Editor of Sketch Magazine

Comics Mentorfor encouragement and advice in your comics creating
Bill NIchols YouTube Channel
Arteest, my webcomic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:07 PM