Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gem City Comic Con 2012!!!!
G-Man
post Feb 17 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Ohio's largest independently owned comic convention returns for it's very first two day event this coming March 31st and April 1st!

We at Twilight Star are really looking forward to this show which has become the biggest that we appear at each year. This year at least four new books will be available at three different tables within the convention. I'll post at a later date exactly what books will be debuting at the show....I know one is Tales From The 'Field #4.

Twilight Star members and long time New Comic Day creators Chad Strohl and Brant Fowler ( you might as well call Brant a Twilight Star member. We kinda adopted him) will be teaming up with NCD co-creator and former writer Bill Gladman for a BRAND NEW/ GEM CITY EXCLUSIVE NEW COMIC DAY STRIP available only in the Gem City program (but I'm sure it will get collected with the rest of the third year NCD stuff somewhere down the line)

(And I'm also pretty sure that Bill Gladman guy is somehow involved with Twilight Star as well)

Saturday March 31st at 1:00 current Comic Book Jeopardy Champion-writer/artist Chad Strohl will be defending his title against none other than BRANT FOWLER....and Comic Related's own JOHN WILSON!!!! Host Matt Smith and Bill has just finished finalizing this year's questions and man are they good ones!

Twilight Star co-founder Frank Raynor and that Bill guy will be acting as game judges once again-this show is tons of fun! You don't want to miss it!!!

Also on Saturday the Twilight Star Creator Panel returns to Gem City for the second year....by special request! This year hosted by Mr. October!!!

Seen here hanging out with Gary Church at the 2010 Champion City after party.

What has the studio that never sleeps been up to these last 365 days....find out for yourself and attend this panel which takes place at 3:00 p.m!!!

And last but by no means least Frank Raynor and Bill Gladman again host the Hero Initiative Charity Auction with Raichal Gladman and Brian Carson. Auction starts 4:30 Saturday and runs to the show's conclusion that day. This year promises to be a very good year!!!!

Tons more info about Gem City and the charity auction can be found right here!

http://comicrelated.com/news/15147/gem-city-poster

This post has been edited by G-Man: Feb 17 2012, 12:33 PM

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 23 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Check out the news about the Gem city panels at this link!!!! Twilight Star has a busy day first day of the con!

http://gemcitycomiccon.com/panels#.T0ZYYrtBfs4.facebook

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 23 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Latest news about Twilight Star at Gem City

#1-The Twilight Star Creator Panel at 3:00p.m Saturday March 31st will not be hosted by Mr. October as previously mentioned but will instead by hosted by Matt Smith.

#2-Bill will be hosting a panel with writer, good friend, and fellow Twilight Star extended studio member, RaynMan Hall Of Fame 2011 winner Chad Lambert at 2:00 p.m Saturday March 31st!!!

#3-And for the second year in a row Twilight Star will be debuting FIVE new books at Gem City Comic Con including..

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3
Tales From The 'Field #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #4
Jack The Rabbit #1 (2nd printing)
Necrotrancer: Shades of Gray

Also available at Gem City for the very first time-

Cygann #1
Brit And Ivy #1
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #1 and #2
Pandemonium Spotlight #3
Price For The Asking #2

Plus
Trading cards
14x20 full color prints
t-shirts
stickers!

See you there!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 23 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #4

There will be a fourth contestant for Comic Book Jeopardy!!!

Joining Chad Strohl, Brant Folwer, John Wilson....along with host Matt Smith and judges Bill Gladman and Frank Raynor....writer MARK WAID will be joining the fun as a celebrity guest!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:40 AM