MORE @ COMIC RELATED: NEWS COLUMNS REVIEWS PODCASTS BLOGS

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Indie Comic Creation/Self-Publishing Blog
charltonsect
post Mar 15 2012, 07:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,294

Hey guys.. I'm new here. Very new. My name is Chris and I'm a self-publishing writer from Cincinnati getting close to releasing my first two books through my own self-serving company (Assailant Comics).

I started writing my first comic series (12 issue arc) last year. Originally I had hoped to have it published by an established publisher but quickly realized that just wasn't reality for many reasons. I've spent the last few months getting together a business plan and putting my own books together. Tons of rookie mistakes. Oversights. Just stupid things I've done as I've pushed through this process for the first time. Despite that, I really fell in love with the process.

I documented all of this in my blog called "How To Die Trying", which was recently moved to MyComicBlog.com. I think there could be some helpful stuff for anyone going down the same path. Hopefully someone else can learn from my mistakes. It's been a lot of work self-publishing. Some real heartache and headaches, but also an amazing feeling of accomplishment. It kinda made my wallet sad... but still...

Anyway.. if anyone is interested in reading it, it's HERE: How To Die Trying

My first book releases are right around the corner. The Assailant Comics website will be active soon and all sorts of fun stuff.

Just wanted to say hello. Nice to meet you guys!

PS - The letterer on my first series is none other than Brant Fowler! (he's awesome) Hi Brant!

--------------------
Check out my books at AssailantComics.com !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Gonzogoose
post Mar 15 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Hey Chris, welcome to the boards! I think you'll like it around here. I'll have to check out your blog sometime.

And let me just say for the masses, when lettering, there are some projects that are just fun to work on, and that makes the work a lot easier. Chris' book is one of those for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
charltonsect
post Mar 15 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Mar 15 2012, 10:20 AM) *
Hey Chris, welcome to the boards! I think you'll like it around here. I'll have to check out your blog sometime.

And let me just say for the masses, when lettering, there are some projects that are just fun to work on, and that makes the work a lot easier. Chris' book is one of those for me.

LIES!! I'm a slave-driver!!

Haha.. Thanks man.. that's awesome of you to say.

Pretty soon everything will be ready to roll. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
charltonsect
post Mar 22 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #4

Shoutout to Brant in this weeks blog for help and advice. You are good peeps sir!

Also a picture of the Assailant banner I'll be dragging around with me to various conventions this year. I think it looks pretty cool!

http://www.mycomicblog.com/2012/03/how-to-die-trying-tdwyl/

--------------------

+Quote Post
charltonsect
post Mar 29 2012, 06:10 AM
Post #5

I'm not trying to make it a habit of posting my blog stuff on here, but there's a cool inking video from one of the artists (Joe Badon) in this weeks blog. He's doing one of the short stories for my "Sleepless" book.

Anyway - it's pretty cool!

http://www.mycomicblog.com/2012/03/h...-not-to-print/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Mar 29 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,427

Hi Chris, welcome to the CR family, and as my first professional comic works was for Charlton Comics, I obviously like your tag here. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
charltonsect
post Mar 30 2012, 07:27 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Mar 29 2012, 10:16 AM) *
Hi Chris, welcome to the CR family, and as my first professional comic works was for Charlton Comics, I obviously like your tag here. biggrin.gif

Thanks very much! Yeah I had always secretly hoped that my name might grab some attention on its own since Charlton Comics are such a big part of the history. So far nothing! haha

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 05:01 PM