Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kickstarter... Has it worked for you?
ChuckMoore
post Apr 23 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #1

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm considering a kickstarter campaign to fund a book I'm helping with. For those of you who have run campaigns, how many were successful and do you have any advice for someone trying it for the first time?

Thanks!
Chuck

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
doombug
post Apr 23 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Eric Ratcliffe

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,668

Kickstarter for the most part is quite possibly one of the best ways for creators to actively crowd source and just spread your work out to a new and growing fanbase.

Some of the most successful are of course done by people who it's taken years to really make their names know. (Look at you Tim Schaefer!)

but at the same time it's open to anyone and such a brilliant system to really have your say in something to be made. Whether it be comics, video games, web series or even products in my mind Kickstarter is almost an iTunes or Comixology...changing the way things are done and giving the people who would be purchasing the product the chance to help get it made.

Hell I mentioned Tim Schaefer because I believe they are now the most successful kickstarter project ever. They wanted to raise 100,000 for a new point and click adventure game and the making of Doc....they raised over 3 million. (Womanthology did pretty well too now that I'm thinking about it)

Guys like Jimmy Palmiotti and Paul Jenkins are now actively producing projects through it.

And as we speak both the Variants and Nuka Break season 2 are actively raising their new seasons production costs through the site.

I really don't see Kickstarter as anyone begging for money or scamming people (there's only been 1 case of that) and I honestly see it as another example of the digital age changing the way things can be produced in the 2000's.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 09:09 AM