IPB
MORE @ DESPERADO: HOME ABOUT TITLES SCHEDULE STORE

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Antoine Sharp, The Atheist TP on sale Feb 20th!
joepruett
post Feb 19 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,507

ANTOINE SHARP, THE ATHEIST: INCARNATE, TP
story by PHIL HESTER
art by JOHN McCREA and WILL VOLLEY
cover by TED WING III
112 pg
BW
$15.99
When your fears are beyond belief you need a hero beyond believing. Antoine Sharpe is a scalpel on two legs- skeptical, brilliant, ruthless. A special agent with a shadowy department of the U.S. government, Sharpe applies his unconventional intellect to any paranormal threats that arise. His mission: Debunk or destroy. When countless teenagers show signs of otherworldly possession, Sharpe and his partner must not only find the truth, but stop the apparent plague from destroying civilization itself. How far will Sharpe go to save humanity? Farther than you can imagine. This trade paperback collects the hard to find, critically acclaimed mini-series.

"Youíre liable to get the end-of-the-episode TWILIGHT ZONE chills. [Hester has] an imagination and subtlety to his horror storytelling that recalls Alan Mooreís days on SWAMP THING."-Dave Farabee, Ain't It Cool News
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jparrish08
post Mar 1 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,581

Is there anyword when the next series Antoine Sharp will begin? Will it follow a bi-monthly pace or will it be a miniseries?

+Quote Post
joepruett
post Mar 2 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jparrish08 @ Mar 1 2008, 09:05 PM) *
Is there anyword when the next series Antoine Sharp will begin? Will it follow a bi-monthly pace or will it be a miniseries?

It looks like we're putting it on the schedule for a July 2008 release and will be out on an every six weeks basis. Whether it'll be a limited series or a regular series is still under discussion. Joining Phil on the next story-arc will be artist Kevin Mellon, fresh from his fine work on Phil's THIRTEEN STEPS series. Artist Will Volley, who did such an excellent job on issue four of the original series, is on tap to climb back on the Atheist bandwagon for the following story-arc.

See, ask questions and you shall find answers!

Joe

+Quote Post
joshua
post Dec 11 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,774

The Atheist kicks a lot of ass and I enjoy this very much. Hopefully the trade does well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jparrish08
post Mar 14 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #5

Any word on when then next issues will hit?

+Quote Post
joepruett
post Mar 14 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jparrish08 @ Mar 14 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Any word on when then next issues will hit?

Because of the state of the marketplace right now in concern to the smaller independent companies, we've decided to finish off the 3rd and 4th issues of the current story-line and release all 4 issues in one volume. That's the bad news. The good news is that we'll discount the cover price to $7.99 so that people who bought the first two issues won't be expected to pay for the issues they've already purchased. That's right. 4 issues in one volume for $7.99.

We're doing the same thing with the unfinished Deadworld mini-series, Frozen Over and Slaughterhouse.

At this point, I'm not sure if Desperado will be doing many more floppies. We have the Brian Bolland The Actress & The Bishop one-shot going to print next week, but, other than that, I don't believe we have any more floppies on the schedule.

+Quote Post
jparrish08
post Jun 18 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Its unfortunate that they way the industry is going has caused Desperado to stop the production of singles. In some ways to allows for the investigation of new "opportunities". The Atheist and the rest of Desperado's library are great material and I hope that they succeed with this shift.

This leads me to the inevitable question of if The Atheist GN will be put out anytime soon then?

+Quote Post
joepruett
post Jun 22 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jparrish08 @ Jun 18 2009, 10:55 AM) *
Its unfortunate that they way the industry is going has caused Desperado to stop the production of singles. In some ways to allows for the investigation of new "opportunities". The Atheist and the rest of Desperado's library are great material and I hope that they succeed with this shift.

This leads me to the inevitable question of if The Atheist GN will be put out anytime soon then?

I was just talking with Phil Hester about the GN this past week. If I had to guess right now I'd think the TP collection would probably be out around Dec/Jan.

Joe

+Quote Post
jparrish08
post Nov 4 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #9

I'm starting to try and fill out some holiday lists. Any developments on the Atheist graphic novel? I hope its ready in time for the holidays for a gift!

+Quote Post
joepruett
post Nov 20 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jparrish08 @ Nov 4 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I'm starting to try and fill out some holiday lists. Any developments on the Atheist graphic novel? I hope its ready in time for the holidays for a gift!

Good news and bad news. The bad news is that the artist, Kevin Mellon, has been swamped with other work, but last I heard he was planning on coming back to finish the project off right after the new year. The good news is that Desperado has just signed a publishing partnership with IDW Publishing and so Antoine Sharpe and all our other projects will be moving underneath the IDW umbrella starting in March 2010. This means that some titles will be pushed back to work into the overall schedule we're coordinating with IDW, but I would expect the Antoine Sharpe trade to be out in the summer of 2010.

Hope you can wait. I'm not sure if I can. :-)

Joe

+Quote Post
jparrish08
post Jul 19 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #11

How is the transition over to IDW going? Any status updates on The Atheist?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:12 AM