16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Smallville, Superman, high-school-style
G-Man
post Feb 25 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #281

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Nice! 1936....I think that was back when Ron was twelve!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 25 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #282

Member No.: 1,427

Hahahahahah, now that's just too freakin' wild. I am so going to have to find this episode somewhere. Could I have a pal or fan somewhere on this production unit? Hahahah, that would be too sweet. Thanks for letting me know.

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Feb 25 2011, 10:11 PM

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 25 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #283

Andrew Salmon

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
doombug
post Feb 25 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #284

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

Someone needs to grab a screencap for Ron. I do hope it was a shout out, but I'm thinking it was just a coincidence. (Though I remember earlier in the season or last there was the comic con episode with Zatanna where they had asked CR family members for memorabilia to use on that episode so who knows?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Mar 4 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #285

An okay episode....a nice tip of the hat to the Geoff Johns Teen Titans stuff. Liked the use of Red K in the story and it's effects on Conner, who learned a lot quicker than Clark how to eliminate kryponite threats safely from a distance...it took Clark nine years!

I'm also beginning to like Tess more these lat few episodes.

But this episode had a feeling it was rushed. Thrown together in spots. But not a bad episode by any means...just didn't blow my socks off.

But....I'm dead tired...don't really seem to enjoy this show when I watch it this tired.

Last hiatus of the last season...starting April 15th we roll on until the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Mar 5 2011, 01:32 AM
Post #286

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

I disagree, Bill, I didn't feel it was rushed at all. I thought it was perfectly timed, and I really enjoyed it. From Conner coming to Clark, to Lionel corrupting him, to the moments between Conner and Clark, and the moments with Tess and Lionel, I thought it was one of the better episodes of the last few to be honest. And that ending, oh my! We see just how a certain character might return as we finally get a full, yet brief glimpse of a certain villain as he confronts Lionel. Nicely played all around in my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Mar 5 2011, 07:48 AM
Post #287

One of the personal drawbacks for me as far as this show being on Friday night is the fact Friday ends the week and as soon as I get off work...Friday night becomes the busiest night of the week for me as well.

If I'm lucky I have the first half of everything I need to get done finished by the time Young Justice comes on at 7:00. Sometimes this is not the case and I miss that show.

I have a half hour to briefly scan e-mails before Smallville comes on....and by the time Smallville comes on I'm starting to feel drained so it's got to "rock" and hit on all cylinders to really impress me (if Smallville hits it out of the park and is followed by a great episode of Fringe I'm hyper as Hell and I'm good until 4:00 a.m with the help of some Pepsi Maxx)....can't really put my finger on it but last night's episode left me wanting something a little stronger...and now that I think about it the "rushed" elements and the "thrown together" aspects seemed for me at least to be tied to the involvement of Lois in the story....she could have been left out of this one completely and this would have played out just as good if not better with just Connor, Clark, Tess, and Lionel....the whole crush thing...Lois investigating Lionel's past and getting caught..and her getting roughed by Luthor thugs and later by Connor....yeah...those were the parts that almost put me to sleep.

And FINALLY a worthwhile DarkSeid story plot.

Thankfully Fringe wasn't on last night and I crashed by 9:30 (now trying to make up for the 6 hours I lost last night today...I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 8 2011, 05:43 AM
Post #288

Advanced Member

Check out this short promo teaser with John Williams Superman theme music:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles...-for-smallville

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 9 2011, 07:55 AM
Post #289

That reminds of something an ex-girlfriend once told me.

Well....that was an interesting 17 seconds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 15 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #290

Advanced Member

Brand new episode of Smallville tonight!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 16 2011, 06:49 AM
Post #291

Yep! Smallville returned last night with a great episode! Hard to believe there is just four more episodes left in this series.

Loved last night's show...with the clock winding down this was a story this was a high quality story that needed to be told. I think it was awesome seeing Jonathon Kent one more time and was hoping he would follow Clark to the "real" Earth like Lionel had already done before ....but the open ended conclusion with him going to see Martha was nice as was the other open ended conclusion with the "Ultra-Man" version of Clark possibly seeking redemption with the aid of Jor-El.

And ....WOW!

Tess looked SUPER-Hot in that purple dress.....I was also glad to see the romance angle between her and "Clark" one more time before the show comes to a close.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 16 2011, 07:03 AM
Post #292

Advanced Member

Now see, while I enjoyed the episode for all the reasons you mentioned, I was a little disappointed that with so few episodes left that they would toss an episode in that didn't further the main plot/threat. I do think it was necessary to establish the move to Metropolis and to allow Clark to finally let go (though it's hard to imagine Superman without the Kent farm). But I still think it was an odd place to put a done in one kind of episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 16 2011, 07:21 AM
Post #293

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

Next episode looks to be interesting... :D Oh and, yeah Tess in that dress was some nice eye candy.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 22 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #294

Advanced Member

Tonight is the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle episode. Also, apparently it's the episode where the glasses are suggested for a secret identity according to the write-up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 22 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #295

Also, apparently it's the episode where the glasses are suggested for a secret identity according to the write-up.

At least something good might come from tonight's episode...........

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 22 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #296

Advanced Member

Yeah, sadly I can't watch it. Storms in the area have had weather reports for the duration thus far. I hope I can find it somewhere or they replay it later in the night or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 22 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #297

Half way through it...you're not missing much. Can barely stay awake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 22 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #298

Advanced Member

Stay awake for Fringe! lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 22 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #299

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

I liked this one. The best line had to be: "Who want's to be the star of the show?" "just kidding, I'm the star."

+Quote Post
doombug
post Apr 22 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #300

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

Did they have skeets?

Guess I'll find out when it goes live later tonight. and I can actually watch it. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 09:08 AM