Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Podcast, comic couch episode 2
Kris_Carter
post Jun 11 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,596

Hey everybody, come by and listen to a new podcast. I am one of the hosts of the show. Every week we get together and have nerd conversations at the local comic book shop. The conversation usually revolves around whatever books have been released this week. So if you haven't read your books, SPOILERS AHEAD.

Come by and listen and let us know what you think.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Jun 11 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Very cool! I just grabbed MP3 copies of the first two shows. I'll toss them into my iPod and give them a listen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jun 11 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ChuckMoore @ Jun 11 2008, 02:37 PM) *
Very cool! I just grabbed MP3 copies of the first two shows. I'll toss them into my iPod and give them a listen.

Cool I would love to hear what you think, sorry about my potty mouth:) I am going down to the comic shop to record episode 3 right now, look for it @7:00pm tonight.

~Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jun 11 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Episode 3 just went live, warning though, SPOILERS!!! Please go read this weeks books, I certainly don't want to ruin anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jun 18 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Episode 4 just went up, let me know what you guys think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jun 25 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Kris_Carter @ Jun 18 2008, 09:11 PM) *
Episode 4 just went up, let me know what you guys think!

Episode 5 just went up. Let me know what you guys think, next week we WILL be reading all of the emails and comments on the air.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jun 26 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,427

Kris, all of you guys have WAY TOO MUCH free time on your hands. laugh.gif Whoever it was that said comic fans are SICK of crossovers,
give the man a freakin' cigar!! Damn, but I miss the days when you could pick up a Marvel comic with a complete story, start, middle
and end...without having to buy a hundred other books for it to make sense.
I've had no desire to buy Marvel comics for years, and your rant on this Skull what-ever convinces me to keep staying away. But I will
keep listening to your Podcast so you can tell me (and the rest of the world) how it all turns out.

+Quote Post
Gordon_D
post Jun 30 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,467

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Jun 26 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Kris, all of you guys have WAY TOO MUCH free time on your hands. laugh.gif Whoever it was that said comic fans are SICK of crossovers, give the man a freakin' cigar!!

In all honesty, Ron, you'd need several hundred cases of cigars to cover that offer. cool.gif

I'll give the podcast a listen, but I agree - if I ever become a comics writer, any series I do - first year will be exclusively done-in-one issues. It's a craft that, sadly, is being lost...but I'd love to see it again.

--------------------
Tipping Sacred Cows since 2004 at http://www.blogthispal.com
More stuff can be found at http://www.gordondymowski.com

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jun 30 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Gordon_D @ Jun 30 2008, 02:58 PM) *
In all honesty, Ron, you'd need several hundred cases of cigars to cover that offer. cool.gif

I'll give the podcast a listen, but I agree - if I ever become a comics writer, any series I do - first year will be exclusively done-in-one issues. It's a craft that, sadly, is being lost...but I'd love to see it again.

I agree, but the inner fanboy in me still loves the big crossovers:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jun 30 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #10

Kris, I totally do know what your talking about. But back when I was a youngster (groan!!) the companies were smart enough to parcel
out cross-overs judiciously, so that they were special. What Gordon, me and lots and lots of today's fan feel is ENOUGH ALREADY!! They've made crossovers so common place, they've become really routine. That's a crime.

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jun 30 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Jun 30 2008, 06:40 PM) *
Kris, I totally do know what your talking about. But back when I was a youngster (groan!!) the companies were smart enough to parcel
out cross-overs judiciously, so that they were special. What Gordon, me and lots and lots of today's fan feel is ENOUGH ALREADY!! They've made crossovers so common place, they've become really routine. That's a crime.

The major comic book companies have taken the movie strategy of having to have that summer blockbuster to fund the smaller stuff throughout the year. As long as they sell as well as they do, we will keep on seeing them:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jul 2 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Episode 6 just went up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 5 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #13

Yo Kris, really got a bang out of this latest nerd-gathering (hey...that's what you called yourselves laugh.gif ) and I agree totally on the
quality of INVADERS - AVENGERS series. Both in story and art, this is one fun series. Will be sorry to see it end.
Ron

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jul 16 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Jul 5 2008, 01:06 PM) *
Yo Kris, really got a bang out of this latest nerd-gathering (hey...that's what you called yourselves laugh.gif ) and I agree totally on the
quality of INVADERS - AVENGERS series. Both in story and art, this is one fun series. Will be sorry to see it end.
Ron

Yeah Ron, we revel in our Nerdery:)
Episode 7 is up

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 17 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #15

Another fun session, although I still think you guys are having tech problems with the left side mike. Meaning, Kris, that you were the one
I had a hard time hearing here, while your amigos on the right side mike were coming across loud and clear.
And finally, per my private letter to you this morning, here's fingers crossed that in a few weeks you and your comic shop pals are discussing my Brother Bones one-shot. Oooooh...I can't wait. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jul 21 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Jul 17 2008, 03:05 PM) *
Another fun session, although I still think you guys are having tech problems with the left side mike. Meaning, Kris, that you were the one
I had a hard time hearing here, while your amigos on the right side mike were coming across loud and clear.
And finally, per my private letter to you this morning, here's fingers crossed that in a few weeks you and your comic shop pals are discussing my Brother Bones one-shot. Oooooh...I can't wait. tongue.gif

Ron, I talked to some of the other guys about reviewing your book and they seem excited about it, we will be ordering it this wednesday. We will do a written review for the weekly newsletter as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 21 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #17

Thanks a bunch, Kris. Now I'm really psyched. I had mentioned this possibly happening to artist John Polacek and publisher/cover artist,
Rob Davis. Both, like me, really appreciate you guys doing this. I hope it starts something new and fun for you both your group and the
weekly podcast.

+Quote Post
Kris_Carter
post Jul 23 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Episode 8 is up!

Ron, we read a few of your posts and talk about ordering the book!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 24 2008, 07:38 AM
Post #19

Another fun hour, gang. Really, it's very cool to hear you guys go at it. As I'm going to be one of Larry's guests at the next show, I'll get
to see you amigos do this live. Looking forward to the experience. And up front, thanks for picking up our book, BROTHER BONES and
reviewing it. All of us involved with the book, cover artist Rob Davis and artist John Polacek are really grateful. Here's hoping we entertain you, regardless of your critiques.

+Quote Post
mindbeside
post Jul 24 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Ron Fortier @ Jul 24 2008, 09:38 AM) *
Another fun hour, gang. Really, it's very cool to hear you guys go at it. As I'm going to be one of Larry's guests at the next show, I'll get
to see you amigos do this live. Looking forward to the experience. And up front, thanks for picking up our book, BROTHER BONES and
reviewing it. All of us involved with the book, cover artist Rob Davis and artist John Polacek are really grateful. Here's hoping we entertain you, regardless of your critiques.

Hi Ron, Jarrod Courtemanche of the Comic Couch and Mindbeside studios here. Looking forward to saying hello at the convention. I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast. It's a lot of fun to do. Are the other creators going to be there too?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:26 AM