Fringe
Gonzogoose
post Apr 7 2012, 07:06 AM
Post #381

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Apr 7 2012, 09:03 AM) *
And did you notice how they did NOT finish the scene with bogus Broyles and his Astrid? It looked like she was on to him...and they just cut the scene short. Is she one of them too???

I thought that at first, but afterward I think she was just bringing him the news that Captain Lee had died.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 7 2012, 07:06 AM
Post #382

Member No.: 2,660

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Apr 7 2012, 09:03 AM) *
And don't forget, Brant, we've just added as yet another element to the game, a GOOD SHAPESHIFTER. I'm going to be curious as to how he is going to help the good guys.
And did you notice how they did NOT finish the scene with bogus Broyles and his Astrid? It looked like she was on to him...and they just cut the scene short. Is she one of them too???

It looked that way at first...but she said she had something to report.......which was Lincoln's death. The good shape shifter is needed to spice events on the other side....too many grazing days other there recently.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Apr 7 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #383

Member No.: 1,427

All true...and I was so happy to see the cow get some air time, she's been missing too long now. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 13 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #384

It felt very good to get two well done episodes of Fringe two weeks in a row. For me it's felt like a long time since this happened. Although I don't think this episode was as strong as last week's, it was still very good (over-looking the fact that Peter and Liv on our side were nothing more than sock puppets this episode and Walter's ....."what about Broyles" line of questioning came out far too easy......I think Astirid would be the number one suspect on any list of possible moles)

But-let the knit picking stop right there!

This one was a slow pressure cooker with the intensity level coming to a boil at a well paced manner. (Got to admit any boss that would fire an employee in a conference full of other employees deserves to be dropped from a plane)

The whole thing with Broyles was very good.....and I loved the fact this episode allowed for a spotlight on that character and the actor that plays Phillip Broyles.....loved Liv's bluff with Nina.....and Ron-NO SHERLOCK HOLMES ON THE OTHER SIDE!!??? What do you think about that???

Finally...altohugh I did enjoy tonight's show...I'm still confused about the Broyles on the other side...when the two universes were altered.....was this Broyles (who died freeing our Liv from Liberty Island).....brought back to life somehow?

Or is this Broyles a replicate...that perhaps replaced the real Broyles after his death? And has since gotten attached to Broyles' family...we've seen that happen before....and I "thought" we saw hints and clues in recent episodes that this Broyles was not just a "mole" but a replicate.

I could have been wrong.

A little confused about that aspect.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 13 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #385

Advanced Member

See, I thought he was a replicate as well... until tonight. Tonight I thought it was pretty clear he was just trapped into helping Jones to save his son. So I would guess that the anomaly that changed the universes from Peter's original disappearance did bring the real Col. Broyles back.

I thought it was another solid episode. I agree that it wasn't quite as good as last week's, and Peter and Liv were more or less inconsequential on this episode, but again, it's the beauty of the show's current status that it can take a break and head over to the other side for an arc to give us a change of pace. For me, that always keeps the show fresh.

No Sherlock Holmes, no coffee, no black boxes... it's a mad, mad world. heh

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Apr 14 2012, 07:42 AM
Post #386

AGHHHHHH!!!! That's a cry of anguish as our recording the weekly ZONE 4 show last night instead of our usual Sat. night forced me to miss this episode. Thank God it's featured with cable's On Demand. Will catch it later this weekend for sure.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Apr 15 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #387

Just watched Friday's episode...wow. Great show, and I loved Walter's becoming the Faux Olivia's friend and doing the Sherlock Holmes logic thing, though they have no Holmes on their side. Hmm, they have airships but no Holmes. Only goes to show there's no perfect world, even on TV.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 20 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #388

Advanced Member

Ok, so that was interesting... so we see the future, we meet Peter and Olivia's daughter, and yet there's no resolution and next week they're jumping back to the present story line.

I'm guessing this is how they plan to end the season, wrapping up both stories and intertwining them somehow. Just seems an odd way to go about it.

That said, I really did enjoy this episode. It was really cool seeing two very different sides of Walter, and neither of which are the main one we know. Yet it is the same Walter. We see him with the deteriorated brain cells and really playing the part of a childlike being exceptionally well. Then we see shades of Walter before he cut out his brain cells to begin with. Brilliant John Noble acting as well.

And was that Desmond from LOST playing Simon? He and Etta were great, and it was fun seeing Broyles in a somewhat subservient and possibly self-loathing role here.

All in all, a good alternate timeline story, but the absence of a resolution with no promise of one anytime soon left me feeling a little shorted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 20 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #389

When I saw the preview of this episode last week I thought it looked.....like a potential let down and the end of my recent ability to enjoy this series again. I couldn't have been more wrong.

I loved this episode...my only problem with it being it does seem to oddly placed in the storyline, especially with the end of this season...and possibly the entire series just weeks away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Apr 21 2012, 07:35 AM
Post #390

FRINGE ROCKED!!!!!! Shades of Brave New World & Orwell's 1984. Now THAT was science fiction!! And the second that young lady appeared on camera, I knew who she was. Bravo for casting to bring back a former LOST alumni to play the courageous Dr. Foster. Walter's got his brain pieces back. Wow.
And that ending.

Damn, this is the season my wife couldn't stay away, and now watches regularly with me. She truly thought it was an amazing episode and if its just a tease for next season, then cool, cause CR amigos, they've got me hooked!! Bring on SEASON FIVE!!!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 27 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #391

That was a great episode of Fringe! It's nice to see all the various elements in the series pulled together into one plot line, and I really like this whole "tuning universes" thing......very nice.

Hard to believe only TWO more episodes left in this season. Who knows what happnes after that.

You know I just realized that the guy that plays David Robert Jones is the same guy that played "M" in Sherlock Holmes : Game Of The Shadows.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 27 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #392

Advanced Member

Still haven't seen that film, actually forgot about it! Adding it to the list...

As for this episode, yeah, it was a great episode. I'm as sad as our main characters were in seeing the alternates go, but if this is the last season, or if it goes one more, it'll be nice to wrap things up with the status quo more or less back in place, kind of bringing it full circle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 29 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #393

Advanced Member

Well, it's official. Fringe is returning for season 5, but... it's only going to be half a season:

http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/new...nd-final-season

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 29 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #394

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Apr 28 2012, 01:00 AM) *
Still haven't seen that film, actually forgot about it! Adding it to the list...

As for this episode, yeah, it was a great episode. I'm as sad as our main characters were in seeing the alternates go, but if this is the last season, or if it goes one more, it'll be nice to wrap things up with the status quo more or less back in place, kind of bringing it full circle.

The interesting thing here is they got rid of half the cast but didn't have to get rid of any of the actors....well except the guy that plays Lincoln.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 29 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #395

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Apr 29 2012, 08:14 AM) *
Well, it's official. Fringe is returning for season 5, but... it's only going to be half a season:

http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/new...nd-final-season

Guess I might as go all the way and watch these last 13 episodes.....seems a waste of time and effort to not do so. Besides the last few episodes have held up to the standard I've come to expect from the series, so I can't really see a down side to any of this.

Better than a premature ending which is what all the fans have been concerned about for quite some time now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Apr 29 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #396

Advanced Member

QUOTE (G-Man @ Apr 29 2012, 02:21 PM) *
Guess I might as go all the way and watch these last 13 episodes.....seems a waste of time and effort to not do so. Besides the last few episodes have held up to the standard I've come to expect from the series, so I can't really see a down side to any of this.

Better than a premature ending which is what all the fans have been concerned about for quite some time now.

Exactly. Now they know exactly when it's going to end, and they can lead up to that logically as opposed to having to do an injustice to the series. I'm looking forward to it - I'm very curious how they plan to finally wrap things up.

And, Bill, I think this calls for another Fringe episode of Zone 4 in a few weeks! smile.gif

Also, for everyone, I posted a blog on CR about this as well: http://comicrelated.com/news/16004/fringe-renewed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Decapitated_Dan
post May 2 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #397

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,983

After FINALLY catching up on most of the episodes, since I only had 10 waiting on the DVR, now down to 2. I have to say that this season has gotten much better!

I hate that Lt. Lee died, he was SOOOOO much more interesting than Agent Lee is. I want to punch that pansy in the face every time I see him.

I was kind of let down with September though. I thought the Watchers would have been more than that. Something BIG, but finding out what they really were just got a meh from me. But it did confirm the OBVIOUS, that Peter was home all along.

Still got 2 to go to catch up, just sharing since I have been missing for so long. And to think we almost deleted them all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post May 2 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #398

Dan, often times a show being TOO good raises our expectations more than they can live up to every single week. This season was hit or miss for sure, but I tend to forgive the only-so-good episodes thanks to the great ones. And I'm thrilled to know we are going to get a true, worked out finale in just 13 weeks when it returns. Funny that they call that half a season, when Justified (on FX) is only 13 episodes per season and they manage to tell great stories every year.

+Quote Post
Decapitated_Dan
post May 2 2012, 02:38 PM
Post #399

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,983

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ May 2 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Funny that they call that half a season, when Justified (on FX) is only 13 episodes per season and they manage to tell great stories every year.

Your right, we need a Justified thread. How about the way Quarels went out! That was awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post May 2 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #400

Advanced Member

Well, yeah, Ron. Even most British shows have like 6-10 episodes per season (or series as they call them). For me that's a little bit too condensed, but as we have seen, when a show lasts for many years, those full seasons as we know them of 24-28 episodes are a slow build and often leave us with throwaways here and there (Smallville, anyone?).

That said, I prefer the longer, more typical seasons of network TV only because it gives us even more of the shows we love! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 07:39 AM