22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fringe
G-Man
post Oct 14 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Every episode of this series has been better than the one before, but after last week's show...I was curious how long this trend could continue. How could they make a show better than last week's?

Tonight I got the answer to that question. The streak is over. Tonight's show back peddled to large degree, but that's okay. You can't knock them all out of the park. (Unless you're the Boston Red Sox, right?)

At the same time it was difficult at times to sit through the whole "Electro-Man" story....even before the pigeons.

But this episode did have some good qualities. Thankfully enough to justify burning 60 minutes. The first few minutes that lead up to the elevator scene was pretty good. Especially liked the cameo appearance of the "Observer" stepping out of the elevator just as "Electro-Man" (also known as whiny, loser guy)was stepping in.

Walter Bishop was good...as usuaul....highlights were the necklace scene in the elevator after the crash and the "wool socks" scene.

The strongest part of tonight's show was the John and Olivia storyline. It appeared they wanted to keep this plotline in the background, attempting to wrap the other story around it, but the back ground story ends up stealing the show as far as I'm concerned.

Nice double reveal at the end.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 15 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,427

Having missed that Super awesome episode you described here, G-Man, I found myself just happy to be back watching the show I've come
to enjoy so much. Of course since it plays off continuity and they dropped comments about the son being tortured, I'm really anxious to
see this in reruns. Whereas Bishop and his use of the pigeons was a hoot and I loved it. Also thought his exchange with Olivia at the end,
wanting to ease her anxiety about seeing her dead lover was touching. That whole ghost thing could have spun way out of control, but
they held it in check and I too thought it worked amazingly well. Will be curious to see where they take it.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 21 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #23

Irises
Onion Soup
Hairless Rats
Blue Cotton Candy
Red Toothbrushes
Birthday Cards
Inside Trading

All add up to yet another incredible episode of Fringe.

If you want more info about this show...or if you missed an episode...get caught up on all things Fringe right here.

www.fox.com/fringe/fringe/bios

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 21 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #24

The bad news...no new episode for three whole weeks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 11 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #25

After a couple weeks off...Fringe returned with a new episode tonight....and the Vista Cruiser was also sghted as well.

This show is always thought provoking....and laced with dark humor most times thanks to Walter Bishop. Tonight's show started out with a scene I just couldn't bear to watch......and the last scene drives home how twisted some of these charcters on the show really are.

In between those two book ends....excellent characterization and an intellectual storyline as usual....a nice heart to heart chat with Browles and Peter Bishop. Browles also actually gives Liv....a compliment. Now I'm really freaked out.

Not as freaked out as Peter when he learns how far his dad went to "collect data" in the past.

A new mystery "takes root" at Little Hill....some light is finally shown on the mystery of....Jimmy Hoffa..yeah that's right. And next week...we go Ghost Hunting!

Good stuff. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 12 2008, 05:18 AM
Post #26

Amen, G-Man. I haven't had this much fun with a show since LOST premiered four years ago. The cast is excellent and with each new episode add layer upon layer to their respective characters. I also like the fact that, through obvious film chicanery, the stories are global
and have our lead hop back and forth to Germany seemed to add gravitas. Thumbs way way up for FRINGE.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Nov 12 2008, 06:05 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

I too am really enjoying this series. I had caught the first two or three episodes, then caught up on the rest online, and then watched last night's as well. Love this show. It's quirky, intelligent and loads of fun. And the mystery element added to it makes it that much more entertaining.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derrick
post Nov 12 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,804

I'm loving FRINGE to death. It's way better than "The X-Files" which I was never a fan of anyway. There's so much to enjoy in this show but the best thing is Dr. Walter Bishop. When was the last time we've seen an honest-to-Hans Zarkov mad scientist?

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 18 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #29

Talk about being hypnotized.....I can't get enough of Fringe.....and what's weird....if you look close enough you can red and green flashes in the corner of the t.v set when the show is on. I think that's why the let you know exactly how long the commercial breaks are.

If you're not back on the couch before the show comes back...they start taking away everything you like...which for many of us...would be Fringe.....then Comic Related!!!!! Then Bea Arthur. huh.gif

I lost track of all the things I liked about tonight's episode....Superman's cameo. Musical notes as mathematical equations, (Ben did look like a very young Sebastian Bach....rocking lead singer from Skid Row...not the actual composer), Walter ...back in the asylum, row, row, row your boat, hello me meet the real me, Peter Bishop, Liv throwing down and kiicking butt,a new way to mass produce apples, preview of next week's show.

I can't pick.

D.) All The Above

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 19 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #30

You got it. Last night show was just the same high level of quality drama we've now all come to expect. Seeing Walter back in the institution was hard to take, but it led to that wonderful moment with his son at the finale. I really how this relationship has become one of
mutual trust. Whereas the mystery was a b*tch and I was not sorry in the least to see her end. Dunham should have taken her down completely.

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Nov 21 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #31

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well my friends, viva la revolution! I watched the season premiere this evening. I know, I know... I'm way behind, but they're all there in the Tivo to watch. Katie and I both throughly enjoyed it and we're about to jump back in for episode two in just a few minutes. We'll probably end up devouring one or two each night until were caught up. I look forward to chatting about it in earnest soon.

Love the cow...

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Nov 22 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #32

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Okay, we ended up watching the premiere and two episodes into the season last night. After four hours of Fringe, I can safely say I'm hooked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 22 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #33

Don't forget to let me know if you thought it was a duck or a rabbit!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 25 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #34

Man o' Man!!!!! Another sweeeeeeetttt episode of Fringe! I can't wait till the first season of this show comes out on d.v.d so I can watch these things back to back and see how much stuff I missed the first time through!

I'm just now noticing that those "random" images they show right before the commericials..the apple...the leaf..the frog (or toad I guess) and the butterfly is all starting to take a part in the ongoing story!!!!!

And when Liv's "informant" got terrified when the person walked into the hospital room I was hoping he was seeing exactly what he was seeing. That was awesome.

As was Mr.Scott's reaction in the restruant when Liv told him somebody had murdered Mr. Young.

And that eerie message on her computer.....excellent. All that plus the mystery of Nina Sharp.....and Peter's past starting to come back to haunt him.....a very full 59 minutes of television....brought to you with limited interuptions!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 26 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #35

You know G-Man, I truly am having so much fun watching this show. But last night they once again did something that really irked me to no end, in that they completely dumbed down Olvia in the last ten minutes. Consider, if you will. She has captured one of the so called conspirators, he is in a hospital room and tells her he has all the answers she wants about Massive Dynamics, the Pattern, everything, if she will give him protection. Now considering that nearly every one else who has ever been involved with any of this has died before being able to talk, a "real" Olivia Dunham would have immediately called her superiors, without leaving the man's bed side, gotten FBI agents there on the double and immediately moved the fellow out of that hospital and to a secret, secure locale.
Is that what she does upon hearing his offer?
Nope! She actually leaves him alone..oh, right, with a couple of police officer guards outside his door. As if that would stop any real threat! Duh.
She goes running off to confront the chief villains aide only to head butt, achieving zero. Then while she's gone on this fool's errand, her chief witness is murdered. Surprise, surprise!!
G-Man, I know you saw that coming a mile away, as did all of us. Which is not a good thing. That was simply bad writing and I don't like it. Not for a show like this.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 26 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #36

I agree that Olivia would have secured the witness in a much safer manner....but I also think that Nina Sharp had nothing to do with his death...although she knew he was going to get killed.

Any body could have slipped that guy the poison as well...even the medics that delivered him or the nurses in the E.R...and once it kicked in nobody would have been able to save him.

Plus...MAYBE Liv was still a little out of sorts from all the drugs and being in the "Tank".

Just trying to play Devil's Advocate here..but one thing is true...writing standards on a show like this has to stay sharp...no back pedalling allowed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 2 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #37

Well that's it for Fringe until January...it's mid-season finale time tonight. This was another of those episodes that just had me from the very first minutes of the show.

Breaking the laws of man is one thing...but breaking the laws of Physics.....that's a whole other matter.

Walter's revelation that not only was the save deposit boxes that were getting stolen his...but when he remembered what was in them...and why he built those devices in the first place.

Brilliant!!!!!

And Liv's memory problems.....can't wait until January to see how all this comes down to the wire.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Dec 3 2008, 06:43 AM
Post #38

Oh, this one was a major hit with me as well, G-Man. By the time the show was done, I was like stunned. The bit with Dunham visiting the guy's widow and arguing about having met her before, I immediately realized was all about John Scott's memories taking over her mind.
This was a terrific cliff-hanger to what is still my favorite new show of the season (and second best TV after LOST). J.J. Abrams is my hero for sure.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Dec 17 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

You guys seen this?

http://www.fox.com/fringe/fringemas/

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 14 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Our own Russell Burlingame posted an entry on the Newsarama Blog yesterday about Fringe and some other Fox shows. Check it out here:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/01/13/fox-e...ge-is-a-keeper/

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 11:42 PM