Reply to this topicStart new topic
Availability for :THE CITADEL OF FEAR
Henry Lopez
post Sep 19 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,786

Hello,

I was going to buy the second Capatin Hazzard adventure (CAPTAIN HAZZARD - THE CITADEL OF FEAR) and found it was not for sale on your online store, on LuLu nor on Amazon. Is the book out of print? Or are there any plans to place it for sale on your online store?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Henry Lopez
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 20 2008, 06:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,427

Hi Henry, and hang in there, please. The book is currently out of print, but we are working as fast as we can to get it back out there.
All three of our first Captain Hazzard's sold out months ago from our old publisher, Wild Cat Books. Then they dropped them from their catalogs at the end of 2007. So my partner and I immediately set about making plans to get them reprinted via our new publisher, Cornerstone Books. We reprinted the third novel immediately, CURSE OF THE RED MAGGOT, as it required no major changes. Whereas we have commissioned artist Mark Maddox to do new covers for both #1 and # 2. Once those covers are done, we'll be getting both books back in print as fast as we can.
I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience, and want to thank you for your support of Airship 27 Prod. Means a lot to us. So again, again hang in
there and as soon as THE CITADEL OF FEAR is available, I'll be posting that fact right here.

Meanwhile, I'd happily suggest you look at our newest release, GHOST SQUAD. It's the first in a new series, and one we had a ball writing.
Thanks again, Ron.

+Quote Post
Henry Lopez
post Sep 20 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Hello Ron,

Thank you for the quick response. It's appreciated!

Congratulations on the books selling out! I'll wait patiently until the new edition is available.

BTW, I moved to Concord, NH last year to attend Law School. Is that anywhere near Somerville?

If so, let me know and I'll buy you lunch sometime.

Best,

Henry Lopez
President
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 20 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #4

Welcome to New Hampshire, Henry and best of luck in Law School. Somersworth (you were close, amigo...although there is a Somerville in
neighboring Massachusetts) is approximately a two hour drive from Concord. I rarely get up that way, but here's one for your calendar.
There is going to be a really fun one day comic show in Porstmouth, NH, on the 16th of Nov. I'll be one of the guest, so if you have an opportunity to drive on down to coast, would love to meet you (and maybe sell you some pulps...ha) there.

+Quote Post
Henry Lopez
post Sep 20 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Hello Ron,

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Sep 20 2008, 03:23 PM) *
There is going to be a really fun one day comic show in Porstmouth, NH, on the 16th of Nov. I'll be one of the guest, so if you have an opportunity to drive on down to coast, would love to meet you (and maybe sell you some pulps...ha) there.

Excellent! I'll definitely keep that day open as I love to go to Cons. Will you make an announcement with address and such?

Best,

Henry Lopez
President
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 20 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #6

I most certainly will do that. A few weeks before the show, I'll post the details here and at my website (www.Airship27.com). So
look for that towards the end of October.
Ron

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 22 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #7

Henry, I sent you a private message on this board. Let me know if you receive it. Rob Davis has one copy of CITADEL OF FEAR remaining
and is willing to sell it to you, autographed.

+Quote Post
Hag-gar
post Oct 9 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,602

Did you see what some folks are trying to charge for CAPTAIN HAZZARD - THE CITADEL OF FEAR? I think I will wait till Ron reprints it! wink.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/143...2360&sr=1-2

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 9 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #9

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Hag-gar, that's just plain nuts!! Who in their right minds would spend over $240 on a little known pulp by the two us? Especially when a $20 reprint is maybe six months away. NUTS!! Thanks for letting me on this, best laugh I've had all day.

+Quote Post
Hag-gar
post Oct 9 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,602

Glad to help out! It makes the prices on Python Men look like a real bargain!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/141...5722&sr=8-6

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 9 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #11

Oh yeah, like $62 is cheap. Hahahaha. Just to let you know, I just now went to my Amazon blog and posted a loud cry to all our readers
that we are doing those reprints and to please have a little patience and save their hard earn pennies. Of course because some folks charge those insane prices doesn't mean anyone has actually bought them. Unless Bill Gates is a closet pulp fan, ha.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 4 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #12

On a whim I went back to check on the price of CAPTAIN HAZZARD #2 CITADEL OF FEAR and the 3 copies remaining available from
Amazon go from $99 to $252. Obviously still climbing. Of course no one is buying them, which says a lot for common sense. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Mar 4 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #13

Well if you are following the CR headlines this morning, you know that we have finally released our new edition of
CAPTAIN HAZZARD # 2 CITADEL OF FEAR with a great new cover by Laura Givens. This is the book many of you have been clamoring for us to get back into print and at long last its here. At a fair and decent price as always. Now those of you wanting to complete your Hazzard collections can do so without going into hock. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Mar 4 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,660

Here's the amazing cover to the book that Ron's talking about!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Mar 4 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #15

Thanks for getting that up, Bill. Laura Givens did a bang up job with that cover. Hopefully those Captain Hazzard fans are going to be thrilled to be able to pick up this long out-of-print title.

+Quote Post
prnied
post Mar 6 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 19,165

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Mar 4 2010, 11:06 AM) *
Well if you are following the CR headlines this morning, you know that we have finally released our new edition of
CAPTAIN HAZZARD # 2 CITADEL OF FEAR with a great new cover by Laura Givens. This is the book many of you have been clamoring for us to get back into print and at long last its here. At a fair and decent price as always. Now those of you wanting to complete your Hazzard collections can do so without going into hock. biggrin.gif

As soon as I saw this last night, I ordered all 4 books! I've been waiting for this last book, so now I'll start reading your series. Thanks much! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Mar 6 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #17

WOW! Thank you so very, very much. I'm speechless here. biggrin.gif THANKS AGAIN!!!!

+Quote Post
Monsterhunter
post Jul 27 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 20,450

Hi! Been enjoying the Airship 27 books from the digital download store. (I love reading them on my iPad!)

Quick question about the Captain Hazzard books. I already have the first one, but when I went to buy the other three in PDF format, none were available. Will these be made available through your download store in the future or do I need to go old school and buy hard copies? wink.gif Thanks so much.

This post has been edited by Monsterhunter: Jul 27 2012, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 27 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #19

Sit tight, Monsterhunter. Our contract with our old publisher expired and we will be publishing new editions in the very near future. Which requires our getting new ISBN numbers for the Airship 27 editions. Once we have those, the new editions will be re-posted as PDFs on our website as well.
Do yourself a favor and sign up on the site for our newsletter to be notified when those editions are back up.
And please, if you liked PYTHON MEN OF THE LOST CITY, how about writing a review on the site. Note, we are also in the process of having an audio book of PYTHON MEN recording and hope to have it on sale later this Fall.
Thanks again for the kind words and support.
Ron

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 04:19 AM