Reply to this topicStart new topic
20 Questions with Dan Didio
Glen Davis
post Oct 31 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,419

One of the great things about the comics field, is that it is the only medium with so much fan interaction at all levels. I give both Didio and Joe Q a lot of credit for having the guts to be interviewed like this. Presidents of movie studios, TV networks, recording companies and publishing houses don't do anything like this. Heck, I wish our poiticians were somehow required by law to answer 20 questions online from constituents every two weeks.

That being said, I don't believe everything that Didio and Qesada say, but at least they have the cojones to face up to their customers.

http://www.newarama.com/comics/100829-Dan-...-Questions.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen Davis
post Nov 13 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

New questions:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110812-Didio2.html

+Quote Post
Glen Davis
post Dec 10 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Newest edition:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120810-Didio-20.html

+Quote Post
Glen Davis
post Jan 8 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Jan. 8 edition:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010908-Dan20.html

Seems rather less informative that the last two editions.

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Jan 10 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #5

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

One thing that is really interesting in this one is the mention of the Doom Patrol returning in '09!

DD: You got it – Doom Patrol’s coming back.

Where? When? How? What?

DD: All of those can be answered in a question session later. [laughs] But it will be back in 2009.

Word I'm hearing is the Keith Giffen may be associated with the project. My fingers are crossed. I think that could be a really interesting pairing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 10 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,427

Ah, spare me, Chuck, please. Trouble with being an old DC reader, my memories of this group of B-planers is how much fun the books
were..and they were presented seriously. Don't get me wrong, but Giffen is not known for his "serious" take on things. Ala his trashing of
the JLA years ago. Sorry, but every comic title in the world does not have to be a joke. I loved the "old" Doom Patrol and would love to see them return. But to their former glory, not as a slapstick comedy routine. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
ScottDMSimmons
post Jan 10 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,810

YAY! Doom Patrol is coming back.

(...wish I was drawing it...)

I have been a fan of Doom Patrol since college and I had picked up one of Grant Morrison's issues as it was released, and fell in love with the book, and my favorites Cliff Steele and Crazy Jane. I have managed to get almost all of the modern age books over the years, with the exception of a few from John Byrne's run. I am also collecting the Doom Patrol Archives, featuring the classic work of Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani!

I had a drawing of mine featuring Cliff published in the San Diego program years back. In recent years, I sent Mr. Drake a drawing when he was in the hospital, and was unsure he saw it before he died, but it was a thank you to him for creating the original characters, heroes and villains. And in an upcoming Toy Related article, I will be showing my custom Nak Nak figures, where I have made some Doom Patrol characters (since DC Direct has yet to release any DP-related characters other than Gar, Mattel came close but had to cancel the DP addition into the Teen Titans line). I may be making some more soon.

I hope that not only the series come back, but maybe this might also mean that finally we may see AT LEAST a Cliff Steele action figure. (Although a friend and I thought Mattel could do a wave of the DC Universe Classics, using all DP members, and you build Elasti-Girl). It was also fun seeing them in cartoon form on Teen Titans, and a very brief little cameo in the New Frontier DVD... but I am also hoping to hear of some (any) progress on the Doom Patrol movie. (which I will no matter what, try to get on as an extra or something... I'll find it, I'll fly, I'll use vacation days, haha)

Scott

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScottDMSimmons
post Jan 10 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,810

A look at what almost was, with Bandai back in 2006:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Glen Davis
post Jan 10 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

While many (oh, so many) people absolutely HATED Byrne's run, I liked it.

I thought it was fun.

+Quote Post
John Wilson
post Jan 10 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,659

There is nothing Bwa ha ha about the Doom Patrol. Let's hope Giffen doesn't make a mess of them.

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Jan 10 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #11

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Jan 10 2009, 12:48 PM) *
I loved the "old" Doom Patrol and would love to see them return. But to their former glory, not as a slapstick comedy routine. rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The rumors hold that this isn't another DeManttis style approach. As I understand it, the treatment would have a more serious tone. Think Giffen... 10 Year Later Legion, not Justice League.

Also, put a heavy emphasis on "rumor" here. This one is very second hand...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 10 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Let's also keep in mind that Giffen, if I remember correctly, had a big hand in 52, which was not slapstick either.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 04:12 AM