Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Rhoadey Hit The Road
G-Man
post Nov 3 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Levi sent this. Originally posted on the IGN.website.

Iron Man 2: Howard's End
Why was Rhodey recast for the sequel?
by Jim Vejvoda
November 3, 2008 - Fans have been wondering why Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle in the role of Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes in Iron Man 2. A new report claims to shed light on what happened behind the scenes that led to the casting switch.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Howard was reportedly "difficult" on the set of Iron Man and, as the first actor officially signed for the film, reportedly got paid the most, even more than star Robert Downey Jr. Furthermore, EW claims, director Jon Favreau "and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes."

The magazine goes on to say that "when Favreau and screenwriter Justin Theroux went to map out the sequel they found themselves minimizing Howard's story line. Once Marvel learned that Favreau was thinking of curtailing the role, the studio went to the actor's agents with a new and drastically reduced offer — a number that's similar to what supporting cast members were paid for the first movie."

Needless to say, neither side could agree on a deal at such a reduced rate and Cheadle was

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quato
post Nov 30 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,746

Somehow I think they just wanted a bigger name for the role. Don Cheadle has been getting some lead roles in movies and Marvel appears to like actors with a high profile.

Q

--------------------
Tossing out opinions online since 1997
My Board: http://defiant1.proboards27.com/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:03 PM