Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
We're Back in 2009
Ron Fortier
post Jan 1 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,427

Howdy CR family and a big old HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you reading these words. We flew home last night after two weeks in Colorado and it was awesome to crawl into our own, comfy bed last night just prior to the strike of midnight. Had a great time with our son and his family, it was one of our best Christmas ever. Got to visit a brand new comic book shop and met the super talented Nick Runge, cover artist for IDW. He lives in Ft.Collins and we met twice while we were out there, what a truly nice young man. Keep an eye out for this kid, he's going big places in the comic world.

Okay, we're back, my amigos, and looking for bigger and better things in 2009. First of which is the big trip to New York at the start of Feb. to hook up with Chuck, Katie and the G-Man at the Comic Con, and the rest of the traveling CR family. Expect to see lots of pictures. Ha. This is going is one trip I am so looking forward to.
Anyways, glad to be home and truly hope all of you had a fantastic holiday and that Santa brought you a ton of new toys. Now its back to work
creating amazing new pulps and comics. Yahoo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jan 1 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,836

Welcome home, Ron! I'm glad your trip was so good.

I'm looking forward to the New York Con too. Do you know what day the Pulps Panel will be happening?

+Quote Post
Larry N Young
post Jan 1 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,580

Welcome back Ron and I'm glad you had fun with your family.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 1 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #4

Thanks Aaron and Larry, for the kind welcome. A sincere Happy New Years to both of you and your families. Aaron, no one has yet to contact me regarding such a panel. Initially way back when, Joe Gentile asked if I'd be attending the show and could he give the promoters
my name should such a panel occur. Which was the incentive for me to plan the tirp, but alas no one has officially contact me yet? I may
have to nudge a few folks. Ha. If anything new breaks, I'll be sure to let you know. Meanwhile, I'm still thrilled to be going, panel or no.

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jan 1 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Oh OK. Thanks for the update, Ron. Panel or not, I'll be there too.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 1 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,660

Welcome back Ron....glad you had such a great trip. I can't wait to see you in New York...I have a couple of things I'd like to have you sign.

Aaron...I'm glad you will be attending the New York show...I would love to meet you....and talk to you as well....Related Re-Cap style.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Jan 1 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #7

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oh yea!!!! I think a Ron / Bill interview for the show would be AWESOME. Can't wait to hear the conversation. What a great idea.ack

Welcome back Ron.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jan 1 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I look forward to meeting you as well, G-Man

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 1 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #9

Guys, you have to know this show is going to rock just because all of us are going to get to meet and hang together. I am so looking forward to meeting each and everyone one of you. Hopefully lots of you will bring your cameras along to record these fun times. G-Man,
will be only too happy to sign some things for you. And Aaron, we'll talk about your new book and future Airship 27 Prod. books we can wrangle you into. Ha. As for a Ron/G-Man interview...bring it on. Sounds like a blast to me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 1 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #10

I could talk for hours about a certain book....does the names Manny and Marya ring a bell? Get that sharpie fired up, Captain...you, Comic Legend,you.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jan 1 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

And Aaron, we'll talk about your new book and future Airship 27 Prod. books we can wrangle you into. Ha.

No "wrangling" required, Ron. It's been a blast working for you so far and I hope to do a lot more for Airship in the future.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 1 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #12

I didn't know you were working with Ron on a project...I actually had to do some investigating to see what project you were connected with.....sounds good.

15,000 words. Done. Two very impressive statements when put them back to back like that. I hope to have my project for the Captain done by the end of March. huh.gif

Have you and Ron ever met or will NYCC be the first time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 2 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #13

First time for us as well, G-Man. I have yet the pleasure of meeting most of the CR family. A few amigos are registered members, ala
Larry Young, Henry Lopes and Steve Hagar. But for the most part, the gang coming to New York are all new friends like yourself, Chuck
and Katie. Which is why I'm so excited. I truly love meeting new friends.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 2 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Glad you all had a great time, Ron.

I hope I get to meet you at a show someday. Which ones besides New York are you attending this year?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 2 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #15

Hi Brant,
Well, sadly things can change so quickly in life, as what happened today. Poor Bill suffered some severe plumbing problems in his home
and it is going to require immediate repair. The cost of which will negate his attending the New York Con after all. Chuck and I were both
truly saddened by this. I was personally eager to meet the G-Man for the very first time. Luckily, one of my pals, and another Airship 27 Prod. pulp writer, jumped in to save the day and has agreed to tag along and share the expenses of a room with me, so I'm still going.
After that I will be at the Windy city Paper & Pulp Con the first weekend in May, along with my Airship 27 Prod. partner, Rob Davis. This will be our third time at this show and we love it. Its a small show, but seems to be getting bigger with each passing year. All to the good.
There are a few others I'd really like to make, but for right now New York and Windy City are the only ones locked in.

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jan 2 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Bad news! Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it there, G-Man.

Ron, will you be there on all three days? I'll only be showing up for one day, as its hard enough to get a day off on the weekend in my business. I was thinking that Friday might be the least crowded of the three days. Would I be correct in that assumption, can anyone tell me from experience? (I haven't been to many large cons)

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 3 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #17

Yo Aaron, just the opposite is true. The show opens on Friday and believe me, there is no lack of attendance. Lines are usually stacked up outside waiting to get in. Of course Sat. is even more crammed, as people don't have to skip work or school (like on Friday..ha) to attend.
It has been my experience that the last day of any show is always the slowest, and in this case that will be Sunday. So as the man says,
choose your poison. Ha. If you do really want to avoid massive crowds, again, Sunday is your best bet. By mid-afternoon lots of vendors
are actually packing up to head home. As far as I know right now, we'll be showing up Thursday night and leaving Sunday night. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jan 3 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

OK, Ron. Thanks. Maybe I'll aim for the Sunday then. I'm not a big fan of huge crowds and I'm not looking to buy much while I'm there, so Sunday might be the best day to drop in and say hi.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 3 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #19

Awesome, Aaron. You just find the Comic Related booth and I'll either be right there, or someone there will no exactly where to find me.
Looking forward to meeting another Loyal Airman. wink.gif

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 3 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #20

As Ron has pointed out I won't be able to attend NYCC after all. One of the things that excited me the most about making the trip was meeting you two gentlemen.

And George Perez.

Well....what's done is done.....and I believe sooner or later our paths will still cross. I hope you guys have a great time and I hope to hear both of you on a segment of the Related Re-Cap!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:52 AM