Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where have you guys been?!, The story behind AV's hiatus
Steve Bryant
post Feb 14 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,551

You may have been wondering where Athena has been since the conclusion of our first mini-series, Flight of the Falcon, published by Ape Entertainment.

Long story short: I had a falling out with co-creator and series writer Paul Daly, which resulted in the dissolution of our partnership. Due to the sensitive nature of deciding how or if the adventures of Athena could continue, we chose not to make a public statement about the status of the serious until our disagreement was resolved.

Paul and I have resolved our issues amicably and I am now serving as both writer and artist for Athena Voltaire, while Paul has moved on to other properties.

As part of my agreement with Paul, he retains full rights to all of his unpublished Athena adventures. This includes the previously solicited mini-series The Legend of Mu-King, which has been canceled. It's a fun yarn and Paul may have plans to use it for his Terranauts series or for his own 1930s aviatrix character, Tasha O'Dare.

Where does that leave Athena Voltaire? After the release of the Flight of the Falcon trade paperback last Summer, we just followed it up with the $2 crossover Black Coat/Athena Voltaire One-Shot. After that, I'll be producing a 2-issue mini-series titled Athena Voltaire and the Volcano Goddess, written & drawn by me and slated for release at the end of 2008.

Why a one-shot and then such a short a mini-series? Simple. I want to earn back your confidence. With a long-delayed (and eventually canceled) mini-series and not a peep from me for many months, you deserve to know that my future releases will be complete stories. No more waiting around. No delays. No cancellations.

Thanks for your patience, your support and for coming along for the adventure!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Feb 14 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

Hey Steve, while I hate that you guys had a falling out, I'm glad it worked out. And more importantly, I'm glad there will be new Athena coming!

And welcome to Comic Related to you and everyone!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Bryant
post Feb 15 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,551

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Feb 14 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Hey Steve, while I hate that you guys had a falling out, I'm glad it worked out. And more importantly, I'm glad there will be new Athena coming!

And welcome to Comic Related to you and everyone!

Thanks, Brant! It was really frustrating while it was going on, of course. Now that it's in the rear-view mirror, things are better.

And it'll be fun to meet everyone here at CR!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 15 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,427

Hi Steve, sad to say, but all of us have gone through this kind of thing at one time or another in this game. It happens more times than
people realize. Glad you managed to salvage something from this and look forward to new Athena Voltaire adventures.

+Quote Post
rqatkins
post Jan 17 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,244

Hey steve,

I wish you all the best on this. Im glad there will be more upcoming AV stories. And really those one-shot or smaller self contained stories are a great format that can always be collected later in a larger omnibus if the opportunity presents itself.

Keep it up man, I love your stuff!

--------------------
"Some people are like SLINKIES, they aren't that interesting...until you push them down the stairs"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 03:03 PM