Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Titles In The Work
Ron Fortier
post Feb 26 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,427

Just wanted to let the CR gang know some of the titles Airship 27 Prod. has in various stages of production and that we hope to publish within the next six months.

JAGGER -TIME SERVED - Is a modern pulp thriller in the vein of Mack Bolan and Jack Reacher.
JIM ANTHONY - SUPER DETECTIVE - A Doc Savage wannabe from the 1930s, we've an anthology with three new Jim Anthony stories
featuring a gorgeous cove by DC artist, Chad Hardin.
DAN FOWLER G-MAN - Ace federal agent will also kick off his first ever anthology of brand new stories. Another classic 30s hero.
THE MASKED RIDER -Tales of the Wild West - Our first ever western pulp returns the Masked Rider to new adventures, plus also in
this first volume a story starring Virgil Earp and another with Wild Bill Hickock. If you like wild shoot'em ups, this is your book.

And these are only those books up front in production. Before the year is over we hope to have a Black Bat anthology, another
Secret Agent X volume (this will be 4) , Ravenwood Stepson of Mystery with a story by our own G-Man, Mars McCoy Space Ranger, and lots of other great pulps I'm keeping secret a little while longer.
All terrific, top notch purple prose.
Stay tuned, Airship 27 is soaring high in 09!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen Davis
post Feb 26 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,419

Great news, Ron.

Queries:

What is your response to my criticisms about Jim Anthony?

Is the Masked Rider the same character created by Donald Hobart (House name)

How is your Ki-Gor collection coming that you mentioned a while back? Any movement on that 3 Tarzan book you mentioned years ago? (I know, I know, I should just let it go)

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 26 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Sorry, Glen, your criticism of Jim Anthony? I fully realize lots of pulp fans never cared for the character as he was very much a weak
Doc Savage clone. Then why bring him back? Well, for the same reasons I rewrote a bad Captain Hazzard book into a good one, to improve on the character and find the inherent potential. Our three writers have set about writing Jim Anthony as his own man, and not
in any way shape or form attempted to make him anything like Savage, save for the fact he's a hero in every sense of the word.

We are doing the classic Masked Rider who had his own popular series.

The Ki-Gor book is slow going right now, as we've only one story in, which is why I did not mention in the list of forthcoming books. Until we get a few more submissions, it says at the end of the train. And there's nothing in the works with Tarzan. Just too many other things on our plate, including one which, again I don't want to reveal just yet, but features all new stories of a character even more internationally popular than Burrough's apeman.

Stay tuned.

+Quote Post
Sean Collins
post Feb 26 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,721

I know it's no where on your plante at this time but Ron if and when you ever do a Tarzan book give me a holler I would love to take a crack at a tale of the apeman (HUGE FAN of the books and the character)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 26 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Sean, we can't do any new Tarzan tales. What Glen referred to is the fact that several of the early Tarzan tales by Burroughs were allowed to become public domain and you, me, anyone can reprint them...as they are. But the character is still very much a license property and no one can write new Tarzan stories without paying the licensed holder. And considering what that fee must be like, that is not going to be us.

+Quote Post
Glen Davis
post Feb 26 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,419

Ron,

My criticism is in the High Adventure thread in your forum here. In a nutshell, it is that part of what actually drags the Anthony stories down are the rather half hearted attempts with womanizing in the stories. They're aren't "spicy" enough to be entertaining, yet seem to have no other purpose but titillation in the stories. I don't know if I'm making myself clear, but can't really explain it better right now.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 27 2009, 07:13 AM
Post #7

Hahaha, okay, Glen, I get what you are talking about. Again, none of our modern writers are using those "clunkers" as models for our
new stories. All three of our writers have produced a solid, hard-edged, version I honestly think pulp fans are going to love. And wait until you see Chad Hardin's painted cover. It is to die for!!

+Quote Post
Sean Collins
post Feb 27 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,721

sorry for my confusion I had forgot about the Burroughs estate still having the rights to the characters & once thinking apon it more I think Disney has the exclusive licenced rights to the property

--------------------

+Quote Post
JaredCantin
post Feb 27 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,828

Exciting times Ron! Exciting times!!!

Alas, today (well tomorrow) is the fiscal quarter end at my company, and I am entering a one month slow period, before work gets busy for fiscal year end in May. At least I have a month to write, read, and relax.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 27 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #10

You know it, Jared. Rob and I have our hands full right now with all these books in one stage of production or another. Busy, but we're loving it. And you've got the right idea, use that down time to get some writing done. Now that's being productive.

+Quote Post
JaredCantin
post Feb 27 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I am almost two hundred pages into that idea we spoke about a few weeks ago. Not sure what I am going to do with it when I am done, but I am enjoying writing it a lot. The concept allows for a lot of unique situations, dilemmas, and eventual solutions to problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 28 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Look forward to reading it one day, Jared. Meanwhile, Rob and I continue to prep your book - JAGGER -TIME SERVED as our next Airship 27 Prod. release. Hopefully out before the end of March. Fingers crossed.

+Quote Post
JaredCantin
post Mar 1 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Great news. Can't wait to see the rest of the illustrations. Rob is doing an amazing job with them all so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Larry N Young
post Mar 1 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,580

That's great news Ron and I wish you the best of luck.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Mar 2 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #15

Thanks Larry. I spent most of yesterday afternoon working with Rob on several of these titles and having a blast. Some truly good stuff here. Rob turned in two of his nine illustrations for the JAGGER - TIME SERVED project (as it now stands, it should be our next release) and
the cover for our first DAN FOWLER G-MAN book sent in his roughs...and just blew me away. Awesome pulp imagery. So hang in there,
CR amigos. We've got some truly beautiful books on the way!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 06:05 AM