Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Franklinstein Is A True Monster!
G-Man
post Apr 7 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

The very first thing I read upon returning home from Gem City Comic Con this past weekend was the Franklinstein ashcan I picked up from Dave Arhar.

This has got to be the most well thought out and hard hitting preview type ashcan I have ever read. Thought provoking fiction cross bred with actual historical fact in the same vein of Daughter of Dracula (pun fully intended). The mood set by the story and art was dead on...(is there a legal limit for intentional puns?)

I CAN NOT WAIT to see the finished product!!!!

Dave has come up with the most original concept for a story I have ever come across. I'm a fan of his other work.....but he really starts to hit a creative strive with this book that will leave people talking about it for years to come.

And keep people lying awake at night!

Once in a while you come across something that you just know is going to break big.

Franklinstein is going to be HUGE (echo......followed by thunder-clap)

Trust me.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Apr 8 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,478

QUOTE (G-Man @ Apr 7 2009, 11:03 PM) *
This has got to be the most well thought out and hard hitting preview type ashcan I have ever read. Thought provoking fiction cross bred with actual historical fact in the same vein of Daughter of Dracula (pun fully intended). The mood set by the story and art was dead on...(is there a legal limit for intentional puns?)

I CAN NOT WAIT to see the finished product!!!!

Bill,

As someone who respects your opinion unequivocally, I hope you can imagine what your thoughts on the Franklinstein ashcan mean to me.

To know that you feel Franklinstein might qualify for that kind of endorsement...WOW!!! I only hope I can live up to expectations.

I'd like to take this opportunity (while I humbly bask in the sun for just a moment longer) to thank you for your support, now, and all through out this past year!

With all due respect, I'm going to take your words with me into SPACE as one of the great highlights of my time as a publisher, and a writer!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Apr 9 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #3

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I haven't got to sit down with it yet, but I gave it a quick flip through once back home and I looks great! My compliments David. Nice and a read I'm looking forward to enjoying!!

It was also great fun to get copies of Faustians and Gothic Romance. Having seen these two as they evolved, it's great to see them in finished form.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Apr 27 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Gem City and SPACE are in the bag, and I was really pleased by the reaction to Franklinstein! Even people who didn't pick up the ashcan got a kick out of the premise. It's a good feeling for me to see someone smile down at my table and tell me something I've done is a great. I wrote the thing, true. But what about the rest of the creative team?

Cover: Dave Watt, or Jay Fife?

Art? Paul Shultz.

With letters by the always concise, always dependable Jason Arthur, and outstanding edits from Jon (The Bad Man) Hodges- I think those that did pick it up got one incredibly talented roster for their dollar!

Thanks to Chuck and Bill for their support!

And thanks to all the creators involved!

We nailed it!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jon kulczar
post Apr 29 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,039

Heya Dave!
totally loved the ashcan, bud:) it was one of the little gems i got while at SPACE 2009. am totally looking forward to more of this story...woo!

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Apr 29 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jon kulczar @ Apr 29 2009, 08:18 AM) *
Heya Dave!
totally loved the ashcan, bud:) it was one of the little gems i got while at SPACE 2009. am totally looking forward to more of this story...woo!

That means a lot to hear Jon! I think it's easily the best thing PDP has published thusfar. Thanks a million!

The script for Franklinstein issue one is under way, and I hope to have the book in time for Mid-Ohio.

I managed to pluck a few SPACE Gems myself- any chance of seeing a Wicket & Imp forum here on CR? ; )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Apr 30 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,028

Really looking forward to Franklinstein, Dave. I'm anxious to see your take on such a gothic tragedy.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:50 PM