Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Murder of Scarecrows Review
Gary Reed
post Apr 20 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,499

Here's a review of A MURDER OF SCARECROWS from Mania.com.

A Murder of Scarecrows Gary Reed
(Desperado Publishing Graphic Novel)

Gary Reed is one of my favorite comic book writers. Admittedly I am somewhat biased as I’ve known the good Mr. Reed for some twenty-five years but Reed as always been very unconventional. He doesn’t go after the quick and easy story but rather he tells stories his way. They might not be best-sellers, but they are of a quality that outdoes most other writers.

With Murder of Scarecrows we get a pre-Revolutionary War tale of adventure along the lines of Robin Hood or Zorro. In the seaport town of Season, the mysterious masked Scarecrow and his Freedom Riders terrorize the British soldiers who prey upon the citizens of the small town. When the King sends in the hard-nosed Colonel Dreymore to bring the Scarecrow to justice, he tries to turn the townsfolk against their defender by offering a large reward. The Scarecrow knows his true identity is about to be compromised but that will not stop him in his efforts to battle the British.

Murder of Scarecrows is fun, pure American pulp adventure with true heroes and villains. There are no shades of grey here. Reed could not have asked for a better artist to complement his story than Wayne Reid who’s masterful black & white art harkens back to the days of Warren magazines like Creepy and Eerie. Good black and white art is sorely missed in this day of Photoshop enhanced comics.

Grade A-

You can find the actual review here:

http://www.mania.com/pyr-releases-blood-am...cle_114511.html

--------------------
Gary Reed
www.garyreed.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Steve_Saunders
post Apr 20 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,968

I wasn't even aware of this book. I am now and I really, really want to read it! And kudos on the great review, sir. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danny Grigg
post May 27 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,527

Has this been released yet? If not when will it be released?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 02:24 AM