Reply to this topicStart new topic
No Gods, Original Graphic Novel By Dustin Carson
Sean Collins
post Apr 25 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,721

Thought I would start a thread here and give No Gods a home on the forums for both fans and future fans of the Indy Hit coming from Wild Wolf Ent.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Apr 25 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,427

Good idea, Sean. Am sure eventually as folks find out about this, having its own forum will be help focus comments and reactions.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 25 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,660

NO GODS

Great job setting up this forum and I am ESTATIC (I don't even care if that might be mis-spelled) to welcome Dustin to the Wolf Pack!!!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Sean Collins
post Apr 25 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

as am I had a very long conversation with Dustin on the phone today and must say we have a solid plan worked out to bring this out in the very near future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
khicks
post Apr 26 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,843

I'm also very glad to have Dustin into the fold and am looking forward to working with him in the future. If anyone reading this thread has not checked out his 6 issue series No Gods, Please consider doing so. It is one of the best reads I have had in a very long time. Dustin is a brilliant writer.

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Apr 26 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,028

Gentlemen...I can't thank you enough. I'm very excited to be a Wolf Pack Member.

+Quote Post
Sean Collins
post Apr 26 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

oh yeah Dustin when you get a chance stop by the author's form and start one up for yourself wink.gif

This post has been edited by Sean Collins: Apr 26 2009, 06:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eric Adams
post Apr 27 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,754

Good work, Dustin. I'm curious to see how this unfolds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Apr 27 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

You and me both, brother.

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Apr 28 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Here's some of the art coming in to be added to the book. These are compliments of Jon Kulczar of Wicket and Imp. He's even going to turn these renderings into cards for me to display at the table. He's doing several of the No Gods characters, and, I'm guessing I'll eventually commission him to do all of the characters. And for all you creators thinking about hiring Jon to do the same with your personal characters, I'll kill you slowly...very...very...slowly. But, if you don't mind me killing you slowly, you can get ahold of Jon at jkulczar@yahoo.com-

This post has been edited by Dustin: May 27 2009, 11:19 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  shepherdcomplete_1_.jpg ( 103.64K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
flapjac
post Apr 28 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,032

Ha, I love these pics. I love seein completely different style renditions of established characters. I tip my hat to Jon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jon kulczar
post Apr 28 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,039

QUOTE (Dustin @ Apr 28 2009, 11:21 AM) *
Here's some of the art coming in to be added to the book. These are compliments of Jon Kulczar of Wicket and Imp. He's even going to turn these renderings into cards for me to display at the table. He's doing several of the No Gods characters, and, I'm guessing I'll eventually commission him to do all of the characters. And for all you creators thinking about hiring Jon to do the same with your personal characters, I'll kill you slowly...very...very...slowly. But, if you don't mind me killing you slowly, you can get ahold of Jon at jkulczar@yahoo.com-

Heheheeh... no threatening in my name Dustin! unless it involves fire ants:) Dude... it's been such a pleasure playing around in your No Gods sandbox... i thank you deeply for allowing me to do so and to do up some of my own stylized versions of your "kids".

QUOTE (flapjac @ Apr 28 2009, 12:26 PM) *
Ha, I love these pics. I love seein completely different style renditions of established characters. I tip my hat to Jon.

Thanks buddy- i greatly appreciate that compliment:)

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 28 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #13

I've got to agree, Jon, these pictures look great!

BTW....I'm really liking your Wicket and Imp stuff, but you were right it is taking me a little longer to read than I originally thought.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Sean Collins
post Apr 28 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

nice work,

as for other guest artist Dustin how about you tell folks alittle bit more on whos signed in to do a piece for the future release. I personal will be in the fold as well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Apr 29 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I can't express how excited I am when I think about the creators who have agreed to render the No Gods characters. I've spoken to all of them, either by email or by phone, and their interpretations are surpassing all of my expectations. I just can't thank all of them enough. Here's the list:

Jack Knifley from Break The Line Comics and the inspiration behind this process. After reading No Gods, he noticed that there were blank pages in the book and he suggested I add some content- sort of like DVD extras. My wheels started turning, and I thought about how much comic fans like to see specialized renderings of established characters by multiple artists. That's when the idea hit me. Not only would it add something special to the No Gods books, but it would also push the artists themselves. As I'm learning, the indie world is a community- and if we can push each others' works, we should.

Jon Kulczar from Wicket and Imp. You've already seen his work, and if you haven't picked up Wicket and Imp, you're missing out on the wildest comic strip I've ever read.

Bill Gladman, the G-Man himself. Bill sent me his idea for his pin-up and my jaw dropped. Bill is a poet, and as a poet he has a deep understanding of emotional context. His passion for story-telling blows me away- and I think his pin-up will too.

Dave Arhar of Franklinstein and Uncle Samson and the Phantoms of Lost Liberty. I was beside Dave at Gem City, and he's one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He's also deep into the plots for the second issue of The Faustians. I spoke to Dave, and he's decided to do a picture more naughty than nice. Oh yeah...spank material on the way, fellas.

Chris Hoskins of Scrap and Studio Akumakaze. If you want a gander at his art, look no farther than my avatar. Chris and I have been talking quite a bit and I could just fall asleep in those dreamy blue eyes of his- er...woe...little uncomfortable...I go too far...I like football and farting...I do not have a man crush on Chris Hoskins...I do not have a man-crush on Chris Hoskins...I do not have a man-crush on Love Hoskins...anyway, I'll be posting Chris' pin-up tomorrow. It's so tight, it makes me want to vomit (in a good way).

Eric Adams- yep, the Eric Adams- of Lackluster World. Eric was on the other side of me at Gem City, and I'll never be able to repay him for all the advice and council he has given me. From table appearence to banner sketches to con experience, Eric has answered all of my questions and pushed me to take steps to improve the No Gods books. Eric...thanks.

Sean Collins, fearless leader of Wild Wolf Entertainment. Have I mentioned yet that you can purchase Daughter of Dracula by the great Ron Fortier with Rob Davis and Mark Maddox at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or the Wild Wolf Store? How about My First Walk by Kayla Mcdaniel and D.E. Collins, also available at these fine places? I wonder what Sean is going to publish next? Maybe something like The Book of Noheim by Bill Gladman, or Spirit of the Wolf by Sean himself, or maybe an anthology called Wicked Tales with stories from Ron, Bill, and myself. Or, maybe you'd enjoy the heartfelt jaunt of a forteen-year-old boy who thinks he's a clone of Jesus Christ sent to destroy all superheroes? Maybe a book callled No Gods, soon to be released by Wild Wolf Entertainment...if you choose to crucify me for my shameless plugs, please do so after you've purchased these fine products.

Kevin Hicks of Wild Wolf Entertainment and coolest guy on planet Earth. I talked to Kevin this evening, and he's finishing the work on his superior (hint, hint) pin-up. Kevin's work is so unique and stylized, I decided I had to do a comic with him. Thanks for the long discussions and willingness to work with me, my friend.

And that's the list so far. Thank you all very much, fellas. I am so glad to be working with all of you.

+Quote Post
Sean Collins
post Apr 29 2009, 02:15 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

lol shame full plugs I couldn't have done better myself Dustin you make me proud lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Apr 29 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Here's a new rendering- compliments of Chris Hoskins- this picture has a biblical quality to me. It's as if Chris took a moment, just after the big battle, and froze it. Leaving it for all of us to see...

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Apr 29 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #18

AWESOME!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jon kulczar
post Apr 30 2009, 05:23 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,039

mad props to Chris!

+Quote Post
flapjac
post Apr 30 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,032

much thanks, guys.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 09:24 AM