Andrew Salmon
post Aug 7 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,185

I love the Twilight Zone!

It's that simple.

The show and the other writings of Rod Serling have been a tremendous influence on my writing life. I've bugged my eyes out watching old kinescopes of REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT, PATTERSN and THE COMEDIAN and loved the American Masters bio on the man even though it tended to be a bit more gloomy than history tells us. PLANET OF THE APES is another of my favorites and if you think Serling wasn't responsible for that ending, then you've never seen the Zone, my friend. I've read a couple of biographies of Serling as well.

What does all this have to do with THE FORTY CLUB? Well, to put it bluntly, THE FORTY CLUB is my attempt at a Twilight Zone story -- only without Rod Serling doing the introduction. He is mentioned though. Not a novel per se, it's more of a long short story (12,000 words) that I whipped up as a gift book. You see, as the title indicates, it's about turning 40 years old and, as people do that every year, I thought a slim book version of the tale might be a nice gift for anyone about to reach that milestone.

It's a whimsical little tale meant to amuse as well as provoke thought. The feedback I've had on it has been all good so I'm guessing the tale satisfies.

Ron Fortier was even nice enough to write the story up as a one-act play. I've been shopping this around. Anyone out there know of anyone looking to stage something like this? Let Ron or I know. We'd very much appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:46 AM