Reply to this topicStart new topic
Witchfire in hand...
ChuckMoore
post Nov 10 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ron, I am pleased to say that I have my copy of Witchfire in hand and I'm about 8 pages into the novel. Amazon was quick to ship it and it arrived in perfect shape. I'll work in a read over the next few days and let you know my thoughts. From my first impression, the cover looks even better in printed form than the preview graphic indicated and the first few pages catch my interest quickly. Nice work!

Cheers,
Chuck

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 10 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,427

Hot dog!!! Now I'll await your comments with fingers crossed. Ha.

+Quote Post
Rob Davis
post Nov 10 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,444

QUOTE(ChuckMoore @ Nov 10 2007, 06:40 PM) *
Ron, I am pleased to say that I have my copy of Witchfire in hand and I'm about 8 pages into the novel. Amazon was quick to ship it and it arrived in perfect shape. I'll work in a read over the next few days and let you know my thoughts. From my first impression, the cover looks even better in printed form than the preview graphic indicated and the first few pages catch my interest quickly. Nice work!

Cheers,
Chuck

Glad you liked the cover, Chuck. It is unfortunate that the digital files online are a bit "dull" compared to the printed (let alone the original!) cover. Cornerstone's printers did a wonderful reproduction job and it turned out even better than I'd hoped. It's a great read- I look forward to seeing what you think!

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Nov 12 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #4

Site Creator

With all the Wham Bang Comics work over the last couple days, I haven't had a lot of time left for reading. That said, I HAVE been able to enjoy the first couple chapters and I like what the story so far... It left me wishing I had more time to get back to it... That's a GOOD sign.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 12 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #5

Nice to know we're holding your interest there, Chuck. That's always a writer's major concern. You never-ever want to bore
your readers. As for Wham Bang, are they going to have forum here as well? I read Ben Tinsley's first column tonight
and enjoyed it a lot. Would like to share some of my own Diamond experiences with him. They are very similar.

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Nov 12 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #6

Site Creator

I think that would be a great idea! I'll see if I can't facilitate that. It would be good for both Wham Bang Comics and Gordon (Tv Party) to have a spot they can call home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 2 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #7

Site Creator

With all the activity, the convention and the growth we've seen here on the site, I've been pretty busy over the last couple weeks putting together site coverage and new forums. Sadly, it hasn't left me a lot of time to read. That said, I wanted to update everyone and let you know that I'm on page 111 of Witchfire and it's been a great read so far. I've enjoyed the story and find myself especially impressed by the depth of the backstory between Morgan and Lucien. I'm hoping to finish it within the next few days so I can put together a review for Amazon. Even before the finish I thank Ardath and Ron for sharing an exceedingly fun read!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Dec 2 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Thanks again, Chuck. Am truly happy to know you enjoyed the book. Sales are steady and it looks like come Jan 08 the book is going to
go into a second printing. Hot dog!

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 7 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #9

Site Creator

There's a McDonald's near the shop where I get my car serviced. On the down side, my car needed a fair bit of work today. On the up side, there was no internet connection so I was able to quietly drink coffee (without feeling guilty) and finish reading Witchfire. I made sure to tilt the book up as I read so others could see the cover and the title. Hey, free PR is free PR... Am I right?

What a thoroughly enjoyable book! Once finished, I fired up the laptop and penned the first bit of my Amazon review. I hope to finish it later today and get it added to the book's sales page though I do have to figure out how to do that as I've never reviewed a book on Amazon before.

Anyway, my hat is off to you! It was a lot of fun and I encourage others to check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Dec 7 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #10

Hey, that's just awesome, Chuck. I'm obviously going to be very anxious to read your review. And if I can be a bothersome pest a little
longer, would you be so kind as to post it both at Amazon and Barnes & Noble on-line. Reason for this is that Cornerstone Books has some
kind of program in place with B & N and reviews like yours add certain points or some such. Enough of these and the good folks at B & N
central begin actually ordering copies for their chain.
Thanks again. So much.
And oddly enough I too was in a car dealership two days ago getting a some work done on ours. And like you, ended up sitting in
the customers waiting room. Where much to my true surprise, all of the four people already there (men and women) were ignoring the
overhead boob-tube and all had their noses stuck in books. Soooo...I sat down and pulled out my copy of Dicken's A Christmas Carol
and joined. It was all too surreal. Is reading really making a come back? Now that would be a Christmas gift for all of us.

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 11 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #11

Site Creator

Over the last weekend, I was able to write and post my Witchfire review on Amazon.com. Here are my thoughts on the book...

In Witchfire we see a tale of corporate intrigue, witchcraft, unexpected love and a classic old world struggle of good vs. evil. This time out, the struggle focuses on a brother and sister who find themselves locked in a lifelong battle as they walk two very different paths. One has gone the way of light practicing magic for the good of all while the other has found a much darker way. The tale of love centers on the stories heroes, one a white witch (Morgan Rein) and the other a steel jawed, leather clad scientist (Dancer McCoy).

Separated at a young age, Mogran and her brother Lucien have led very different lives and honed very different powers. Witchfire tells the tale of these two coming back together and settling longstanding family issues.

Within the novel, authors Ardath Mayhar and Ron Fortier weave a rich story filled with history and a detailed back-story giving you a great look at the principal characters and their past relationships. The back-story proves almost as intriguing as the main tale. Also, I particularly enjoyed the art of Rob Davis which is interspersed throughout the book.

If you enjoy a tale of adventure... If you enjoy your novels steeped in a classic, old world struggle of good vs. evil... If you like your leading men rock solid... If you like your leading women strong and in charge of the situation and their lives... You will enjoy Wtichfire. I know I did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Dec 13 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #12

Chuck, thank you so very much for this awesome review. Believe me, having these things posted at Amazon always helps. Every time a new review gets posted, it just helps folks surfing on to the title get a better feel and understanding of the book from a fellow reader. Which is always welcome, and we then tend to see more sales when reviews get added.
I'm happy to say, our publisher is very happy with how the book is selling and is contemplating printing a second edition come the first of
the year. Again, thanks in large part to terrific supporters like you.

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Jan 24 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #13

Site Creator

Ron, did they print a second edition? I would love to hear the first edition sold out!!! That would make a fun story to tell over on the main site.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 24 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #14

Well, I can't definitively say the first printing sold out, but then again, yes, Cornerstone Book Publishers is doing a second printing. Which all of us associated with the book are thrilled about. It is obviously selling and selling well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 12:17 PM