Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dynagirl preview page
Cary
post Apr 10 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,957

Finished lettering the first half of issue #2 today and had so much fun I had to share. Here's Dynagirl getting a little unfriendly greeting!

And that kids is what happens when you piss off a chick with PSI powers before she gets her morning coffee! smile.gif oh and check out the snazzy new SFX font! That's Blambot's "zoom".

This post has been edited by Cary: Apr 10 2010, 06:32 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bill Nichols
post Apr 10 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,860

Wow....I love that!

--------------------
Inker and writer of comics
Editor of Sketch Magazine

Comics Mentorfor encouragement and advice in your comics creating
Bill NIchols YouTube Channel
Arteest, my webcomic

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 10 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill Nichols @ Apr 10 2010, 06:52 AM) *
Wow....I love that!

Yeah man it's a great font and a fun page to play with it on that's for sure. Can't wait to see Lisa's colors on this! I've been looking at picking that font up for months and just kept getting distracted. today Nate posted his new cancer benefit font "Saving Lives" and since I was over there getting that anyway, I figured I'd pull the trigger on "Zoom" and a couple of other ones I've been looking to freshen up my font library with. The guy has some excellent fonts and unreal prices. I'd say he's about as indy friendly as they come!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 10 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

The page looks great as does the font. It has a very nice "in your face" kind of look. I love the perspective as well, it's a really dynamic angle.
As for blambot fonts, they are great... I just wish I could afford some of them. Maybe next year.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 10 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Yeah man Harold will lull you in where things are pretty normal for a couple of pages and then out of nowhere he just explodes in one of those crazy perspective things that just blows my mind. We've actually been stretching things a bit with the Dynagirl series whereas we kept Fallen Justice a little more sedate, mostly due to the story tone and such. When we changed series Harold wanted to modify his style a bit and at the same time we both wanted to open things up a lot, do some experimenting with the angles and the shots etc. I think we've done a pretty good job. You can totally tell we're having fun!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 11 2010, 05:37 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

You know how this stuff works. Once you start showing things off you just want to go crazy! As I spoke about on the Dynagirl site this morning a series of weird events ended with me digging up a character we're going to be seeing a LOT of in the near future. Her name is Pandora.

This isn't the final character design, but it's close. We're gonna have a lot of fun with this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 11 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #7

That is one of the things I noticed with the preview page, is that it's a bit different in style, more cinematic. I am looking forward to
reading issue one. You have no idea how excited I am to Dynagirl #1, and the fact that its a webcomic makes it even better.
All of you have gone a long way since Fallen Justice #1 and by the time you get to the final page of the final issue of Dynagirl, you will
all have improved in quality twenty fold.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 11 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tim Tilley @ Apr 11 2010, 08:43 AM) *
That is one of the things I noticed with the preview page, is that it's a bit different in style, more cinematic. I am looking forward to
reading issue one. You have no idea how excited I am to Dynagirl #1, and the fact that its a webcomic makes it even better.
All of you have gone a long way since Fallen Justice #1 and by the time you get to the final page of the final issue of Dynagirl, you will
all have improved in quality twenty fold.

It's funny man I look back at Fallen Justice #1 and I'm like wow. The difference is SO vast. And I still think that issue kicks ass you know? But just the amount of growth from then to now in every aspect is kinda wicked to see. Sometimes that's kinda hard for me to see day to day because I'm in the middle of it, you know? Fun stuff tho!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 11 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #9

The difference is beyond vast, and is quite impressive. I am very proud of all of you for improving your skills. I agree even now, the first Final Justice issue still kicks ass, but there has been such a huge amount of growth between then and now. I am really liking this preview page, it's so extreme.

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Apr 11 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,037

QUOTE (Cary @ Apr 11 2010, 06:37 AM) *
You know how this stuff works. Once you start showing things off you just want to go crazy! As I spoke about on the Dynagirl site this morning a series of weird events ended with me digging up a character we're going to be seeing a LOT of in the near future. Her name is Pandora.

This isn't the final character design, but it's close. We're gonna have a lot of fun with this one.

Wow! I love this design. Look at all that hair! I'm gonna have fun with her in the future I can already tell.

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 11 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #11

Lisa. when you say fun do you men fun as in"This park is a lot of fun" or do you mean fun as in a colorist's secret code for "wow this is going to be a huge pain in the.. I mean wow this sure looks like a lot of fun."

I'm kidding. Seriously, it does look like a lot of fun (the good kind) and I am glad that you got the gig!

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Apr 11 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tim Tilley @ Apr 11 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Lisa. when you say fun do you men fun as in"This park is a lot of fun" or do you mean fun as in a colorist's secret code for "wow this is going to be a huge pain in the.. I mean wow this sure looks like a lot of fun."

I'm kidding. Seriously, it does look like a lot of fun (the good kind) and I am glad that you got the gig!

Ha ha, yeah I guess fun could be interpreted either way. Here I meant fun in a good way. I have most certainly used the term in its secret code form in the past though. wink.gif

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 11 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #13

I knew what you meant. Though I also have used fun in the secret way in the past. There are times when I look at something and respond with..."Wow that sure looks like fun."

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 11 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Lisa Moore @ Apr 11 2010, 02:22 PM) *
Wow! I love this design. Look at all that hair! I'm gonna have fun with her in the future I can already tell.

Doesn't it kinda remind you of the I dream of Jeanie costume? I love it! We might cut that hair yet...haven't decided. Maybe we'll open it up to a public vote! hehe

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Apr 12 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cary @ Apr 12 2010, 12:06 AM) *
Doesn't it kinda remind you of the I dream of Jeanie costume? I love it! We might cut that hair yet...haven't decided. Maybe we'll open it up to a public vote! hehe

It does kind of remind of me of Jeanie's costume. I loved that show when I was little, though I guess I wasn't really little... early teens probably. I watched a lot of Nick@Nite. I personally like the long hair. I think opening it up to a public vote would be fun though. smile.gif

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 12 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Well see I did have a reason for having her hair short...but it's not anything I can't get around put it that way! smile.gif We also need to have a contest to name the damn cat!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 12 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #17

Good thing she'll be the one fighting dirty, otherwise that long hair could be used as a weapon against her. As for the cat, it's funny because with my series (be it unpublished) there is a cat that belongs to my "witch" character and I named her... Pandora. Anyway, give the cat a name based on mythology. Be it Greek, Egyptian or Persian.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Apr 12 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tim Tilley @ Apr 12 2010, 06:26 AM) *
Good thing she'll be the one fighting dirty, otherwise that long hair could be used as a weapon against her. As for the cat, it's funny because with my series (be it unpublished) there is a cat that belongs to my "witch" character and I named her... Pandora. Anyway, give the cat a name based on mythology. Be it Greek, Egyptian or Persian.

lol Well it's Dynagirl's cat actually. Harold decided she owns a cat and the little devil ends up in a HUGE number of panels in the series, which cracks me up. It's stretching, eating, rubbing against people...the thing gets more panel time than almost any other character! I was gonna name it Isis, which is the name of one of Harold's cat. That cracks me up since you mentioned Egyptian mythos...we might have to stick with Isis after all!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Apr 12 2010, 08:46 AM
Post #19

I have always believed that using a Mythological name for a pet is a good idea. I like Isis, you should keep it. Although it is kind of funny because the cat goddess is named Bastet but Isis sounds better. I like the idea of the cat and think it will add some nice interaction. I am already laughing just hearing about the gag concepts, especially that it ends up with so much panel presence.

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Apr 12 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cary @ Apr 12 2010, 08:05 AM) *
lol Well it's Dynagirl's cat actually. Harold decided she owns a cat and the little devil ends up in a HUGE number of panels in the series, which cracks me up. It's stretching, eating, rubbing against people...the thing gets more panel time than almost any other character! I was gonna name it Isis, which is the name of one of Harold's cat. That cracks me up since you mentioned Egyptian mythos...we might have to stick with Isis after all!

I like Isis for the cat's name. smile.gif

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 09:10 AM