Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dead Reckoning
Cary
post Jul 11 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,957

Inspired by several different things, and finally getting off my ass and actually putting pen to paper, I came up with Dead Reckoning, a sci fi western type tale about a female bounty hunter who takes the 'dead' in Dead or Alive very seriously. Her name is Ellabeth Parker.

Here's the first shot Scottie did for EB...think he gets her in a big way? I'd say yeah.

Here's EB astride one of her modes of transport. She's got a ship as well, and she carries a couple of different living species for use in the wilds, but when she's on a planet that won't support her preferred ride, she rocks this mechanical horse to get her in range of the bounties she hunts.

This one will probably end up as a big poster type thing once we have it inked up and colored. And yes, the gun is supposed to be that big. it's called an Amnity Arms 3000 pacifier. It's meant to fire a wide range of advanced projectiles, all of them quite lethal. The higher end rounds can penetrate ship hulls and reactive armor, so she rolls prepared for just about anything.

Our first shot of EB when she's not dressed for duty. She's still plenty deadly here, no doubt about it. I like her wicked stare personally. This chick has ben through hell and walked back out again.

EB's former husband Bob, in the initial concept phase. Bob is at least partially responsible for making EB who she is today, so you can imagine how scary this guy is.

Anyway, there you go! The latest coming out of Red Handed Studios!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Decapitated_Dan
post Jul 11 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,983

I like the looks, almost like a cyber punk western tale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Jul 11 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Decapitated_Dan @ Jul 11 2010, 10:16 AM) *
I like the looks, almost like a cyber punk western tale.

Yeah it definitely has some Steam punk for sure in the designs and such. Wait till you see her ship! heh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tbrotomo
post Jun 19 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,397

No idea why I missed this, Cary. But these 10 pages up are wonderful. Great storytelling.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Jun 19 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (tbrotomo @ Jun 19 2011, 11:58 AM) *
No idea why I missed this, Cary. But these 10 pages up are wonderful. Great storytelling.

Thanks man! Just wait till you see the graphic novel we've got coming out this year! Gonna be fun!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SWAT
post Sep 3 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 19,652

A quick update on Dead Reckoning: All of the pages have been penciled, inked and lettered and nearly half of the book is colored. We are a few weeks away from publishing the first graphic novel and the entire team is extremely excited. A lot of hard work has been put in this project and we hope you guys like it as much as we do. Cary has written one hell of a story folks and I can't wait for you guys to read it. Here's one page from the book and a print we did for Derby City Comic con. Let us know what you think.

If you haven't seen it we also have a 10 page online preview story up for free at: Dead Reckoning Online

This post has been edited by SWAT: Sep 3 2013, 03:07 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  484768_10151412553192400_1638700868_n.jpg ( 91.86K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  485470_10151607944054242_1123319873_n.jpg ( 79.72K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
Bill Nichols
post Sep 4 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,860

Woo hoo!

--------------------
Inker and writer of comics
Editor of Sketch Magazine

Comics Mentorfor encouragement and advice in your comics creating
Bill NIchols YouTube Channel
Arteest, my webcomic

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:06 AM