Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Walking Dead, Based on Robert Kirkman's Series
Gonzogoose
post Oct 23 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

Well, some were wondering how they would handle "the farm" if they incorporated that into the series, and we saw the first sign of that this week. Anyone catch the look between Herschel and the hunter when Rick handed the hunter his gun to kill zombies with? Yep, it's coming. To fans of the books, you know what I mean.

Really strong start to this season with the past two episodes, and yeah, it does seem like they are starting to pull from the book more. I hope they keep the surprises coming, though, instead of just using the book for a straight-up adaptation now.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Nov 27 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

So The Walking Dead has wrapped for the mid-season break, returning in February with new episodes.

They ended the mid-season on a strong scene. Some feel it was telegraphed, but for me, it was surprising. And I loved how it deviated from the book again in a big way. It keeps the show surprising for fans of the books.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ross Hughes
post Nov 28 2011, 08:11 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,898

Sophia walking out of that barn was heart-wrenching. The whole massacre was done incredibly well to remind the audience that the zombies were once people and killing them (while necessary) is still a tragedy. Can't wait for February.

I got to thinking about it, and if you're a kid on this show, you're going to get killed after a couple of seasons. They age far more rapidly than the story can allow for. I'd expect that by next year we'll see another major deviation from the books and Carl will bite the dust.

--------------------
Ross Hughes

Freelance Digital Colorist
Samples can be found here: My Gallery

E-mail me for rates and availability here:
Hughescoloring@comcast.net

Follow me on Twitter:
@hughescoloring

+Quote Post
ART BOWSHIER
post Nov 28 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,991

AS SOOON AS i SAW THE VEIW FROM INSIDE THE BARN, I KNEW. mY DAUGHTR WHO JUST SAt DOWN WITH US AND HAD NEVER WATCHED THE SHOW GUESSED THE LITTLE GIRL WHtatshername again? It was powerful TV tho...

This post has been edited by ART BOWSHIER: Nov 28 2011, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Feb 13 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Sophia.

The midseason premiere was last night and things are still as intense as ever.

Lori and the car, they just left that dangling. And the stuff in the bar, who didn't see that coming?

Things are about to pick up even more next week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Mar 16 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

It took me three hours to transcribe this, so I hope people read it! haha

http://comicrelated.com/news/15476/walking-dead-s2-finale

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Mar 18 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Michonne!! and the Prison!!

That's all I have to say, in addition to this: AWESOME season finale!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lexia
post Mar 18 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,691

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Mar 18 2012, 10:12 PM) *
Michonne!! and the Prison!!

That's all I have to say, in addition to this: AWESOME season finale!

She looks badass btw love her entrance

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 12 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

The Walking Dead season 3 begins this Sunday, who will be watching?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 14 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Just a few more hours to go!

Be on the lookout for a special Zone 4 episode sometime this week as we talk about the premiere!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 15 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail since we'll be spoiling the heck out of it on Zone 4, but I have to say I was very pleased with the premiere. The action was hot and heavy from the word go, and a lot happened in this episode that I'm sure other fans of the books were very excited about as well. This looks to be an intense season!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 29 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

If you haven't listened to the Zone 4 Walking Dead special, what are you waiting for?! We talked in depth about the season 3 premiere.

Since then, they've aired two more episodes of the show, and this season is the best yet. In episode 2, we got to see more of the prison and meet the prisoners. This played out very interestingly and showed just how in control Rick is right now and how he's the right man for the job.

Then in last night's episode 3, we got to see much more of Michonne and Andrea, and a certain much-talked-about villain come into play as we were introduced to a nice little town of survivors. smile.gif

Very, very solid and fun first three shows. Anyone who complained about the pacing of the first half of last season, we're not getting that here. This has been intense since moment one of the season.

For those that only tried one episode in the first season and wrote it off, you guys are nuts! lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Nov 12 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Loved last night's episode. There were so many callbacks to the comic series here, though done in some different ways. Watching the Talking Dead afterward confirmed some things for me too.

Rick went into shock and went on a zombie killing spree, which is what everyone wanted after what happened last week. And when he found the very full zombie... well, that was a gut wrenching moment in more ways than one!

And the zombie fights at the Governor's community? And his daughter?!

And one word that summed up the end of this episode and what one particular subplot of the rest of this season has to be: TELEPHONE!

Anyone who read the comics knows exactly what that means, and I had a true geek out moment when it rang.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ART BOWSHIER
post Nov 12 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,991

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Nov 12 2012, 01:51 PM) *
Loved last night's episode. There were so many callbacks to the comic series here, though done in some different ways. Watching the Talking Dead afterward confirmed some things for me too.

Rick went into shock and went on a zombie killing spree, which is what everyone wanted after what happened last week. And when he found the very full zombie... well, that was a gut wrenching moment in more ways than one!

And the zombie fights at the Governor's community? And his daughter?!

And one word that summed up the end of this episode and what one particular subplot of the rest of this season has to be: TELEPHONE!

Anyone who read the comics knows exactly what that means, and I had a true geek out moment when it rang.

Having not read the comic-- I've kmown since the alarms rang that there were more survivors in the prison. Why else hide the identity of the one thst knocked the lock off the gate? I figured the black guy would die once another black male characyer spoke and wasn't killed in an episode. Xombie Fight Club was an odd but nessecary part of keeping people in line. We find out how to say her name when she leaves..must be the ninja way!!! And, .how low will it take for the brothers to meet? This episode slowed down to almost a grinding halt. More questions less answers. When you think you have all the answers they change all the questions. FUN FUN FUN....

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Sep 6 2013, 07:51 AM
Post #75

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Today AMC unveiled the official Season 4 poster for The Walking Dead. The artwork features Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) standing in front of the prison.

Click here to see a larger version of the poster. The Walking Dead returns Sun., Oct. 13 at 9/8c on AMC.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:18 PM