IPB
MORE @ COMIC RELATED: NEWS COLUMNS REVIEWS PODCASTS BLOGS

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favorite News from CCI?, Your favorite news from San Diego Comic-Con International 2010
Gonzogoose
post Jul 25 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

Was just wondering what everyone's favorite news was that came out of Comic-Con this year?

My personal favorite, hands down, has to be the announcement of Marvel bringing back the Crossgen properties. As a HUGE Crossgen fan, this made my year as far as comic news goes. Last year I was bored by the announcements, nothing major caught my attention. This year, totally different story.

http://comicrelated.com/news/7642/cup-o-joe-panel

Second up would be the DC Universe Online trailer they showed, and the announcement that the game will finally be available this November. If you haven't watched that trailer, stop what you're doing and watch it now! It looks amazing, and if gameplay is even remotely anything like that, this is going to be the comic game we've all been waiting for.

Youtube Video -> Original Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGTfK4PmPw...player_embedded

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jul 25 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Third for me is season 10 of Smallville - just watched the trailer. Wow...

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Jul 25 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #3

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Brant hit on two of the tops for me. That Smallville trailer had the most emotional punch. The DCU online was flat out wow factor. I was also really excited to see the Next Men coming back at IDW.

Posting the news with others, I haven't even had a chance to see what came out in the updates of others. I still have a chunk of the con to experience. heh

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScottDMSimmons
post Jul 25 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,810

JOHN BYRNE'S NEXT MEN: That it is coming back and to IDW has to top the list for me!

SMALLVILLE: Loved seeing a few teasers of Smallville Season 10 (especially what's in the box! and the whole Fate thing is perhaps an interesting twist). I also heard a couple of bwahaha guys are showing up in the season too. Also nice to see that Chloe is making an entrance into the comics.

YOUNG JUSTICE: The preview of Young Justice is pretty dang cool.

GROSSGEN: I am excited about the CrossGen news, really hoping it means Sojourn comes back, so that my wife Shannon gets to read her comic again.

HAWKEYE CAST: I think Jeremy Renner is a great pick for Hawkeye. I loved his daredevil attitude in Hurt Locker and I think he'd be great. (I am uncertain that Mark Ruffalo is a good fit for Hulk however).

MATTEL: Getting a peek at the Mattel DC Universe Classics Legion 12-pack (well, 5 of them at least) was pretty cool to see online.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Jul 25 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,037

I was pretty happy to see the DCU online trailer as well. Happy to see that there is finally a release date. Having played a few MMO's in the past I'm excited to try out this game. Though a new thing to suck away my time is never good. lol

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
Zodar
post Jul 26 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,781

QUOTE (ScottDMSimmons @ Jul 25 2010, 11:09 PM) *
JOHN BYRNE'S NEXT MEN: That it is coming back and to IDW has to top the list for me!

SMALLVILLE: Loved seeing a few teasers of Smallville Season 10 (especially what's in the box! and the whole Fate thing is perhaps an interesting twist). I also heard a couple of bwahaha guys are showing up in the season too. Also nice to see that Chloe is making an entrance into the comics.

GROSSGEN: I am excited about the CrossGen news, really hoping it means Sojourn comes back, so that my wife Shannon gets to read her comic again.

I'm hesitent on Next Men, I think Byrne has changed a lot since then and won't be able to recapture the same feeling. He certainly COULD do something a little different that does work.

Man, I'd watch Smallville for some of the bwahaha. Hope it comes to pass, fingers crossed for Guy Gardner in the flesh.

As for CrossGen... I do not see greatness. I know it's been many years and under different management, but I can't forget how poorly the UltraVerse got handled once Marvel took over.

--------------------
Not the droid you are looking for.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jul 26 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Great point on the handling of Ultraverse, and even other universes they've tried to bring back (newuniverse, anyone?). But I'm staying hopeful until I see what they do. I've been waiting for years, and have been on pins and needles since Disney bought Marvel, so right now I'm on cloud 9 and won't come down until Marvel ruins yet another great property. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jul 26 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,836

Next Men! Next Men! Next Men!

That news made my week!

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 26 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,427

I love the Next Men...but ROCKETEER 's return is what lit my fuse.

+Quote Post
AaronSmith
post Jul 27 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,836

As much as I love the Rocketeer, it would mean a helluva lot more if Dave Stevens were still around. Having Byrne return to Next Men is one of those things that a fan always hopes for but rarely gets, kind of like wishing Connery had done another Bond movie or something, except this one's actually happening!

It's also possible that Byrne might do something with the Rocketeer since most of his recent work has been with IDW. Apparently he was asked to participate but hasn't made up his mind yet.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 27 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,427

Just seeing that Alex Ross Rocketeer pin-up had me almost in tears. And the fact that much of the proceeds with this new stuff is going donated for research in the field of medicine related to Dave's passing is icing on the cake. He was truly taken from us much too soon.
And don't discount, I'm also loving the Byrne return. Ha.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 09:30 PM