Reply to this topicStart new topic
Uncle Samson print
Dave Arhar
post Jul 29 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,478

I received a pleasant surprise in my in-box a couple weeks back. Artist, and USPOLL collaborator Rudy Vasquez, sent me an amazing pin-up of Uncle Samson to add to my collection of prints. The other 6 he did for me were quick sketches that only hinted at the potential, whereas this rendering is a little more fully realized. Rudy has an uncanny ability to capture the essence of my creations without changing my character designs, and I can't wait to share this new addition with my friends and family at CR. I'm going to try to hold off until just before the Champion City Con, but the anticipation is pure agony. I think it really goes a long way towards defining what I'm trying to accomplish, and I hope I can bring the same kind of to interest to my super heroes, that I've (hopefully) brought to my other comics.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Aug 8 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

The Uncle Samson pin-up by Rudy Vasquez is done thanks to the fantastic colors of Lisa Moore! My only regret was not being able to ask Chris Hoskins of Studio Akumakaze to ink it, but Rudy took it upon himself, and it looks amazing!

At least I can rest easy now that I will have something new to show at this years Champion City Con. Plus it will give me a chance to try to prepare a few more PDP items before the show.

Rudy's work can be seen at http://rudyvasquez.deviantart.com/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Aug 8 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,957

QUOTE (Dave Arhar @ Aug 8 2010, 05:46 PM) *
The Uncle Samson pin-up by Rudy Vasquez is done thanks to the fantastic colors of Lisa Moore! My only regret was not being able to ask Chris Hoskins of Studio Akumakaze to ink it, but Rudy took it upon himself, and it looks amazing!

At least I can rest easy now that I will have something new to show at this years Champion City Con. Plus it will give me a chance to try to prepare a few more PDP items before the show.

Rudy's work can be seen at http://rudyvasquez.deviantart.com/

Rudy does truly rock! He did an awesome Dynagirl for us way back before Fallen Justice was even finished! Check it out here:

http://rudyvasquez.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dtuj3l

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Aug 10 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cary @ Aug 8 2010, 08:08 PM) *
Rudy does truly rock! He did an awesome Dynagirl for us way back before Fallen Justice was even finished! Check it out here:

http://rudyvasquez.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dtuj3l

That's pretty sweet Cary! Your studio definitely puts out quality work! How long ago was that? He has one more pin-up to do to complete the USPOLL lineup, then the cover for issue #1. No series artist yet. Lisa Moore did all the colors on my prints, so we have that talent in common as well! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Aug 10 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dave Arhar @ Aug 10 2010, 12:43 PM) *
That's pretty sweet Cary! Your studio definitely puts out quality work! How long ago was that? He has one more pin-up to do to complete the USPOLL lineup, then the cover for issue #1. No series artist yet. Lisa Moore did all the colors on my prints, so we have that talent in common as well! biggrin.gif

lol isn't it cool how small a community it can be sometimes? Crazy, huh? Rudy came onto my radar screen back in like 2006 or so and he worked us up that really cool print early in 2007. I guess that's kinda forever ago now, but it doesn't seem that long!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Aug 12 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cary @ Aug 10 2010, 06:26 PM) *
lol isn't it cool how small a community it can be sometimes? Crazy, huh? Rudy came onto my radar screen back in like 2006 or so and he worked us up that really cool print early in 2007. I guess that's kinda forever ago now, but it doesn't seem that long!

Definitely! And it seems to get smaller all the time.

Got up to speed on Dynagirl, courtesy of your website, and I must say, I like it a lot! You've got a great team of artist's, and I like the pacing of your script(s). Really enjoy the format of the site as well, very clean, easy to navigate. I see that you'll be at Champion City, as will I. Awsome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Aug 12 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Dave Arhar @ Aug 12 2010, 01:21 AM) *
Definitely! And it seems to get smaller all the time.

Got up to speed on Dynagirl, courtesy of your website, and I must say, I like it a lot! You've got a great team of artist's, and I like the pacing of your script(s). Really enjoy the format of the site as well, very clean, easy to navigate. I see that you'll be at Champion City, as will I. Awsome!

Thank you sir! We'll have to grab some dinner or some beers or something at Champion City!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Aug 13 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cary @ Aug 12 2010, 01:39 PM) *
Thank you sir! We'll have to grab some dinner or some beers or something at Champion City!

Sounds like a plan Cary. If you have the time, I'm in!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Arhar
post Sep 8 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Testing....testing...

When it comes to photo manipulation, resizing, and common web related things, I'm pretty much a dumb ass. This has kept me from sharing a lot of my work here at Comic Related, which has always been a big disappointment for me.

Anyway, this is a view of my new Uncle Samson and the Phantoms of Lost Liberty print of Uncle Samson himself; a character I created and designed with artwork by Rudy Vasquez, and colors by CR's own Lisa Moore. I've been holding out on showing it off for over a month, because I wanted to have something new and positive to share before Champion City.

I'm so happy and proud with the results, not to mention so thankful to Lisa for all her fantastic work, I just had to shout it from the mountain...

This post has been edited by Dave Arhar: Sep 8 2010, 05:15 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  facebookcutSamson.jpg ( 93.7K ) Number of downloads: 12

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:48 PM