17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hell Yeah!!!
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #141

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

It’s that time again….this week’s round of Hell Yeah updates. But a little bit of a hit-run nature this week. As always a lot going on, it’s amazing how much work gets done in a week.

And how little work I got done this week. Between a new job, a toothache that lasted two days , and NFL Playoff Fever in full effect (J-E-T-S!!!! Just Eliminate The Steelers!!!). I did crap this week.

Two pages of pencils turned in by Gary for Perfect Day….need inked. I haven’t even started. I was on the verge of starting three reviews right when I got called for this job…they’re still waiting to be done and turned in…and I will get to them. Plus a lot of stuff going on with Price For The Asking. Plus I’m supposed to look over three issues of a comic Mark Saxton sent me the files for….wow. Can’t wait until next week when things look to get back to normal somewhat.

Hold on a minute….I did get some Twilight Star stuff done this week…

Frank turned in his half of the story for Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day…..a special comic presented by Twilight Star and Gem City Comic Con and only available the day of that show.

Written by what Frank Raynor and myself with interior art by Chad Strohl and cover art by The Brothers Church. Frank’s half of the story was pretty impressive. Perhaps the best story he’s written to date…really challenged me to step it up on my half. I’m having a blast with this. I can’t thank Chad enough for allowing me to work with this character. This is the number one priority on my “To Do” list and I’ve been working on it a little each night when get home from my NEW DAY SHIFT job….it should be finished by the weekend and Chad will be getting the art started on it immediately after that.

Don’t miss your chance to get a copy of this book April 5th at Gem City Comic Con.

Hell Yeah!!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #142

One guy that’s been busy as Hell is that Joe Pruitt guy….among all the other projects he has going on….he found time to ink the first page of Prodigy #2…

….continues to work on Brit and Ivy #1 (the on-going series). Here’s a sneak peek at BOTH covers of issue #1 plus a look at page #3.

Plus he’s currently inking page #3 of Dragnet….the man is a beast!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #143

Another beast that seems to have a motor that just doesn’t stop is Ron Fortier. Not content with the fact that issue #1 of his new on-going series is in the can (but won’t be released until two of the three featured stories run in other Twilight Star books first)…Issue #2 gets closer to being completed each day as well!

Here’s a look at the rough pencils of page #1 of “The Lonely Guy” by artist Cesar Feliciano which appears in that second issue….

….and check out the first page of the exclusive story for issue # 2 “Black Magic, Black Armor” with the art provided by Kurt Belcher.

And Ron’s already assembling art teams for issue #3!!!

Rock-n-Roll Hootchie Coo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #144

You know what…what the Heck….while I’m tossing out sneak peeks….check out the first page of Tony Doug Wright’s “Naira” which will be appearing in Pandemonium Spotlight #4 along with tons of other comic book greatness!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #145

Tales From The ‘Field #3 continues to get closer to the finish line every day, as mentioned Gary and I are working on completing the feature story for this issue art wise that story being “Perfect Day” written by Frank Raynor.

Joe is currently inking Dragnet and I should be able to share a preview of that next week.

But how about a preview of Legacy: Part Three written and illustrated by Derron Church and lettered by Stephen Brewington. Right here, right now!

Legacy is the only feature that appears in EVERY issue of Twilight Star’s flagship title, our first anthology series, and the book that is our #1 seller….Tales From The ‘Field.

This is the title you want to pick up if you what to really see the diversity in the different creators involved with the story as it features work by the core Twilight Star Studio members (including work by the four original members of Twilight Star with every issue) as well as some of closest friends. (like Jef Price, Vic. Moya, Chris Martin and Ron Fortier)

TFTF #3….on sale soon. The best book of the series to date. Trust me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #146

Last update of the night…and our last sneak peek….here’s the recolored art that will be appearing on the cover of the second printing of Tales From The ‘Field #2…just in time for Gem City.

Colored by Jonny Rizzo!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Jan 19 2011, 08:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 26 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #147

Don't look now, but the ever popular always informative, and new high speed version of the weekly Twilight Star Studios Hell Yeah update is back!!!

Things are starting to solidify a bit at the studio, after job changes, three different members being sick, and the holidays....not to mention NFL playoffs....hey we're even having our very first "official" studio meeting this coming Sunday...the first of the year and hopefully afterward we will be back on our regular bi-weekly schedule again as far as these meetings go.

Go to say I'm very proud at how productive the studio has been in lieu of the meetings....just wanted to let everybody know The Boyz' From The 'Field still never sleep!

Let's get started.....although not quite a "Boy" or from the "'Field" Ron Fortier is still having the creative crew attached to the first issue of his Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre pull out all the stops.....recently inker Rhian Engel inked Rob Davis' pencils for the cover of issue #1...

and Mark Saxton has colored the cover as well.

Ron and I think everything is coming along quite well! (and we both enjoy working with all these fellows on Price For The Asking!!)

Issue #1 is pretty much done, issue #2 is almost done as well....but just a reminder that this series does not launch until later this year to allow several stories in both books to appear in issues of Tales From The 'Field and Pandemonium Spotlight first.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 26 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #148

Frank and I have completed and turned in the script for Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day to "Hero" creator Chad Strohl. Chad was VERY PLEASED about the finished story and is already hard at work on the interior art. Chad and I talked for about an hour on the phone last night about the story in detail...and both of us are very excited about the prospects of this book.

Gary and Derron Church will be starting the art for the cover of the book after finishing the art for Tales From The 'Field #3.

Hero Of The Day is a book you are not going to want to miss! Look for it Gem City Comic Con April 3rd 2011!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 26 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #149

Sneak Peek time......take a gander at the penciled artwork for the cover of Necrotrancer:Shades Of Gray...

The cover of course is drawn by artist J.D.Hill. James in also the interior artist on the book. He's already turned in several pages for this book....the guy is a beast....page after page just keeps comin'....but as of the new year I have also decided that I will only show one page from each book in these updates....trust me...I'm dyin' to show them off....but I'm already posted the pencils for page #1 so that's it for this book until it's finished!

If you're like me and can't get enough of the art of J.D Hill...don't worry.....The Necrotrancer Sketchbook:Featuring The Art Of James Hill is the second Twilight Star book scheduled for release in 2011!!!

It's been a pleasure working with James on The Necrotrancer stuff...I'm so glad he enjoys working with the story and the characters as much as he does.

The complete----extremely talented creative team on Necrotancer: Shades Of Gray includes...

Bill Gladman-writer
J.D.Hill-pencil art
Joe Pruitt-inks
Cary Kelley-Letters

And I hope to keep these team in tact for the other Necrotrancer books that will follow Shades Of Gray (there are five more planned ...plus one stand alone story with fellow Twilight Star member Tim Hagans involved)

At the rate James is knocking out these pages, Necrotrancer will be kicking in your front door very soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 26 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #150

As you can see 2011 is the year that Twilight Star proves that what we got done in the first year of the studios existence was no fluke.....we're going to set the indie comic world on fire in 2011. We have a TON of books in production right now and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is better than the last book we produced....it's got to be. That's the only way we would have it.

We're proud of what we've achieved so far....but not content to think it was good enough....each issue of each series we have in production is an example of the evolution of the creative talent involved with this studio.

And no other book says "Twilight Star" like Tales From The 'Field...this is our "flagship" book, the book we collectively hang our hat on...and I'm proud to say that issue #3 of this series is a beast....it's coming together very nicely and will soon be in the formatting stages.

The book includes....

"A Secret Place" A four page Un-Naturals preview.
Written and inked by Bill Gladman
Penciled by Derron Church
Lettered by Cary Kelley

Here's a sneak peek of page- #1...recently lettered by Cary....

Legacy:Part Three
Written and Illustrated by Derron Church
Lettered by Stephen Brewington

Then comes the feature story of issue # 3

Perfect Day
Written by Frank Raynor
Penciled by Gary Church
Inked by Bill Gladman
Lettered by Brant Fowler

My Girl

by Victor Moya (sorry no preview....it's only a four pager but it's already lettered and I want to keep the details of this incredible story which was actually written by Victor's daughter under wraps)

and wrapping up the book...
Dragnet
Written by Ron Fortier
Penciled by Kevin Adkins
Inked by Joe Pruitt
Lettered by Stephen Brewington

Heres a look at page #1 recently inked by Joe

Besides Tales #3....work also continues on Pandemonium Spotlight #2...both these books will be crossing the finish line very soon!!!!

So in closing here's what's heading your way in the first four months of 2011 from Springfield Ohio's Home Of Creativity....

Un-Naturals Source Book-at the printer now!
Necrotrancer Sketch Book: Featuring The Art Of J.D. Hill-set to go to formatting
Pandemonium Spotlight #2-finishing stages, close to formatting
Tales From The 'Field #3-finishing stages, close to formatting

Plus before Gem City

Tales From The 'Field #2-2nd printing
Pandemonium Spotlight #1-2nd printing

Both books will feature different versions of the original cover art work, added stories and art to both books as well.

That's it for the last Weds of January

Twilight Star
Hell Yeah!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 2 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #151

Weekly updates-CLOSED-due to bad weather.....

Old man winter is putting a beat down on the studio that never sleeps....a couple Twilight Star members are still feeling a little under the weather as the weather in general is proving to be a pain the butt!

As mentioned there is till a nasty bug going run....my wife is now sick and I have lost most of my voice for the second time in two weeks. Plus other members are living off off cold pills and cough drops.

Internet access, phone, and even electricity are not even a given at the moment as the weather is messing up not only the roads (actually driving on the roads can get you arrested in some areas in Ohio right now) but communications between studio members too!

So-hang in there tight...put another log on the fire and I'll be back next week for the new update!

Twilight Star
Staying inside where it's warm!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #152

Woweeee!!!!!!

After not posting any updates last week I can't believe everything that has happened in the last 14 days. When Gary, Derron, Frank and I sat down and formed this studio October 2009 we all had a strong goal and vision of exactly where we wanted this studio to be in three years.

As of barely into the second year of this three year plan....I would say that we are pretty much on track.

In a BIG WAY!!!!

Before we get into the other updates let's touch base on a few things before hand with a general production update....

1. Tim Hagans ( a name you are finally going to start hearing more and more of , not only with Twilight Star but elsewhere.... is starting concept sketches for the four main characters that will be appearing regularly in a new series entitled WTF? This book will come out once a year and it will be FRANK RAYNOR'S BOOK!!! All Big Frank-story wise with art by Gary Church and inks by possibly Tim Hagans. Three Wise Men....a concept I have been kicking around for a while will be appearing as a back up feature in this book, but Frank is going to be the main guy behind this and he plans to put a real interesting spin on it! More on WTF? later in this week's updates.

2. Jonny Rizzo has taken over the coloring chores on the Bumtastic Four web comic. This thing is getting pretty close to launching here on Comic Related as a weekly web comic and on Twilight Star's own website. The Twilight Star Las Vegas connection continues to strengthen!

3. Speaking of the Twilight Star website....serious efforts were made this past week to get this thing up and running as soon as possible and with the help from a very close friend I think we should see this site go live sometime this spring!

4. Tales From The 'Field is even closer to completion! Gary has finished the pencil work for Frank Raynor's "Perfect Day" the feature story of this issue and I need to ink 3 more pages. After that Brant Fowler will be lettering it. Dragnet the last story in this book featuring the killer creative team of Fortier/Adkins/Pruitt has been inked and Stephen Brewington is currently lettering it. Gary has also finished the art for the cover...Derron is inking it and should have it done by this weekend's Twilght Star meeting and the big news as of last night....Lisa Moore will be coloring the cover! Tales From The 'Field #3 is one of three very important books being launched this year and I'm glad Lisa is helping us out on this!

#5-Copies of The Un-Naturals Source Book ships out from Ka-Blam tomorrow!!! Should have this book available by next weekend in various local comic shops...the first Twilight Star book of 2011 is just days away!!!

#6-The next two books to be printed will be The Necrotrancer Sketch Book and Pandemonium Spotlight #2...in that order. Followed by second printings of Tales From The 'Field #2 (featuring a recently re-colored cover by Jonny Rizzo) and Pandemonium Spotlight (featuring the new story "The Heist" written and illustrated by Kevin Adkins!!

Twilight Star
We Never Sleep!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #153

Speaking of books getting closer to crossing the finish line.....look out world. Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre#1 is coming your way very soon!

Here's a look at the cover for those of you who have not yet seen it. As mentioned with Dragnet in the finishing stages we are only waiting on the completion of one more story, the lettering of another and this baby is ready to roll out to the printer!!!

And don't look now... but Ron's already lined up a couple of new artists and is hard at work writing stories for issue #3.....yep...issue #2 is pretty much ready to go too!

Ron Fortier
Never Sleeps
Hell Yeah!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #154

Let's see what is is going on.....we had a pretty nasty ice storm a week or so ago. During that time artist, good friend and creative monster Joe Pruitt lost his power....but that didn't stop him.

No way!!!!

He finished inking Dragnet.....and inked the cover of Necrotrancer:Shades Of Gray....in the freakin' candle light!!!!!

The guy is a beast!!!

Here's a look at the inked Necrotrancer cover, featuring the stunning art combination of J.D.Hill and Joe Pruitt.

The only thing that could make this better would be if Lisa Moore was coloring this thing.

Guess what? She is. This is second of the three big books I mentioned earlier...the third one being The Un-Naturals #1.

And once again Lisa has decided that she wants to make the cover to this book as dynamic as possible and as always we at Twilight Star can't thank her enough!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #155

Wait.....don't go anywhere just yet! Check this out!!!! The cover for Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day...

Penciled by Derron Church, inked by that Tim Hagans guy, and currently being colored by Jonny Rizzo!!!!

Hero Of The Day is written by Frank Raynor and myself and features interior art from Chad Strohl. It will be debuting at Gem City Comic Con April 3rd of this year.......AND it will be Twilight Star's first ever original graphic novel!!!!

When we rock we rock and when we roll we roll!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #156

Saturday March 5th the best damn comic shop in Springfield will be celebrating it's 2nd Anniversary!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! Wahoooo!

To celebrate Scott Riley and crew will be firing up the grill and having special sales on through the day. Members of Twilight Star Studios will also be coming in and out all day as well....hope to see you there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #157

Moving on to May 7th 2011.....Twilight Star will be sitting up at Super-Fly Comics And Games in Yellow Springs Ohio...

To help store owner Tony Berry celebrate the 10th anniversary of Free Comic Book Day!!!

Tony has invited us to hang out and Twilight Star and Super-Fly love to support each other. We have a lot of great things planned for that day. If things go as planned WTF?#1 will be available for sell (to those readers over 16 years of age).

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #1 MAY be available to buy that day as well. Believe it or not Ron actually buys his monthly comics from this shop!

Plus we also plan to have a limited edition FREE comic that day as well.....not to mention all the other Twilight Star goodies that will be available throughout the day!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #158

The Twilight Star trading cards came in the mail today and man do they look good!!!!

Don't miss your chance to pick these cards up at our table at Gem City Comic Con!!!!!

These things are already disappearing fast, and we're ready to order new cards for the second set whenever Darren, Chuck and the rest of the crew is ready to produce more!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #159

Speaking of Gem City Comic Con......check this out!!!!!

Twilight Star Will Be There In Force!!!!!!

Trust me, you won't be able to miss the Twilight Star table..... stop by and see us....we will be debuting several books included the before mentioned Hero The Day graphic novel plus all our other previously released books.

A two page preview of Hero Of The Day will be in the program guide.

The studio members of Twilight Star will be featured in one of the show's panel's, hosted by a good friend, and hopefully to be recorded by both Comic Related and Underground Video Network.

Frank, Raichal, and I will be hosting the auction again this year.

And if that wasn't enough......

Look for Price For The Asking #1 at the show featuring the creative team of Bill Gladman, Ron Fortier, Brain Latimer, Chris Hoskins, and Tim Hagans!!!! The first collected issue of this popular web comic will be debuting at the show and will be available for sale at our table.

AND......for all you New Comic Day fans out there (including Jesse Noble) there will be another exclusive NCD strip in the Gem City program guide this year!

Twilight Star
Gem City Comic Con

HELL YEAH!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 10 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #160

Member No.: 1,427

I keep getting blown away but all the comic goodies coming from Twilight Star, Bill. You and your partners are doing such an awesome job. Damn, but I so wish I could be at Super Fly that May 7th. It most certainly is the comic shop that provides me with my monthly stash of comics. And I trust my good amigo,
writer/columnist Steve Bennett will be on hand to cover the event.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 12:58 PM