Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hell Yeah!!!
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #241

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Moving right along the next book from the Boys' In The 'Field will be....CYGANN

Cygann is a new ongoing series written and illustrated by the very talented, newest member of Twilight Star Studios, Mr. Stacy Gaston!

Issue #1 .....finished art work seen here by Stacy and colors provided by Dan Matthews who also designed the Cygann logo..

...will be be book number 3-0 produced by Twilight Star. Cygann #1 is currently being lettered by George Warner (who is almost done) and the cover is being formatted by Chad Strohl. I believe this book will be generating a lot of buzz. Stacy is great at cramming high tech action on every page and I think this book goes to print Nov. 9th as well.

Hell Yeah!!!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #242

Another book that should make it across the finish line before the end of 2011 is Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray

The cover for this highly anticipated book seen here was drawn by Necrotrancer artist James Hill, inked by Joe Pruitt, colored by Lisa Moore and the logo design was done by Stephen Brewington.

The corner box on the cover will be changed by Chad to match the corner boxes on all the books produced by us in our third year of production.

Necrotrancer: Shades of Gray is written by myself and penciled by James Hill ( the penciling machine!). The first three pages are inked by Joe Pruitt (before Joe had to unfortunately drop one of his many projects he is working on).

The rest of the pencil art on the book is inked by Ge Carratala....and should be finished by Nov. 16th. There is no letterer attached to this yet, but I would love to get Mr. McQuaid on this is he's available.

The first issue of this series will also feature a back-up story also written by the G-Man entitled "The Journal of Jacob Shade"

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #243

Alright-

Taking a break....hope to be back later in the day with more info about....

More Necrotrancer and James Hill in Twilight Star Team-Up #1, plus more Stacy "Give 'Em Hell" Gaston in that same book!

Lisa Moore, Joe Pruitt and Brit And Ivy!!!

Jack The Rabbit News (Lisa Moore strikes again)

Pandemonium Spotlight (the future looks very "bright" for this book)

Lost Grooves!!!

Tales From The 'Field #4 and much more!!!

We Never Sleep (but sometimes we have to eat, take a shower, and watch a little football)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 30 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #244

Member No.: 1,427

WAHOOOO!!! Way to go Chad on designing that TALES OF THE MACABRE # 2. Great job. Am wicked excited about this being out for Thanksgiving.
I'm also hoping we can have the Redbud Edition (which is sold on-line at (www.IndyPlanet.com) will be available along about the same time for those of you who do not live in the Ohio zone of creativity that is Springfield. biggrin.gif And please, if you didn't pick up a copy of # 1, it is up there very much still available.

Oh, and Bill, Gary Kato (of Mr.Jigsaw fame) is now busy at work on the cover for issue # 3. And Rob and I have been discussing, once 3 is printed, out and on sale, there may be a giant sized collected edition from Redbud. But again, that's still in the works.

Onwards and upwards.

ps- I love the new colored logo here.

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Oct 30 2011, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #245

Having Chad become our full time formatting guy has been one of those amazing things that has happened to us that just seemed to fall into place. Just like Jesse Noble setting us up at a table at Gem City right next to the guy (Terry Huddleston) who just happened to work for the printer we now go through and love immensely!

Glad you like the new corner box. You were one of many people (and the very first person) to suggest this change after more and more people saw the colored version done by "Knock 'Em Dead" Dan Matthews.

And it really feels good when I'm doing these updates and I can talk about stuff like....Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3...and # 4. Possible collected versions of books. Tales From The 'Field #4, Pandemonium Spotlight # 4 and #5.

We've made a lot of progress since Oct. 2009 and this upcoming year will be our best so far, mark my words.

And with that....let's continue on with the updates...so far been a very boring football afternoon.

Here is the art work for the cover of Twilight Star Team-Up #1 (not only are some of our other series racking up an impressive number of issues...we're still releasing new books for new series all the time!)

Twilight Star Team Up #1 features the story "One Night In Chicago" written by myself and Tim Hagans and featuring characters that the two of us created ...in this case Necrotrancer (who I created) and Cyber-Cat along with Zodiac (both of which Tim created). The story is illustrated by regular Necrotrancer artist James Hill and will be inked by Tim. James actually inked his own pencils for the cover seen here....now the next step is to find a colorist for the cover art.

Twilight Star Team Up #1 will also feature a back story called "Crossing Pon's Bridge"....the first page of which is seen here.

"Pon's Bridge" is written by Raichal Gladman and illustrated by Stacy Gaston. Stacy has completed all the art for the story and this ready to head off to a letterer.

"Crossing Pon's Bridge" will also run in Twilight Star Annual #2 (our "Free" book we will be passing out Free Comic Book Day 2012). Other material from Stacy will also be in TSA#2 along with work from Kevin Adkins.

Twilight Star Team-Up #1 should be out early next year.

Stacy and I will be working on another story together that will be appearing in Pandemonium Spotlight #4 (and Twilight Star Annual #2) and Tim and I are also working together on yet another project he contacted me about earlier this week, but I'll keep that one under my hat for now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #246

Here's some really great news!!!!

Lisa Moore is now the colorist for Joe Pruitt's Brit and Ivy book! Joe has been hard at work on the first issue of this upcoming, on-going series and just about has all the interior art finished. Lisa will be coloring these pages.

That;s right.....it took us three years to get here but I'm very proud to say that Brit and Ivy #1 will be our first, full length, full color comic book!

Brit And Ivy #1 will be running two different collectible covers both illustrated by Joe and colored by Lisa....the "Brit" cover.

And the "Ivy" cover.

Of course Brit and Ivy is a comic that's geared for an all age audience , one of three of this type of book coming out within the next 365 days and based on Joe's lovely daughters who appeared at Star Con " in character" and ended up winning first place in the costume contest.

Other all ages books coming out soon from Twilight Star include Lisa Moore's Faerie Stories.

And the project that hinted at earlier that Tim Hagans and I will be working on together is also geared up to be an all ages book too. That's right....the guy that wrote "Young And Wasted" will also be working on a all ages book....you heard it here first.

Hey-I want to try my hand at writing everything and when proposed the offer it was just too good to turn down. More as the project comes together......and another break.

But don't worry as Arnie was fond of saying.

"I'll Be Back"......gotta admit those Terminator movies were good clean all ages fun as well.....took Raichal to see"Judgement Day when she was two...she loved it.

No lie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #247

And speaking of Lisa Moore, when she isn't busy being rescued by those Zone 4 guys....she sometimes takes the time to color a great cover for us and she has done so yet again. This time it's the cover for the 2nd printing of Jack The Rabbit #1.

Jack The Rabbit #1 has been sold out for a few months now but I didn't want to print up more copies of the book until I made a few changes. Starting with the cover...there was aspects about the first cover I wanted to see done differently. I also wanted a consistent logo on each issue of the book, the logo has changed several times already between the very first printings of the book done way back in Nov. 2000....the recent 2010 printing and the planned printing of Jack The Rabbit #2

There was also pages including a couple of ads in the first printing of the Twilight Star version of Jack The Rabbit #1 that I wanted to remove.

So look for the 2nd printing of the book very soon....featuring the cover above done myself and colored by Lisa.

And don't worry work continues on issue #2 of the limited series , which is almost complete!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #248

Man-A LOT of great things are happening in the Pandemonium Spotlight series!

Issue #4 is almost done and the feature story of this book is called "Denial" I wrote this one, based on a short story that Raichal wrote while attending college. Stacy Gaston does the artwork, he's working on that now. Hopefully the team of Stacy on pencils, myself on inks, and Jonny Rizzo on colors will be doing the cover art.

There will also be TWO stories by Josh Brown in this book.....The Spell

....and Deer Hunter.

And starting in issue #5 of the series we're going to get away from the horror stories that have run in this book...just a little. We will be running more horror stories written by Josh Brown but TWO regular on-going stories will also start appearing in the title.

One is called TRAMA (pronounced Trauma) . This story was created by local artist Kyle Hilt who is still the artist attached to the project, but Kyle asked me to wipe the slate clean as far as the story goes and come up with something new so the two of sat down and within the span of about 12 minutes we came up with a very interesting story featuring Trama. I will be writing this and inking it as well.

The other regular feature that will start appearing in Pandemonium Spotlight as of issue # 5 is called HELL-RIDER. This is a supernatural western also written by me and illustrated by artist Will Harris.

Here is a couple of concept sketches Will has done for the characters of Night Eyes...

and the Shaman's daughter...Dawn Star (yep-she's named after my favorite member of the Legion of Super Heroes)

Will has already turned in about seven pages of great art for this ongoing feature...and just keeps drawing! He's a crazy man. I can't stop him.....and I love it! His work is perfect for this project and I'm very glad to have him involved.

Will just wants to "keep on drawing until this thing is done" and I've given me complete artistic freedom so he's been enjoying enlongating the story visually quite a bit. Once he finishes up I will divide up what he has sent me and run it a little at a time in Pandemonium Spotlight and later collect it all into one great looking book!

Still some other stuff lined up for Pandemonium Spotlight including a possible story where I would be working with Robin Humer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Oct 30 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #249

And as 2012 works it's way into the picture...many more things will be heading your way. We still hope to wrap up issue #4 of Tales From The 'Field before the end of this year....and after that look for Chad Lambert's Lost Grooves.

Plus production continues on

Un-Naturals #1
Bumtastic Four #1
WTF? #1 and...
Prodigy #1

Who says this isn't the age of Twilight Star World Domination?

Not me...that's for sure.

Until next time....

Twilight Star
Hell Yeah!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 9 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #250

Twilight Star Studios was "born" at Main Street Comics And Games in Springfield Ohio October 2009. Gary Church a local artist and Bill Gladman a local writer who was also working at the comic shop at the time had met at the shop late June of the same year and had decided to work together on a story entitled. "A Matter Of Life And Death", which was at the time slated to go into another book Bill was tied to and to be released by an entirely different publisher.

Needless to say that book never happened, but in the fallout of that non-event a later discussion between Gary and Bill again at the comic shop led to the two of them deciding to open a new local art studio ( the first such studio in Springfield since Dragonsound Studios collapsed after the death of founder Darrel Buffington in early 2000)

Immediately after starting this joint partnership Gary brought his brother Derron "Dirt" Church into the fold while Bill recruited good friend Frank Raynor. With these four "founding members" in place Twilight Star started to take it's first steps towards becoming "Springfield Ohio's Home For Creativity"

Yesterday founding member Derron Church announced his extended leave of absence from the studio in personal e-mails to both Bill and Gary. Citing a desire to focus on his home life. Derron did go on to add that he did not see this as a permanent departure and intends to return when the situation is right for him to do so.

Derron is not the first member of the studio to leave during the little more than two years that studio has been together, but his choice to exit the studio (for now at least) will be the biggest shake up to date and the one that changes things the most so far.

Derron was the writer and artist for the on-going series "Legacy" featuring characters of his creation.

Legacy appeared in every issue of Twilight Star's flagship anthology series "Tales From The 'Field" printed to this date and the first three installments of the story was reprinted in Twilight Star Annual #1 The last Legacy story by Dirt will appear in issue #4 of the series scheduled for a late 2011 release or early 2012 release.

Dirt also did finished art on "A Matter Of Life And Death" which finally saw print in Tales From The 'Field #1 July 2010.

Other studio contributions from Derron would include....

Cover Art (pencils) for Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day

Inks on Gary's pencils for the cover art of Tales From The 'Field #3

And several illustrations for the Un-Naturals Source Book including....

Moon Shadow

Epitaph

She-Wolf

And Caz

Derron was the artist working on the first issue of The Un-Naturals, written by Bill Gladman. An ongoing series still in production and that will feature these character and many others including Necotrancer. Unfortunately with Derron's leave of absence he will not be finishing the art on this book. He has turned in several pages and the book was written in "Chapters" so he has done the art for the first two chapters of issue #1.

Chapter #1 of the book features Moonshadow and was inked by Bill Gladman and lettered by Cary Kelley.

Chapter #2 of the book will feature a character Challis and currently set to be inked by Tim Hagans

We will be looking for pencilers, inkers, and letterers to help in the completion of issue #1 of the Un-Naturals and we may run this same type of technique with issue #2 as well. Each chapter is about five to six pages long and the end result would be an ongoing title with a main storyline that has an anthology feel to it.

Any creators interested in taking part in this please contact Bill at

twilightstarstudios@gmail.com

We at Twilight Star Studios wish Derron the very best, are very glad to have gotten to know him and work with him over the course of the last couple of years, and hope to get a chance to work with again in the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dirt
post Nov 10 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #251

Member No.: 19,738

Nice obituary Bill..!
But I'm not dead (yet) nor am I quiting...just taking some time off to get things situated
that I've been neglecting domesticly.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 10 2011, 04:16 PM
Post #252

Leave of absence translates roughly .....not quitting, not dead, and plans to return.

Just take care of things. You know where to find us when you're ready.

This post has been edited by G-Man: Nov 10 2011, 05:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 16 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #253

Well..it's update time and this week let's start out with this bit of news.

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2

....and Stacy Gaston's Cygann #1

...are both now set to be released in December. Sorry for the delay here, and allow me to explain. Although RFTOTM#2 has been ready to go to printer for a couple of weeks now I want to send both books to the printer, along with an order for new prints and a re-order of Price For The Asking #2 all at the same time.

It really makes sense to get all these books and prints shipped together, saves us a little money. And we're giving Chad Strohl a break from formatting Cygann #1 until after Thanksgiving so he can spend some extended time with his family.

The good news is RFTOM #2 and Cygann #1 will be releases #29 and #30 from the studio that never sleeps and will finish up our production for 2011....that's 30 books in two years and 18 in 2011 (6 more than we produced in 2010)

And don't worry you won't have to wait long for Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3....it should be out in late January. Cover art by Gary Kato has been turned in and Chris McQuaid will soon be lettering the last story needed for the book.

RFTOM# 3 is just one of several books coming out in January, a month that for whatever reason in the past Twilight Star has had problems getting books out.

And if you want more of Stacy's Cygann....look for issue #2 of that series out in February!!!!

Another delay to report-

Due to a lot of weekend production I have been unable to make it to the post office to mail the outstanding comp copies owed to a few creators. I get the Saturday of Thanksgiving off.....and the next wave of comp copies will be on their way.

After that I will wait until the Christmas mailing madness dies down to mail the next wave.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 16 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #254

Production of the Bumtasic Four has shifted into high gear with the creative team of this web comic that will become a collected comic as well as finally come together.

I'm writing this, Joe Pruitt is illustrating it, we just picked up a great colorist by the name of Mahesh Gaichor and letterer Chris McQuaid is the last addition to team B4!!!!

Here is a sneak peek of the first three installments...

Your eyes do not deceive you, this story is about four homeless people who hang out in the parking lot outside of a "certain" comic book shop...and who think they are the Fantastic Four!!!!

All will be explained by the enigmatic being known as the "Voyeur " seen here on page #1 and #2.

And that comic shop is indeed called Comic Kaze...the shop made famous from New Comic Day ( my firs venturing into the realm of web comics)

Bumtastic Four has been written out to page # 48. Once production on page #12 is finished we will start posting the strip on a couple different web sites and the series will be collected into it's own full color 24 page comic after each 24 pages are posted....there will only be four issues of the book produced.

Right now Joe is working on the art for page #10
Mahesh is coloring pages #-6
Chris is lettering pages #2-3

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 16 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #255

Work continues on Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray.

This book is scheduled for a January 2012 release as well.

New inker Ge Carratla' is moving right along and plans to have the rest of the book inked by Nov. 24th. and has recently turned in the inks for page # 5 and #6

2012 is going to be a HUGE year for Necrotrancer .......

Not only does the first issue of his ongoing series debut in January....with the awesome artwork of James Hill, Joe Pruitt, and Ge Carratla....but everybody's favorite demon hunter will be appearing regularly in two other ongoing Twilight Star series!!!

Look for Twilight Star Team-Up...

Issue #1 of this series sees Necrotrancer team up with the characters Cyber-Cat and Zodiac (created by Tim Hagans). James just turned in the first two pages of art for this book....and man is it sharp! Hope to have a preview up for you next week! Tim Hagans will be inking the team up tale and colorist Jonny Rizzo is already working at coloring the cover for the book.

Crossing Pon's Bridge by Raichal Gladman and Stacy Gaston will be a back up feature in this book.

Issue #2 of the series teams up Necrotrancer and Kevin Adkins' The Crook in a story called "Fatal Portrait" and issue #3 of the series will feature the pairing of Necrotrancer and Valentino (created by Raichal Gladman and Kyle Hilt).

PLUS- Necrotrance guest stars in issue #1 and #2 of the Un-Naturals....look for some very exciting news about this book coming very soon!

The push to make Necrotrancer and the Un-Naturals books that "make it or break it" in 2012 is on!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 16 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #256

Well Twilight Star may be the studio that never sleeps but this old man is gonna have to wrap it up for the night.....but not before a rapid fire ending!!!!

Jack The Rabbit #2 is in production right now!!!! I'm finishing up the art on the last couple of pages...Brant Fowler is producing a KILLER new logo for the book (the one seen here is not sticking around) and George Warner is lettering the first couple of pages as I type this!

And inker Liam Webb joins the creative team as of issue # 3 of this book. Watch out!

Tales From The 'Field #4 is going to wrapping up production by the end of December in the book will be out early 2012. Features a five page preview of the upcoming 64 page graphic novel "Cyber-Christ" written and illustrated by Stacy Gaston. You think Necrotrancer and the Un-Naturals are going to have big year in 2012....Stacy Gaston is going to be EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Also in TFTF #4 Derron Church's last installment of Legacy (for now at least), the newest installment of G-Code by Gary Church and Tim Hagans, a really cool one page story by MaGnUs, and two adventures of The Crook by Kevin Adkins!!!

And let's not forget Pandemonium Spotlight #4 also out early next year.....this one is going to be beauty!!!! Wait until you read "Gabriel's Last Testament" by Todd Jones and Felipe Echevarria !!!! PLUS Denial by Bill Gladman and Stacy Gaston and two stories written by Josh Brown (The Spell and Deer Hunter)

PLUS-a brand new horror anthology in the works!!!!! EVIL THINGS is coming your way....

What a great time to be a Twilight Star fan!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Nov 16 2011, 08:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 17 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #257

Typing a hundred miles an hour, inserting art, and being very tired when ones does this type of stuff equals a lot of typos!!!!

My apologies. There was a day I would go back and edit all those mistakes out of the posts......but that day is long gone.

I will try to do better next time around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 3 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #258

Short and sweet...got to get busy writing up some stories that have to be done before the weekend comes to a close!!!

Just got in from today's Twilight Star meeting over at the "main Office" (a.k.a) "Gary's Place" and I have to tell you....this was one of the best meetings.

Ever.

Energetic, productive.....it was like an early Christmas present.

Such amazing work being produced by the members of this studio at the moment. 2012 is going to be huge for Twilight Star.

I just felt so fortunate to be a part of this....and to spend three hours with some of the coolest and most talented people I know...and some of the best friends I've ever made.

In all of the various past creative ventures I've been involved with (past art studios, bands, what have you) Twilight Star has been the best, longest lasting, most positive and most productive venture to date.

Here's to never seeing it end!

With that out of the way....I'll be back in a few days with a real update and as always a typo laced breakdown of all the exciting news from the studio that never sleeps!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 3 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #259

Oh yeah-

Right before I headed home Kevin and Gary got involved with a conversation about ....of all things....this dance style called "Dub Step"

To be quite honest.....I had no clue what they were talking about, but Tim pulled up a video on his Ipod and I was AMAZED...at both the dancing skills of this gentleman and the musical mix he was dancing to.....

Never let it be said that Twilight Star has never broadened the cultural horizons of even middle aged fat vegetarians like me!!!!

If you're NOT one of the 18,000,000 people who haven't already seen this video....check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 13 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #260

Hey!!!!

Have you listened to the latest episode of RaynMan: THE ULTIMATE PODCAST yet???

If not check it out-right here!!!!!!

http://comicrelated.com/news/14359/raynman-ultimate-3

http://www.undergroundvideonetwork.com/

During the "News From The 'Field" segment of this show Frank,Brant, and I welcome Twilight Star co-founder Gary Church to take part in a great conversation that almost stays on topic!!!!

During the conversation Gary shared some very INTERESTING NEWS.....yes it's true....at this moment there are 28 Twilight Star books in production, many of which are near completion set to be released from the studio that never sleeps in 2012.

All before the end of April or the very first week of May!!!! I can't tell you how excited everybody at Twilight Star is about this fact. Everybody at the studio is busier than a bunch of elves at the North Pole plus we're working with some of the best creators in the state of Ohio, across the nation, and all around the world to produce these books.

We have released 30 books in the first two years the studio has been in existence and as we have been promising 2012 is going to be a HUGE year for Twilight Star....with the possibility of almost equaling what we've produced in two years...in just the first four months of the coming year.

Say it with me..........HELL YEAH!!!!

We know we're going to run into roadblocks, pitfalls, and bottlenecks along the way ...BUT if we can produce just half this number....14 books by April...that's still quite a feat.

Here's a complete list of the books currently being worked on........

Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray
Chad Lambert's: Lost Grooves (trade paperback)
Jack The Rabbit #1 (2nd printing)
Jack The Rabbit #2
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3
Cygann #2
Brit And Ivy #1
Lisa Moore's -Faerie Stories.
Tales From The 'Field #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #4
Un-Naturals #1
Bumtastic Four #1
Cyber-Christ (original graphic novel)
Prodigy #2
Un-Naturals-Giant Size Killers #1
Twilight Star Team Up #1
Cygann #3
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #5
Twilight Star Team Up #2
Young And Wasted (original graphic novel-in association with Studio Akumakaze)
Price For The Asking #3
Chip Skeleton's Evil Things
Anti-Humans #1
The Cowboy, The Kid, And The Samurai #1
Twilight Star Team Up #3
Tales From The 'Field #5
Twilight Star Annual #2

What a great time to be a Twilight Star creator.......
What a great time to be a Twilight Star fan!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 03:32 AM