Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hell Yeah!!!
G-Man
post Dec 13 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #261

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

And this just in!!!!!

The Star Con 2011 interviews with U.V.N!!!!!

Frank Raynor!!!!

http://blip.tv/underground-video-network/s...isode-1-5820303

Kevin Adkins and the Twilight Star Hero Clix in action!!!

http://blip.tv/underground-video-network/s...isode-2-5819481

Raichal Gladman!!!!!

http://blip.tv/underground-video-network/s...isode-3-5819211

And a full Star Con Coverage U.V.N Blitz!!!!!

http://undergroundvideonetwork.com/star_con_2011.htm

And don't miss my interview with the "REAL" Brit And Ivy coming up next Monday's episode Behind The Counter also on U.V.N!!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dirt
post Dec 14 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #262

Member No.: 19,738

QUOTE (G-Man @ Dec 13 2011, 08:45 PM) *
Hey!!!!

Have you listened to the latest episode of RaynMan: THE ULTIMATE PODCAST yet???

If not check it out-right here!!!!!!

http://comicrelated.com/news/14359/raynman-ultimate-3

http://www.undergroundvideonetwork.com/

During the "News From The 'Field" segment of this show Frank,Brant, and I welcome Twilight Star co-founder Gary Church to take part in a great conversation that almost stays on topic!!!!

During the conversation Gary shared some very INTERESTING NEWS.....yes it's true....at this moment there are 28 Twilight Star books in production, many of which are near completion set to be released from the studio that never sleeps in 2012.

All before the end of April or the very first week of May!!!! I can't tell you how excited everybody at Twilight Star is about this fact. Everybody at the studio is busier than a bunch of elves at the North Pole plus we're working with some of the best creators in the state of Ohio, across the nation, and all around the world to produce these books.

We have released 30 books in the first two years the studio has been in existence and as we have been promising 2012 is going to be a HUGE year for Twilight Star....with the possibility of almost equaling what we've produced in two years...in just the first four months of the coming year.

Say it with me..........HELL YEAH!!!!

We know we're going to run into roadblocks, pitfalls, and bottlenecks along the way ...BUT if we can produce just half this number....14 books by April...that's still quite a feat.

Here's a complete list of the books currently being worked on........

Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray
Chad Lambert's: Lost Grooves (trade paperback)
Jack The Rabbit #1 (2nd printing)
Jack The Rabbit #2
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3
Cygann #2
Brit And Ivy #1
Lisa Moore's -Faerie Stories.
Tales From The 'Field #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #4
Un-Naturals #1
Bumtastic Four #1
Cyber-Christ (original graphic novel)
Prodigy #2
Un-Naturals-Giant Size Killers #1
Twilight Star Team Up #1
Cygann #3
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #5
Twilight Star Team Up #2
Young And Wasted (original graphic novel-in association with Studio Akumakaze)
Price For The Asking #3
Chip Skeleton's Evil Things
Anti-Humans #1
The Cowboy, The Kid, And The Samurai #1
Twilight Star Team Up #3
Tales From The 'Field #5
Twilight Star Annual #2

What a great time to be a Twilight Star creator.......
What a great time to be a Twilight Star fan!!!!!

+Quote Post
Dirt
post Dec 14 2011, 09:48 AM
Post #263

Member No.: 19,738

Nice group shot there!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 19 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #264

Brit and Ivy....stars of the Brit And Ivy comic book series written and drawn by Joe Pruitt and published by Twilight Star...interviewed by the G-man on the U.V.N. site!

Check It Out!!!!

http://www.undergroundvideonetwork.com/

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 30 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #265

As I type this the last day of 2011 is only 15 minutes away.

And seeing how I haven't posted any serious Hell Yeah updates for a couple of weeks.....why don't we end the year with a BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a GREAT year for Twilight Star.....but I admit there has been some bad news mixed in with all the good news. I thought for sure we were going to release 18 books this year, our second year of production.

Turns out we are going to miss that number by two. Which means we will only have produced 16 books in 2011. A few short of what I thought we were capable of....but still four more than we produced our first year out the door back in 2010.

The two books that didn't make it this year are....

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2. The second issue of this series features three stories written by Ron (and Ron as you read these updates feel free to add some details as in regards what those stories are and the incredible artists you worked with-please. I'm going be typing like a crazy fool to get through all this info)

and...

Cygann #1...the first in a new series written and illustrated by Stacy Gaston, lettered by George Warner, and colors on the cover by Dan Matthews.

The reason these books feel behind are....well....Ron's book has been ready to go to the printer since early November....I wanted to wait to send the order in until I could send in the whole order....to save money on shipping. The whole order not only included RFTOTM #2 but of course Cygann #1, a re-order of Price for The Asking #2, and several prints.

But there was a slight hold up while the creative team on Cygann went over several different logo options for the book.

That was taken care of by early December. The books were ready to go to the printer now, right?

Not really.....about that time I started to have computer problems and couldn't send ANYTHING to the printer!!!!! And despite the best efforts of a couple of good friends (including Twilight Star brother at arms Tim Hagans) the problem wasn't going away.

And I guess Santa didn't think I was good enough to get a new computer for Christmas.

BUT....seeing how our printer (RINK PRINTING-THE BEST INDIE COMIC PRINTER IN THE WORLD) (check them out-http://www.rinkprinting.com/ ) is so DAMN cool...I was able to work out an alternate way to send files in to them...and the order for RFTOM #2 and Cygann #1 went in today!!!!!

Should be here in a couple of weeks...which good news is...this is the first year Twilight Star has been able to produce books in the month of January. I guess that's one good way to look at it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #266

What did the studio that never sleeps get out the door in 2011?

A quick flashback for you.

Un-Naturals Source Book-(1st printing) March

Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day (Gem City Edition) April
This book was magna size and had black and white interior art work.

Necrotrancer Sketchbook-April

Pandemonium Spotlight #1 (2nd printing) April

The first time this book featured a color cover (colored by Oscar Pena)...and with a new story by Kevin Adkins

Pandemonium Spotlight #2-April

Tales From The 'Field #3-April

Twilight Star Annual #1-May

Our Free Comic Book Day book-which featured the best of Twilight Star 2010

Prodigy #1 (2nd printing)-May

This version was re-edited but unfortunately with the back over art by Oscar Pena eliminated....just makes the first printing that much more collectible! Right?

Price For The Asking #1-May

Tales From The 'Field #2 (2nd printing)-August

With a re-colored cover by Jonny Rizzo and two new stories, one by Tony Doug Wright and the other by Gary Church and that Gladman ****er.

Un-Naturals Source Book(2nd printing) -August

Re-edited, printed on higher quality paper stock which enhanced interior art, and the cover was re-colored by Lisa Moore (who also colored the cover for the first printing but she thought she could do it better...and she was right!) (the first cover was still good though....)

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #1-August

Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day (Champion City Edition)-September
This time the book was full comic book size and featured full color interior art with a few other changes and a complete re-edit.

Pandemonium Spotlight #3-September

Pandemonium Spotlight Annual #1-September
Limited Edition Run-featuring all the stories I wrote for the series that ran in 2010

Price For The Asking #2-October

Other note worthy 2011 thingies-

The studio was featured in a three page article in the local paper.
Officially launched our own convention-Star Con-with our second year anniversary
Had three of our original characters developed into playable Hero Clix figures.

Did really well at Gem City, Derby City, and especially at Champion City
Released seven different Twilight Star collectible trading cards (four of which are seen here)

produced a series of very high quality prints through Rink Printing....

....two of our creators had a close run in with the "Big Time"

Produced the coolest damn t-shirts that can be bought (and they keep selling out)

And established our first retail hub at Main Street Comics and Games!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

I'll call that a damn good year.....but we are going to blow 2011 out of the water in the upcoming year....bet your bottom dollar!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #267

What does Twilight Star have planned for 2011? You're not going to believe it. Quite honestly we can't believe it. I remember when Stacy Gaston and I entered a certain contest I told everybody at the very next studio meeting these exact words...

"if either one of us can just crack the top 20 with this damn thing it's gonna mean a lot good things for this studio"

And I believed every word of it...I think everybody did. But I didn't expect for those words to really come true. But it happened!

And good things have come our way.

Big Time.

Recently Frank and I have been adding a News From The 'Field segment to our RaynMan podcast....and even more recently studio co-founder Gary Church appeared on the show as part of this segment. During that appearance Gary mentioned something we went over at one of our meetings.

At the time we recorded that podcast was recorded Twilight Star had 28 books in production thanks largely to several artists, inkers, and letterers who wanted to work with us after seeking us out after the news broke about the whole Stan Lee/MTV thing.

And credit where credit is due Captain Ron has been our number one fan and has been preaching the Twilight Star gospel both far and why which has resulted in quite a few incredible and very talented people coming our way as well.

So there's a LOT of different people all over the country...Hell....all over the world working on Twilight Star books right now!

But 28 books! People just couldn't wrap their heads around that number.

Well I'm here to set the record straight.....it's not really 28 books.

It's actually 32 books. All of which COULD be done by May 2012 at the pace current production on these titles are going.

Even if we only get half that number out.....for the whole year.....that would be great but right now the possibility of three new books each month of 2012 looks VERY attainable.

It's a MAKE IT OR BREAK IT year at Twilight Star....and we're going on a ROCK-N-ROLL HELL RIDE (more on that in the first Diary of a Gladman blog post of 2012 coming VERY SOON!)

Tell you what....lets look at just SOME of the books that are well on their way to the finish line.

Here
We
Go....

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #268

Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray

This book is in the finishing stages-RIGHT NOW!!!! And will be the first book in our Rock-N-Roll Hell Ride line of books which include all Necrotrancer books, all Un-Naturals books, and Twilight Star Team Up.

Shades Of Gray features cover art by James Hill, Joe Pruitt, and Lisa Moore with logo design by Stephen Brewington.

Story written by me, pencils by James Hill, inks by Joe Pruitt and Ge Carralatta'.

The book will be lettered by top notch letterer Chris Mc Quaid and also will feature "The Journal Of Jacob Shade" as a regular back up story bonus.

It's demon hunting adventure at it's best...coming VERY SOON!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #269

Let's stay on the Rock-N-Roll Hell Ride for just a little bit. I'm really excited about that line of books, just in case you couldn't tell.

Another book in this line will be a BRAND NEW Un-Naturals series that we just put together called Un-Naturals:Creatures Of The Night. The idea for this book came about when the original artist for the Un-Naturals on-going series (Derron "Dirt" Church) had to leave the book behind.

Dirt had turned in some great work that I wanted to use...but when I had to find a new artist for the series (and man was there a lot of people interested in that gig...) the guy I decided to go with (see next post) wanted to start the entire book over and I admit his idea made a lot of sense.

But I still wanted to use Dirt's pages...and there were all these other guys that wanted to draw Un-Naturals stories...so Creatures Of The Night was born.

The book will feature several "solo" stories that features various cast members from the Un-Naturals books. Issue #1 of the series will feature some of the original pages that Dirt drew for the series...that I inked...and Cary Kelley (of Fallen Justice fame) lettered.

Here is a sneak peek of the cover art of the first issue, illustrated and colored by French artist Arno Deltoro

This is Challis...one of the most popular characters in the Un-Naturals. She will be appearing in Creatures Of The Night....a lot. As well as Moon Shadow (the leader of the Un-Naturals who is featured in the pages that Dirt worked on for issue #1.

That story is entitled "A Secret Place" ....Challis has the ten page feature story in the book drawn by Stacy Gaston entitled "If You Want Blood" and Moon Shadow will appear again in a second story called "Hollywood Black" with art by Ed Cotugno and inked by Liam Webb.

Issue #2 of the series is already in the works and will feature another cover by Arno (already turned in) and this time it has Albatross in the spotlight...another member of the Un-Naturals. Arno really wanted to work with her seeing how the character is FRENCH.

Challis is back in issue #2 as well.....she will be in two stories one called "Christian Woman" with art by Derron Church (more of those original pages, these time inked by Liam Webb). Challis will also have the feature story (probably will in every book) and Stacy Gaston is not only doing the art for the feature story again...he helped me write this one! (oh yeah Stacy can write -more on that later). And I'd like to throw in an Albatross story (seeing how she is on the cover)

And...there's an issue #3 in the works....will Arno be back for the cover of that one...not sure yet.

Stacy is back for another Challis feature story called "Looking Down The Cross" and there's a story featuring two of the "bad guys" from the Un-Naturals in this book as well.

That's right the heroes in the Un-Naturals are vampires, werewolves, and animated dead guys....and the bad guys are really something to be afraid of.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 01:03 AM
Post #270

As for the Un-Naturals series itself.....I'd like to welcome new artist D..F.Cole aboard the Crazy Train. D.F. loved the concept behind the book and the characters and really impressed me with his art and work ethic.

He knocked the first few pages in no time flat!

Here is a sneak peek of page #2 of the brand new art for the Un-Narturals....in production right now!

Ge Carralta' will be inking Mr. Cole's pencils on this book, and man I can't wait to see those pages start coming in!

No letter or cover art attached to the book at the moment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #271

Boy-

Has two hours really passed since I started to work on this?

Better wrap it up and call it a night...but don't worry I'll be back tomorrow with details about the other books in production RIGHT NOW.....including

Twilight Star Team Up #1
Twilight Star Team up #2
Twilight Star Team Up #3
Tales From The 'Field #4
Cygann #2
Cygann #3
Jack The Rabbit #1 (2nd printing)
Jack The Rabbit #2
Cyber Chirst
The Cowboy , The Kid, And The Samurai #1
Brit And Ivy #1
Faerie Stories
Anti-Humans #1
Pandemonium Spotlight #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #5
Chip Skeleton's Evil Things #1
Prodigy #2
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #4
Bumtastic Four #1
Twilight Star Annual #2
Price For The Asking #3

Twilight Star

We Never Sleep (but we do have to check our eyelids for cracks every once and a while)

Hell Yeah!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #272

UGGGHHH.

I'm awake.

Almost.

And it looks as if I was starting to fall asleep last night as I typed that round of updates. They had a generous share of world famous G-Man forum post typos.

Sorry about that. I will try better to eliminate them as I go when I get a chance to work more on the remaining updates later today while the wife is at work.

Have a few other things I need to take care of before then. But I will be back. Got a lot I want to share with everybody.

In the mean time I felt really crappy for not having a complete list of all the talented creators readily available last night that worked so hard with Ron and I to make Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2 such a GREAT BOOK...so I really wanted to make up for that before I did anything else this morning....and this was the quickest, best way I came up with to do just that.

The inside cover and table of contents for issue #2

See you soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #273

I forgot!

My wife had to go to work early today so I get to head to the "office" earlier than expected.

But still have a couple other things to attend to first.

In the mean while, before I come back and pick up where I left off last night.....I also wanted to mention as seen by the above peek of the front inside cover of RFTOTM #2 we have changed the inside covers for all the books we will produce in year three of the Twilight Star World Conquest Plan .

The new design incorporates the same design of one of most recent and most popular t-shirts, it's simple and to the point.

Everybody at Twilight Star feels that the third year of production from the studio is going to be very important and we wanted to do something that indicates to readers exactly what books were produced during that third year and this is what we came up with.

ROFTM #2 and Cygann #1 were the first two books to use this concept.....here is the front inside cover from Cygann #1

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #274

Okay I'm back.....freshly showered, charged up with some brand new Megadeth (which kicks much ass.....best album of the year!!!! Check out the most recent Diary of a Gladman blog post for other things that really kicked ass in 2011)....got some Pepsi Maxx pumping through me and the room is full of incense......and we're right back where we left off last night.....taking a little Rock-N-Roll Hell Ride!!

Skipped over a couple of details about the Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night series.....

First here's a look at the cover for issue #2, again by Arno Deltoro and featuring the character Albatross.

The Albatross story in this book is called "Black Swan" and right now I'm looking for an artist to handle the pencils on this seven page tale.

As mentioned Challis is set to be back in issue #2....the next picture is an early Challis concept sketch done by Price for The Asking artist Brian Latimer (who will also be having some work in Ron Foriter's Tales Of The Macabre #3) and I thought I'd throw in it here....I always liked it....

Challis appears in a story entitled "Christian Woman" (art by Derron Church and Liam Webb) but will also be in the feature story called "The Last In Line" co-written and illustrated by Stacy Gaston.

A third story featuring Necrotrancer's son is in the works with pencils by Don Dunco.....this story was originally called "Separation Anxiety" but has since been changed to "Strange Highways"

Raichal Gladman will be inking Don's pencils for that story.

This post has been edited by G-Man: Dec 31 2011, 10:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #275

We're going to wrap up the Rock-N-Roll Hell Ride by discussing a new series called Twilight Star Team Up. Each issue of this book will feature the "teaming up" of Necrotrancer with other characters created by other members of Twilight Star Studios.

The book will also allow different creators to also team-up with these stories.

And at the moment there are three issues of Twilight Star Team Up being produced. Each of these stories are stand alone tales (and some books do have back up material that does not feature Necrotrancer but does feature some kind of "Twilight Star Team Up")

I have these listed as Twilight Star Team Up #1-3 but the order in which they are released may change (#2 may become #1 or something like that, depending which book gets finished first)

Right now this is how things are going-

Twilight Star Team-up #1

The feature story of this book teams Necrotrancer with two characters created by Tim Hagans....Cyber-Cat and Zodiac.

The cover art is penciled and inked by James Hill....

...and currently being colored by Jonny Rizzo. Jonny is also designing the logo for this book. After seeing the first couple pages of art by James Hill (who also does the art for the Necrotrancer books) , all Jonny could say was "Necrotrancer is a bad ass! I love this guy!!!"

I have to agree...and I hope a lot of people love this guy.

Here's a look at page two of the feature story in the book and some of the art James is producing for it.

The feature story is called "One Night In Chicago" and Tim Hagans (who also plotted the story with me) will be inking the story, no letterer attached to it as of yet. One Night In Chicago is sixteen pages long....so there there will be an unrelated back up story in this book called "Crossing Pon's Bridge"

This story "teams up" writer Raichal Gladman with artist Stacy Gaston....it's an edgy science fiction piece. The art for the story is complete and as soon as I get the final edit from Raichal the story is off to letterer Chris Mc Quaid.

Here is a look at some of the art for "Crossing Pon's Bridge"

Issue #2 of Twilight Star Team Up is a full 24 page story which teams up Necrotrancer with the character Valentino (created by Raichal Gladman and Kyle Hilt) and also features the first appearance of a character named Kutlass (also created by Raichal and Kyle).

Raichal and I wrote this story Thanksgiving night and it's called "Kiss Your Past god-Bye" and features a very talented artist by the name of Rafael Carrasco. Raf was one of the artists interested in drawing anything that had to do with the Un-Naturals and quickly drew up some stuff featuring everybody's favorite demon hunter, Necrotrancer and sent it to me to check out.

I loved his work..and a bunch of other stuff he sent me...and he easily got this gig...it was a no-brainer.

Raf is already way ahead on schedule on the book and has turned in several pages of art. Raf is doing all the art on this (including inking and gray tomes) and he is lettering it as well.

Here is a look at the finished page #1 of "Kiss Your Past Good-Bye"

Issue #3 of Twilight Star Team Up will feature a story where Necrotrancer teams up with The Crook (created by Kevin Adkins). The story is called "Fatal Portrait" and Kevin and I will be writing it together and the two of us will be working on the art on this one together. With the help of an "old friend" if Kevin can pull it off....very excited about that possibility!!!

There will be a back up feature in this book that teams up the Crook with another Twilight Star Character.....G-Man!!!! (no not me but the character that Gary Church already had named G-Man...before he met me...how's that for fate working in strange ways?)

Both of these stories will be 12 pages long and of course the Crook and G-Man story will team up Kevin and Gary who will also be doing the cover art!

Hell Yeah!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Dec 31 2011, 11:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #276

And speaking of Gary Church's "G-Man" and Kevin Adkins and The Crook...let's talk a little about the Twilight Star flagship title....

TALES FROM THE 'FIELD!!!!!

Issue #4 of this series is in the works right now and will feature TWO "feature stories".

A seven pager featuring the Crook by Kevin...the Crook also appears on the cover, illustrated by Kevin...

...I'm really hoping to get Jonny Rizzo to color this cover. The plan is to color everything on the cover....except The Crook himself who will remain painted in the original grey tones Kevin has here.

The "other" feature story in TFTF #4 will be part two of Gary Church's G-Code epic....seven pages of story and art by Gary.

G-Code will also be inked by Tim Hagans (Tim's first shot on working on this title).....TFTF has always been the one book that features the most different talent from the studio from several different creators and this one is jammed pack with Twilight SUPERstars.

Besides Gary, Kevin, and Tim ....Stacy Gaston shows up in TFTF for the first time as well with a five page preview of his upcoming 64 page original graphic novel called Cyber-Christ.

Stacy does all the writing and art for Cyber-Christ.

Cyber-Christ is currently being re-lettered by George Warner (the five page preview is finished). George also letters Stacy's Cygann series. And is the letterer working with me on the Jack The Rabbit limited series.

Derron Church's last installment (for now) of Legacy will also be in this book. Legacy was been in every issue of TFTF so far and I hate to see it go, but we're all hoping that Dirt comes back "home "soon". Legacy will be lettered by MaGnUs......who actually has an one page story in this book as well that he wrote!

Pretty solid issue of TFTF....even if Frank and I are not in it.....don't worry we're be back in issue #5....poor Gary has to draw a story for both of us!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #277

You want more Stacy Gaston......you got more Stacy Gaston!!!!!

Not only is the first issue of Stacy's Cygann series about to be released.....issues # 2 and #3 are already finished art wise and ready to go....at least as far as the interior art goes.

Once again Stacy does all the story and art, George Warner will be doing the lettering and the last time I checked Stacy and Dan are still planning to work together on the covers.

Stacy has been one of the most talented creators in Springfield FOR YEARS and our paths have crossed several times in the past. We worked together in Dragonsound Studios and with Zonetrooper Megazine...and I can't tell you how excited I am to see Stacy get the attention for his hard work that he's always deserved.

Not only is Cygann well on it's way.....(there could be five issues of this book out by the end of the year)...as mentioned earlier Stacy has a 64 page original graphic novel (Cyber-Christ)....done! All it needs is to be re-lettered and a color cover! George is already lettering it five pages at a time in between other stories.

PLUS-Stacy is already talking about illustrating another 64 page graphic novel that I wrote and has been wasting away waiting for an artist for about four years now.....

In the mean time Stacy has worked with me on "Denial" and with Raichal on "Crossing Pon's Bridge" and the two of us are working on the Challis feature stories in Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night!!!

The guy is a BEAST!!!!!

Stacy Gaston is going to SLAY 2012.....for real!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #278

Hey-

Where did I put my fuzzy green bunny?

Oh Here he is!!!!! Jack The Rabbit in the HOUSE!!!!

Jack The Rabbit #1(2nd printing) featuring the new cover by myself and Lisa Moore should be out very soon....just going through some final editing.

The three issue limited series will feature a brand new and uniform HARD ROCK Jack The Rabbit logo designed by Brant Fowler inspired by the famous DIO logo.

Dio and his music and lyrics has always been a huge inspiration for my Jack The Rabbit material and Brant has done a great job with the logo (wish I could show it to you but I don't have the "RABBIT" part of it yet, but it's coming!)

It rocks! This new logo will be on all three Jack The Rabbit covers for the comic book series and will also be on the Jack The Rabbit novels (yeah believe it or not I'm still working on those-sometimes)

Issue #2 features a kick ass cover that I enlisted the help of Joe Pruitt who inked my pencils and Lisa again who colored it!

Issue #2 is almost done. Actually the book has been done since 2001!!!! But I never released it until now...the art and story is by me...and I did replace the last six pages of art with brand new art work ( I got a little better in ten years)

The original hand lettering was TERRIBLE and THANKFULLY letterer George Warner has replaced all of that. Just the new pages need lettered now.

Working with George on the Jack The Rabbit books has been great!!! I wanted to have a special tribute page in issue #2 to honor the memory of Ronnie James Dio who passed away in 2010.

Turns out George is a huge Ronnie James Dio fan too!!!! He too has met Dio a couple of times!!!! He too is a song writer and bass player....I think some of Ronnie's magic is still hanging around helping me to get these books out (Ronnie and I have talked about Jack a lot and he was huge fan...one of my biggest regrets in life will always be the fact I never got this stuff done in time for him to see it completed).

Anyway....here is the Dio tribute page that George and I put together for Jack The Rabbit #2

Jack The Rabbit #3 (which I HOPE to have out by the end of 2012) will conclude all the events that take place in the first chapter of the first novel....in comic book format. From that point on it's all prose form in the novels.

Issue #3 will be written by me and feature 24 pages of all new Jack The Rabbit art penciled by me (for the first time in decades). Liam Webb will be inking my pencils on that book and making them look like real art.

I hope to keep George on the book as letterer, and Joe and Lisa will hopefully be helping me with the cover art as well.

I love ol' Jacky boy and can't wait to conclude this limited series and start devoting more time to the novels.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #279

Why don't we keep talking about fuzzy critters............

In 2010 Tim Hagans released an ashcan version of a story he has been working on for some time called The Cowboy, The Kid, and The Samurai.

The story was written by Tim in prose form with art by Tim with some help from Gary Church. The book actually did quite well at Champion City 2010.

But the ashcan only covered a small portion of Tim's story , and recently Tim decided to approach me about scripting the tale to a comic book format. I agreed....very quickly. I've known Tim for a good number of years now and always liked these characters that he has come up with.

I quickly knocked out the first seven pages (of what Tim and I decided would be a five issue limited series ) and had a lot of fun with it. Until my computer took a crap. Things became stalled and I quickly fell behind on other writing assignments where artists were waiting for stories...had to get those out...but now I'm ready to start scripting Cowboy again.

Tim is also going to be inking the pencils for this series.

Tim should have a finished script for issue #1 by next week....no artist has committed to the project yet, but one very talented fellow is interested in the script for issue #1 when I'm finished....and Tim and I have worked with him before....and would love to work with again.

More on this as it develops.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #280

More fuzzy creatures!!!!????

You bet!!!

The creative team of the Anti-Humans.....Raichal and Brandon....seen here at Champion City 2011..

are hard at work on issue #1 of the book. Raichal had prints of the major characters of the story illustrated and colored by Brandon available at Star Con at Main Street Comics And Games this past October.

The original story (or the first installment of it ) written by Raichal appeared in prose form with no art in Zonetrooper Megazine issue #0 way back in 2007 (we gave away 100 copies of that book at Mid-Ohio Con that year ...which also featured the first two chapters of my Book Of Noheim novel)

Raichal is very excited to have to chance to revisit this tale with the help of such an incredible artist like Brandon, who may be getting some help inking his pencils by another Twilight Star studio member who's pretty good at inking fuzzy critters.

Although Anti-Humans is a animorphic title....it's got a hard edge to it. These "critters" don't play nice at times.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 09:52 AM