17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hell Yeah!!!
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #281

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

You know who does play nice....most of the time?

Brit And Ivy...that's who.

Writer/Artist/Letterer and just plain Creator type guy Joe Pruitt hopes to have issue #1 of this series (inspired by his two daughters)

...finished before Gem City 2012 in late March. Here is a look at one of the pages of finished art for the book.

The book will have two variant covers, both colored by Lisa Moore.

Lisa is actually coloring the entire book making it the first full color full length standard comic produced by Twilight Star!

Twilight Star does have the reputation (my fault) of being a gritty, Rate R type studio full of demons and bad mouthed meat eating man sized green rabbits. But we are trying to create several all ages books....Brit and Ivy being one of those books. Tim Hagans' Cowboy, The Kid , And The Samurai is another of those books.....and yet another book...also in full color....is another of the books as well.

Faerie Stories (Gee I hope I got that title right...I have a hard time remembering if it's "Stories" or "Tales") written and colored by the super talented goddess of hue, Lisa Moore is near completion and this beautiful full color magna sized book should be out very soon.

I'm not sure but I think Brant Fowler is lettering this.

AND we just added another all ages title....from a very talented creator who everybody should know...who lives in Hawaii (that's the only clue you get for the moment). I'll share more info on this book...book # 32 currently in production...in a few more weeks.

Who says Twilight Star doesn't offer all ages material.....we're proud to say we do it all!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #282

Let's see here....

Full color....check.

Joe Pruitt art...check.

But not exactly all ages.......and it's PROBABLY because that Gladman guy is writing it......we must be talking about The Bumtastic Four!

Joe just completed the pencils for pages #11 and #12 of this web comic (if we ever get our own web site up-our ever constant road block)....hopefully we will...and hopefully this comic strip (which will eventually be collected into it's own full color comic book) may find a home here at Comic Related or U.V.N until then.

Here's a look at the pencils for page # 11

As soon as this story (about four homeless people who hang out in front of a local comic book shop and think they are the Fantastic Four) has all 12 of the first pages inked, colored, and lettered this baby is ready to launch through the ....cosmic rays (I guess)

Joining Joe and myself on this misadventure is colorist Mahesh Gaicor (who is currently coloring pages #4-6) and letterer Chris McQuaid (I don't know how I talked him into lettering this thing but I'm glad I did).

Chris has already lettered pages # 1-3

And just because I'm feeling nice today, the last day of the year......for the first time ANYWHERE....the very first page of the Bumtastic Four.....completed.

More to come!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #283

What else is Bill Gladman and Joe Pruitt working together on? Well that would be.......

As soon as I wrap up the art on the final pages of Jack The Rabbit #2 I'm back to penciling the long awaited 2nd issue of this series. Joe Pruitt will be inking my pencils so it looks like real art.....no letterer attached to the next issue yet.

But It looks like the art team that worked on the cover for issue #1

..will be back!!!

Oscar Pena and Chad Strohl will be doing the cover for issue #2. Chad has said he's interested in doing more color work like this for us (Chad is also currently formatting all our books for the printer for us....thanks Chad!)

I just very recently talked to artist Oscar Pena and he's on board to do the art for cover of issue #2.

YeeeeHaaaWWWWWWW!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #284

Now for something completely different!

How about a little Pandemonium Spotlight? Issues # 4 and #5 of Twilight Star's first horror anthology are pretty much wrapped up.

Issue #4 will feature a cover by Stacy Gaston.....who does the art for one of the stories in the book called "Denial"...written by me and inspired by a short story Raichal wrote while in college. Here's a look at one of the pages of art for this nine page story (which Stacy has already turned in)

Chris McQuaid is attached as the letterer to this story.

Also in issue # 4 an incredible WW II tale by artist Felipe Echevarria and writing partner Todd Jones entitled Gabriel's Last Testament.

Here's a look at page #1 of that story....with text.

Look for more from these two in the near future!

Finishing up the fourth issue of this series are two stories written by Josh Brown (FINALLY...thanks for not giving up on me Josh!)

One called Deer Hunter...

and another one called The Spell...

Issue #5 of Pandemonium Spotlight is a HUGE issue as I launch TWO ongoing horror stories that will run regularly in the title.

The first is a supernatural western called "Hell Rider" which I'm working with talented artist Will Harris.....here is a page of Will's artwork.

Also set to launch in issue #5 is "Trama" a science fiction/war/horror story written by me, penciled by Kyle Hilt and inked by Raichal. Raichal is set to start inking those pages soon.

And there will be one more (if not two more) horror stories by Josh Brown in this book (I have several of his twisted tales locked away in the Pandemonium vault)

Even work on issue # 6 of Pandemonium Spotlight is about to begin as I have been fortunate enough to talk Felipe Echevarria
into working on the very special feature story of that issue with me. This story is about the circumstances surrounding my father's death and it's called "Behind The Wall Of Sleep" it's kind of "A Christmas Carol" and "Meet Joe Black" type of tale. I hope to have the finished script to Felipe by the end of this weekend.

All this adds up to a lot of choice material for Pandemonium Spotlight Annual #2 (one of THREE annuals that Twilight Star will be producing this year).

Felipe is also doing the cover for PSA #2 and has already turned in the sketch concept behind the cover....here it is.

Boo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Dec 31 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #285

Member No.: 1,427

I'm speechless!!! So much comic goodness coming 2012 from the little comic company that could not be stopped!!! Wahoooo!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #286

Of course Pandemonium Spotlight isn't the only horror anthology from Twilight Star...we have three! (Yes I said three...more on that later).

The second longest running horror anthology from the studio that never sleeps is...

With issue #2 of this series on it's way to the printer this very week issue #3 of the series won't be very far behind!

It's almost done.....already! And every issue of this book gets better and better!!!!

Ron has given me permission in the past to "do whatever you want to promote these books" so get ready for a RFTOM Tidal Wave!!!!

Here's an early look of the cover art for issue #3...by Mr. Jigsaw artist Gary Kato......who lives in Hawaii (wink)

In issue #3....

Rent A Body.....

Pencils by Hoyt Silva, inks by Luis Alonso (issue #3 is a special ALL Luis spotlight as he inks every story in the book.)
Letters by Chris McQuaid.

Scarecrow Scares

I'm sorry Ron...the artist here is slipping my mind ...damn!!! Jesus Varquez...is that right?
Luis inks it....Mike Rickaby lettered it and adds gray tones.

Matilda...(one of my favorite tales from the Captain)

Blanking on the artist on this one too...but I love his work!!! (I promise to come back later and fill in the gaps)

Luis is here again...and this one is lettered by MaGnUs.

Last story in the book is a WWII horror tale (the Captain loves to write WWII horror tales) called Rats

and I DO REMEMBER who drew this one! It's our good pal Brain Latimer...with inks by (say it with me) LUIS!!!!!
letters and gray tones by Mike Rickaby.

That takes care of issue #3...but Ron's got enough stuff for two more books already!!!!

Stories like Deadline (which previously ran in Pandemonium Spotlight #3) with artist Rob Davis! (sorry no preview art for Deadline on file-how the Hell did that happen?)

Smuggler's Lament with artist Brian Level and letterer Chris McQuaid

Werewolf Hunter with Rob Davis.....hey I do have sample art for that one!!!

And two tales drawn by Gary Kato....

The Lady and The Lion...

and the sultry Blood Red Lips...

But wait!!!!! There's more!!!!!!! Ron's got at LEAST three more stories in production for RFTOTM RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Ron Fortier Never Sleeps!!!!!!

All this adds up to TWO THINGS.....Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre Annual #1, a selected group of stories from the first three issues of RFTOTM released through Twilight Star later this year (well next year).....and a COMPLETE COLLECTED EDITION OF RON FORTIER'S TALES OF THE MACABRE collecting EVERY story printed in the first few issues of RFTOTM in 2012 as well published through Red Bud Studios.

Whew!!!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Jan 1 2012, 06:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #287

Wait a minute....did I say we have three horror anthologies coming out through Twilight Star?

I think I did...and the last one...the newest one to be added to the fold..is going to scare the crap out of you!

Get ready for Chip Skeleton's Evil Things!!!!!

The above scene is from a story called Sweet Ellie Sue...(I think that's right) It's an AWESOME story. Chip does some very good werewolf stories...trust me.

Actually everything that Chip writes is pretty damn good! And he has a knack of hooking up with some very talented artists.....which produces some great stories that will leave you crying for more....right after you wet your pants.

Chip has enough material for the first issue already and is putting it together. He thinks he even has enough for a second issue, after that.....the Devil is supposed to drop by and give him a ride back home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #288

You know that Ron Fortier guy I was talking about earlier....well he and I work on another comic together called...

....with our good pal Brant Fowler who letters the comic for us. I know Simon hasn't been around lately but we haven't forgotten about him....as a matter of fact issue # 3 of PFTA is production right now.

The story, which when finished will be featured as a weekly web comic here on Comic Related before being collected into it's own book is called Man Of Ash and I write the first 12 pages of this one.....and then Ron picks it up with no real clues to where I was going and writes the next 12 pages to conclude the story.

The artist on Man Of Ash is Hamza Pecenkovic and his pencils are being inked by Mike Rickaby who is also adding gray tones....here's a sneak peek or two.

Page #1 Man Of Ash

and a another sample from later in the same story....

At the same time Hamza and Mike are working on Man Of Ash....original PFTA artist Brian Latimer is working on "Boys Of Summer" a short Simon Pryce piece that gets him fired up to do the fourth story arc...."Motor City Madhouse" which is already written and waiting for him (although I have been thinking about changing the ending)

So never fear Detroit's toughest private detective is still on the case!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Dec 31 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #289

That should take us up to around May 2012.....FREE COMIC BOOK DAY and Twilight Star Annual #2 featuring Kevin Adkins, Stacy Gaston, and Raichal Gladman just to name a few!

Come out and pick up your FREE copy of the book at either Main Street Comics And Games, Super Fly Comics And Games, or Comic Town!!!

See you there!!!

(is it 2012 yet? feel like I've been typing for three weeks!!!!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 1 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #290

Wowser, G-Man, way to go with the super cool promotions. Okay, artist credits.
Penciler on The Scarecrow Scares is Jesus Marquez,
Penciller on Matilda is Emil Koepcke
Rock Baker penciled Werewolf Hunter, with Rob Davis handling inks and letters.

and Rats is a World War One setting, amigo, in the trenches of France. No trenches in World War Two amigos. By then we had foxholes.

Captain Ron wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Jan 1 2012, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 1 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #291

Thanks for the assist on the art credit info, Captain!

Sorry I got my WW's mixed up (Doh!)

First day of 2012 has been great as for Twilight Star!!! Since posting theses updates the Hell Yeah forum has SAILED over 22,000 hits.....considering this forum has only been up since August 2010 that means about 1,400 people a month are checking out what Twilight Star has to offer! And that makes this forum thread one of the most frequently visited spots on the CR web site!!!

Also artist James Hill has turned in four more pages of pencil art for the One Night In Chicago story that will be featured in Twilight Star Team Up since these last updates.

AND THEY LOOK GREAT!!!!

I've been impressed with Mr. Hill's art since I first saw it and he gets better with every page he turns in.

I'll share one of these pages in the next round of updates. Tim will start inking these as soon as he and Gary wrap up production of the second part of Gary's G-Code story that appears in Tales From The 'Field #4

And I want to invite everybody to drop by the Diary Of A Gladman blog later tonight to check out my first blog there for 2012 as I go into more detail about the Rock-N-Roll Hell Ride line of titles from Twilight Star!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 1 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #292

My first Diary Of A Gladman blog post is live...and I'm talking about about blood, bullets and rock-n-roll as I take a good long look at the Rock-N-Roll Hell ride line of comics produced by Twilight Star!

http://diaryofagladman.wordpress.com/

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 11 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #293

As mentioned in the previous post, since the last round of Hell Yeah updates things have been moving along at break neck speed.....lettered pages have been turned in...pencil art for over 14 pages has been turned in.

Scripts are being edited, pages continue to be lettered and inked. Completed covers have been turned in while other covers are being worked on.

Had our first Twilight Star meeting for the year 2012 and I was able to share some interesting facts with everybody as well as some great plans for the new year.

Everybody was pleasantly surprised to learn that since the studio was founded in late 2009 we have not only released 30 comics consisting of over 10 different titles....many of which are closing in on issue # 5 and or issue #6 (we believe when a local indie creator can print five to six consistent issues of a series that is when the fans and retail outlets start to consider you a "serious" creator....and we are proud to say we have FOUR different titles closing in on that benchmark...and already have had one title reach that point).....BUT we have produced 1,700 copies of all our various books!

I was able to share a list of the top ten highest sellers with everybody and it was amazing to see the various types of books that have sold well.

Cosmic heroes, detective stories, action/adventure, open end anthologies, horror anthologies, and all age material. Even a "reference book". Having so many different kinds of talented creators has really paid off.

Here's a look at the Twilight Star Top Ten

Prodigy #1
Written and Illustrated by Bill Gladman
Lettered and formatted by Rick Berry
Cover Art and logo by Oscar Pena
Cover Color Art by Chad Strohl
released Nov-2009

This book was Twilight Star's fastest sell-out (1st printing sold out in two weeks) and is currently in it's 2nd printing.

Brit And Ivy Special Edition #1
By Joe Pruitt
With additional story written by Tony Doug Wright
Cover art and logo-Joe Pruitt
released Oct. 2009

Currently in it's fourth printing.

The Un-Naturals Source Book
Text by Bill Gladman
Edited by Raichal Gladman
Art by-Derron Church, Brian Latimer, Bill Gladman, Chad Strohl, Oscar Pena, Sean Forney, Dan Matthews, Raichal Gladman,
Gary Church, Brant Fowler, Josh Warner, and Mike Watson
Cover Art-Gary Church and Joe Pruitt
Cover Colors-Lisa Moore
Logo and book formatting-Joe Pruitt
released March 2010

2nd printing of this book has recently sold out.

Did Somebody Call For A Hero: Hero Of The Day
Story by Frank Raynor and Bill Gladman
Interior art, lettering, and colors by Chad Strohl
Cover Art by Derron Church and Tim Hagans
Cover Colors-Jonny Rizzo
Logo and book formatting-Chad Strohl
Editing-Bill Gladman and Chad Strohl
released April 2010

2nd printing has sold out and the book is no longer in print (limited edition)

Price For The Asking #1
Story by Bill Gladman and Ron Fortier
Pencils by Brian Latimer
Inks by Chris Hoskins and Tim Hagans
Letters by Brant Fowler
Cover Art and Colors-Brian Latimer
Logo and book formatting-Brant Fowler
released May 2010

This book is currently in it's third printing and still selling well

Pandemonium Spotlight #1
Stories by Dustin Carson, Kevin Adkins and Bill Gladman
Pencil Art by Chad Strohl, Kevin Adkins, Chris Metzger, and Chris Hoskins
Letters by Dustin Carson, Stephen Brewington and BJay Johnson
Cover Art by Chris Metzger and Bill Gladman
Cover Colors and logo by Oscar Pena
Book Formatting by Stephen Brewington
released Sept. 2009

This was Twilight Star's first sell out and is currently in it's third printing.

Pandemonium Spotlight #2
Stories by Dustin Carson, Bill Gladman, Sam Johnson, and Tony Doug Wright
Art-various artist including Chris Metzger and Scott Riley
Letters-various including Dustin Carson and Lisa Moore
Cover Art-Chris Metzger (pencils)
Cover Colors by Lisa Moore
Book formatting-Stephen Brewington
released April 2010

This book is currently in it's 3rd printing

Tales From The 'Field #3
Stories by Bill Gladman, Derron Church, Frank Raynor, and Ron Fortier
Pencil art by Derron Church, Gary Church, and Kevin Adkins
Inks by Bill Gladman, Derron Church, and Kevin Adkins
Letters by Cary Kelley, Stephen Brewington, and Brant Fowler
Cover Art-The Brothers Church
Cover Colors-Lisa Moore
Book formatting-Stephen Brewington
released April 2010

This book is currently in it's 2nd printing

Tales From The 'Field #2
Stories by Tony Doug Wright, Derron Church, Frank Raynor, Ron Fortier, Bill Gladman, and Raichal Gladman
Pencil Art-by various artist including Derron Church, Chris Martin, Gary Church, and Bill Gladman
Inks by Derron Church, Chris Martin, and Bill Gladman
Letters by Stephen Brewington, Rick Berry Chris Martin, Brant Fowler, and Lisa Moore
Cover Art-Oscar Pena
Cover Colors-Jonny Rizzo
Logo design-Richie Fritz
Book formatting-Rick Berry
released Sept. 2009

2nd printing has sold out-book is no longer in print (we stop printing books after they sale 300 copies)

Tales From The 'Field #1
Stories by Derron Church, Gary Church, Bill Gladman, Frank Raynor, and Chad Strohl
Pencil art by Derron Church, Rick Berry, Gary Church, Bill gladman, and Chad Strohl
Inks-Derron Church, Rick Berry, Joe Pruitt, Bill Gladman, and Chad Strohl
Letters by-Lisa Moore, Rick Berry, Bill Gladman, Joe Pruitt, and Chad Strohl
Cover Art-Richie Fritz
Cover Colors-Oscar Pena
Book formatting-Chris Hoskins
released July 2009

3rd printing of this book has sold out (no longer in print-in excess of 300 copies sold)

And with that the "facts" part of the meeting was over and we move on to production and plans

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 11 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #294

Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray
Story-Bill Gladman
Pencil Art-James Hill
Inks-Joe Pruitt and Ge Carralata'
Letters-(Chris McQuaid)
Book formatting-Chad Strohl
Cover art-James Hill and Joe Pruitt
Cover Colors-Lisa Moore
Logo design-Stephen Brewington

All interior art has been finalized. Script is in final edit. Will be going to the letterer in two weeks.

Jack The Rabbit #2

Last stages of lettering.....more lettering after last two pages of art is completed.
Story and art-Bill Gladman
Letters-George Warner
Cover art-Bill Gladman and Joe Pruitt
Cover Colors-Lisa Moore
Logo design-Brant Folwer
book formatting by Chad Strohl

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #3

The last story of this book is in the lettering stages.
Cover art by Gary Kato
Will be going to Chad to be formatted in two weeks.

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #4
This book is COMPLETE
No cover artist attached yet.
Plans are to be out by March

Pandemonium Spotlight #4
Finished art to the last story was turned in this weekend.
Will be going to the letterer in a matter of days.
Cover art (by Stacy Gaston and Bill Gladman) currently in the inking stage.
No colorist attached to cover as of yet.
Plans to be out by late Feb.

Tales From The 'Field #4
Art for last three stories in production (including stunning art by Kevin Adkins and totally AMAZING work from Gary Church and Tim Hagans on G-Code part two!!!)
Cover art by Kevin Adkins
No colorist attached to cover as of yet.
Plans for a late March release

Twilight Star Team-Up #1
feature story-One Night In Chicago
Story-Bill Gladman and Tim Hagans
Pencils-James Hill
Inks-Tim Hagans
Letters-(no letterer attached yet)

pages #1 -6 of the 16 page feature story has now been turned in....

back up story-Crossing Pon's Bridge (8 pages)
Story-Raichal Gladman
Art-Stacy Gaston
Letters-Chris McQuaid (this is the next project on Chris' list)

Cover Art by James Hill
Colors and logo by Jonny Rizzo

Plans for a late April release

Twilight Star Team-Up #2
Story "Kiss Your Past Good-Bye" written by Bill Gladman and Raichal Gladman
Pencils, inks, gray tones and letters by Rafael Carrasco

This is a complete 24 page story-no back up feature. Raf has just turned in completed work for pages # 4 and # 5

No cover artist attached yet.

Plans for a late April release

Finalized art for the cover of Lisa Moore's Faerie Stories has been turned in and looks super cool!

Joe Pruitt has turned in the final inked pages for Bumtastic Four pages #11 and page #12

Pandemonium Spotlight #5
The last two stories of this book are being inked now. Raichal is inking one of the stories illustrated by Kyle Hilt and written by (me)....the story is called "April 2031" and features the debut of Trama. This eight page story will spin off into it's on series in October (we hope). The other story ready to be inked is Hell Rider part one ....written by (that Bill guy) and illustrated by Will Harris. No inker attached yet. (could be Liam Webb). Other stories that will fill out the book will be by Josh Brown.

Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night #1.

First story in the book is done (A Secret Place by Bill Gladman, Derron Church, and Cary Kelley) Cover by Arno Deltoro is done...still needs logo. Finished art for second story by Stacy Gaston is two pages away from being completed.

Last story for the book is currently being inked by Liam Webb

Plans for a May release

Twilight Star Annual #2

All stories in this book are currently in the lettering process. Cover Art by Stacy Gaston just turned in and will soon be colored by Dan Matthews.

This will be our FREE COMIC BOOK DAY BOOK and we plan to be at the following stores.
Pack Rat Comics-Hillard Ohio (Raichal Gladman) (Chad Strohl?)
Comic Town-Columbus Ohio (Joe Pruitt)
Main Street Comics And Games-Springfield Ohio-(Bill Gladman, Gary Church, Frank Raynor)
Super Fly Comics And Games-Yellow Springs Ohio (Tim Hagans, Stacy Gaston)
Bookery Fantasy (?) Fairborn Ohio-(Kevin Adkins)

The book will feature story and art by Kevin Adkins, Stacy Gaston, Dan Matthews, Raichal Gladman, and Bill Gladman

A LOT of wide scale promotion in the works for year three of Twilight Star and we wrap the year up with what is going to be

OUR BIGGEST STAR CON CELEBRATION EVER

October 2012.

More news on that as we get closer to the date.......

Twilight Star......
When We Rock We Rock And When We Roll We Roll!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Jan 11 2012, 08:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 14 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #295

Just a short update while I'm in the area.

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2 and Cygann #1 are finally on sale in the Springfield Ohio area. Both books have been very well received so far.

Also available this week are 14x20 full color prints of the full color cover art work for the highly successful Tales From The Field #3.....featuring the character "Super Martin" created by Frank Raynor and who appears in the feature story of this book entitled "Perfect Day" written by Frank, penciled by Gary Church, inked by the G-Man and lettered by Brant Fowler.

The art seen here is by The Brothers Church with colors by Lisa Moore.

Also available as a full color 14x20 print is the art for the cover of the upcoming Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night #1 featuring the character Challis by artist Arno Deltoro....this one has sold VERY well in just three days.........

Price for The Asking #2 which had sold out in the area back in October is also available again, but supplies are limited!!! Get your copy today!

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre # 3 is FINISHED! All pages are now turned in and will be going to Chad to be formatted and have the final cover elements added later this week. Book should be out in February.

The next two books after that should be Necrotrancer: Shades of Gray and Pandemonium Spotlight #4 followed by Twilight Star Team-Up #1 , Twilight Star Team-Up #2, Cygann #2 and the Un-Naturals : Creatures Of The Night #1.

All before the end of.....March? Hell Yeah!

And check out this ad that will be running in an online anthology called MEGABOOK which inker, and letterer Mike Rickaby is involved in.....

To clarify the art seen here is not art form Un-Naturals #1....the art for the book is being produced by D.F.Cole. The art here is just something I thought we could use to promote the upcoming book and features work from Oscar Pena, Vasilis Saroglou, Derron Church, Bill Gladman, Sean Forney, and Mike Rickaby.....I thought it turned out nice!

Stories that have appeared in Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre and Pandemonium Spotlight are appearing in MEGABOOK....more info as this develops.

Next wave of comp copies going out Sat. Jan 21st.

That's it for now.............Rock on!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Jan 14 2012, 02:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 14 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #296

Looking awesome, G-Man. Keep em flying.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #297

Hello everybody and welcome to RaynMan: Episode # 53.........uh.....wait a minute. I think I'm getting my days mixed up a bit. Tonight's Weds. night, not Monday night.......I think. Not recording a RaynMan podcast tonight.....but doing ...A HELL YEAH UPDATE!!!!!!!

That's it, sorry about that!

Now that I'm on the right track how about we jump right into this week's batch of Twilight Star News!!!

Let's start with this.....

Cygann #1 written and drawn by Stacy Gaston has already sold out!!!! That's right the initial first run of this book (which came out Thursday Jan 5th) is G-O-N-E.....GONE!!!!!! Stacy has already talked to me about placing a second order of the book and if you missed your chance to get a copy of this book, don't worry 2nd printings will be available around the first week of February.

That's a great way to start out a new year.....and it gets better.

This past Saturday I FINALLY made it to the post office and got completely caught up with mailing comp copies to ALL the creators who have worked on any Twilight Star books since October 2010.....WAHOO!!!!!!

(Well everybody but poor ol' George Warner...the super incredible letterer who works on the Cygann and Jack The Rabbit books....I lost George's address and didn't get it from George again until Saturday's shipment was already out....but George will be taken care of this coming weekend...if it kills me!)

Books went to nine different states and Canada!!! Wow!!!! And we even sent some to a local correctional institution...yep....we have Twilight Star Fans everywhere!!!!

And as luck would have it, as I was addressing envelopes and making sure each creator got the books we owed them (I actually stuffed the envelopes at the Post Office ...I was running short on time....had to go see the new Underworld flick (kicked ass) and make it to a Twilight Star Meeting.....lot of running around....first Saturday off in a while and I made the best of it!!!!)

Anyway while stuffing envelops at the Post Office ....Twilight Star made a new fan.....I was approached by a postal employee who was checking out what I was doing and who happened to be a comic fan.

Ended up selling him two books (Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2 and Cygann #1) The only two books that I had extra copies of in the car.

That Twilight Star luck....follows a guy everywhere!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #298

Talk about Twilight Star luck.....sometimes we just can't believe the breaks we get! Last April Jesse Noble places our Gem City table right next to Terry Huddleston, who (besides being an incredible artist himself) happened to be a rep for Rink Printing.

Gary , Derron, Tim, Kevin, and I talked to Terry most of the day...with a lot of complaints about the printer we were using at the time and Terry convinced us Rink Printing could and would treat us much better.

The man wasn't lying.

Rink Printing is now the exclusive printer for Twilight Star and has been going on a whole year now and they are the best printer option for us. WE LOVE THEM!!!

Talk about being in the right place at the right time!!!

Well it happened again this weekend. Gary Church managed to make an unbelievable connection with a guy that designs web sites and man does he designs web sites!!!! This guy is a beast!!!!

We called this guy up (his name is Derick) in the middle of Saturday's meeting, had a half hour phone conference with him...and after waiting for almost a year and a half with a lot of starts and stops.....the official Twilight Star website is in full development!!!

Derick has ALREADY sent us a mock up of what the site is going to look like and this thing is going to have EVERY whistle and bell you can think of!!!

Looks like the site should be up by the end of next month!!!!

Hell Yeah....and then some!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #299

And speaking of George Warner......

The before mentioned letterer of Cygann and Jack The Rabbit......

George is completed with all the pages that I needed him to letter for Jack The Rabbit #2....there is still a couple of other things that need to be lettered before this book is ready to go....and George is actually waiting on me now!!!

Both Jack The Rabbit #1 (2nd printing with a brand new cover and a brand new logo designed by Brant Fowler) and Jack The Rabbit #2 should be out in March.

In the meantime George will soon start lettering Cygann #2 (which we also hope to have out by March)

George is such a great letterer I'm hoping to convince him to letter a 10 page story that features the character Challis , that will be the main story of three that will appear in The Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night #1. Here is a sneak peek at one of the pages from that story, written by me and illustrated by Stacy Gaston.

I am also hoping to get inker and letterer Mike Rickaby to add gray tones to Stacy's art for this story.

The other two stories in issue #1 of this book feature the character Moon Shadow. "A Secret Place" is a 6 page story with pencils by Derron Church, written and inked by me, and lettered by Cary Kelley. (this story is already complete). The other remaining Moon Shadow story, a 8 page story also written by me called "Hollywood Black" features art by Ed Cotungo and Liam Webb...Liam is working on the finished art right now and will also be lettering the story.

Full color cover featuring Challis is illustrated by Arno Deltoro

Mike Rickaby is designing the logo for the book, which we hope will be out late February.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #300

Mike Rickaby is a very busy guy....besides working on various stories for The Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night and Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre....he's also the inker on Price For The Asking # 3 "Man Of Ash" written by Ron Fortier and I, and penciled by Hamza Pecenkovic. The art team is currently on page # 9.

And of course all Price For The Asking stories are lettered by Brant Fowler, who recently started lettering the finished art pages turned in by the art team.

Meanwhile artist Brain Latimer is near completion on another Simon Pryce story called "Boys Of Summer" that will bridge the gap between Price For The Asking # 2 and issue # 3...and Brian's scheduled back for Price For The Asking # 4 "Motor City Madhouse".

Back to Mike....even as he's juggling all of these projects he is putting together a huge on-line project simply called MEGABOOK.

I believe Mike said this book is over 200 pages long!!!!!! And as you can see it features material from several indie studios including Twilight Star and our sister production studio....Red Bud Studios as well as Ron Fortier's Airship 27.

Let's see......the book collects (among many other stories)

Bomb Sight from Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #1
Werewolf Hunter-a story to be published in issue #4 of RFTOTM
Smuggler's Lament (also to appear in issue #4 of RFTOTM---out April?)
and Rats which appears in issue # 3 of the series (with art by the above mentioned Brain Latimer)

Also in Megabook-Driver's Seat which originally appeared in Pandemonium Spotlight #1

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:02 AM