17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hell Yeah!!!
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #301

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

While on the topic of Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre.....Chad Strohl is scheduled to start formatting issue # 3 of the series this coming weekend.

The third issue of RFTOTM features four new stories from the Captain...

Scarecrow Scares
Matilda
Rent A Body
and
Rats

The book spotlights inker Luis Alonso who inks every story in the book.....hopefully RFTOTM #3 will be out as one of our February books!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #302

Chad Lambert and I have been discussing a very interesting marketing idea that ties in with the launch of his Lost Grooves book....and hopefully this option will come to be right about the time as FREE COMIC BOOK DAY in early May. (I do not think what Chad is talking about is a free book though....more on this as it develops)

Also available that weekend will be FREE copies of Twilight Star Annual #2 featuring cover art by Stacy Gaston and Dan Matthews. The book will feature stories and art by Kevin Adkins, Stacy Gaston, and Raichal Gladman.

Another FREE book we are thinking about releasing that SAME day may feature samples of several of our ALL AGES books.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #303

Our NUMBER ONE selling ALL AGE BOOK is of course Brit And Ivy....written and illustrated by Joe Pruitt....the man that puts the star in Twilight Star!!!

Issue #1 of the new Brit And IVy series is very near completion and Joe hopes to have it in the can before Gem City 2012.

Special note about this book...it is being colored by Lisa Moore!!!!!

Joe just shared several pages of the book with me that is already colored and lettered and here you go...I am sharing pages #1 and #2 of the brand new Brit And Ivy #1 by Joe Pruitt and Lisa Moore with you right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #304

Another book that should be out before Gem City 2012 is Tales From The 'Field #4.....featuring new stories and art from....

Stacy Gaston
Derron Church
Kevin Adkins
Gary Church
and....
Tim Hagans

Here is a page of G-Code: Part Two-written and illustrated by Gary Church and inked by Tim Hagans.

G-Code is ONE of the TWO stories that are HEADLINERS in issue #4 of Twilight Star's longest running series. The other-co feature story will feature The Crook , a character created by Kevin Adkins ....which will be written and illustrated by Kevin....who also does the artwork for the cover for issue #4.

Also in issue #4....a five page preview of the original graphic novel "Cyber-Christ" written and illustrated by Stacy Gaston with George Warner.

This post has been edited by G-Man: Jan 25 2012, 08:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #305

Of course Twilight Star's second longest running series is Pandemonium Spotlight. The last story for issue # 4 of this series is being lettered by Chris McQuaid....right now. That story is called Denial....Stacy Gaston illustrates this story which I wrote, based on a short story Raichal wrote while in college.

Stacy did the pencil art for the cover and I inked it....

I'm currently talking to the colorist I would very much like to get on this cover.

As a special treat we will be running a 1/10 variant cover for this issue....a black and white cover with art by FELIPE ECHEVARRIA....and also ties to the co-feature story in this issue ...Denial. I hope to have a preview of this variant cover posted next week....Felipe has already turned it in and it is completed and looks very nice.

Felipe also does the art work for the other co-feature story of issue #4 of Pandemonium Spotlight which he worked with writer Todd Jones....it's called Gabriel's Last Testament.

Also in issue #4 two stories written by writer Josh Brown....Deer Hunter and The Spell.

Pandemonium Spotlight # 4 should be out by the end of February.

And issue #5 of the series is already in production. Issue #5 will feature more work from Josh Brown and a five page preview of "Trama" with art by Kyle Hilt and Raichal Gladman.

Raichal is currently inking Kyles pencils.

Feature story is planned to be one called "Behind The Wall Of Sleep"...I am running a little behind on getting this one written and at the moment it looks as though Felipe will be illustrating this one.

Issue #5 of

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #306

And last but not least...............

STAR CON III is coming this October!!!!!

The BIGGEST TWILIGHT STAR EVENT .......EVER!!!! We are celebrating our third year anniversary in a Big...BIG WAY!!!!

So big....that we have to........well that would be telling.....

New books!

New Games based on Twilight Star characters!!!

Live Music!!!

Food!!!

Contests!!!

T-Shirts, Hero-Clix, Prints, Stickers, Trading Cards and creators from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!!!!

Including.....

(damn look at the time...I got to call it a night)

See you next week!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 1 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #307

Wow....has this day REALLY flown by so fast?!?

I was going to do an update tonight but instead I'm going to ask you to tune in to the RaynMan Power Hour podcast that airs next Monday Feb. 6th for an extended edition of "News From The 'Field" which talks about everything I would have mentioned tonight...for the most part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 8 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #308

Hey......what's that noise?

Sounds like the Twilight Star bandwagon and it's time to climb aboard (I've been on this thing since day one but there's room for all of you)

What's going on at Twilight Star..........hmmmm...a lot.

Spent the large portion of this past weekend's Twilight Star meeting ...talking about the development of the new Twilight Star website....which launches March 1st.....just 21 days away!!!

http://twilightstarstudios.moonfruit.com/

And all of us met for the very first time the young man and web site guru behind the construction of the site, Derick Dunlavy. Derick is amazing....and doing such a great job with the site.

And the site has been generating a lot of interest. HUNDREDS of people have stopped by to check it out. Several people have tried to to log in and become a member....so many that Derick had to change the sneak peek that was passed around to just a countdown page. People were roaming around and checking out all the cool features and it was slowing down construction.

We REALLY appreciate the interest and invite you all back in just a few short weeks when the web site is live and ready to go!

Sales have been GREAT!!!!! For the first time since the studio was founded back in mid 2009 we were able to release books in the month of January. Two books actually. Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2 and Cygann #1....Cygann #1 has already sold out and copies of the 2nd printing just arrived yesterday.....from the best printer in the world....Rink Printing!!!

We were able to generate a TOP TEN SALES LIST for the month of January!!!! Can you believe that?!? We're very proud of the fact that we have produced enough books in less than three years to generate a list with ten of our books on it...AND we can actually start tracking what books are selling every 30 days!!!

Top Ten List For January was...

#10-Did Somebody Call for A Hero # 3
# 9-Did Somebody Cal For A Hero #2
# 8-Price For The Asking #2
# 7-Did Somebody Call For A Hero #1
# 6-The Un-Naturals Source Book
# 5-Tales From The 'Field #1
# 4-Price For The Asking #1
# 3-Prodigy #1
# 2-Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2
# 1-CYGANN #1

Looking at this list I'm completely amazed at the wide variety of books that are selling right now, and the fact that some of our oldest releases made their way into the first official monthly top ten list.

Very happy for Chad and Stacy....these two guys deserve this Twilight Star moment of glory....Chad's been with us since the beginning and Stacy has been a force to be reckoned with since joining the studio last year.

Currently for the month of February (only 8 days old) Prodigy #1 is the number one selling book and the Un-Naturals Source Book is number two. Interest in both of these books has really picked up all of the sudden.

Actually interest in all things "Un-Natural" has been very high for a long time and new people are just learning about the book and the characters featured in the book. Matter of fact the Un-Naturals Source Book book has just sold out-for the second time! Time to order more.

Now that new copies of Cygann #1 are again available I'm sure that the momentum behind this book will be forcing one if not both of these books out of their spots at the top of the list very soon.

Plus we have two more books coming out this month...more on that later.

And as the website goes live March first...we re-launch the Twilight Star facebook page and we'll have brand new redesigned business cards as well....just in time for our first three appearance of 2012!!!

Hell Yeah!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 8 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #309

Where will Twilight Star be appearing at early 2012?

March 3rd-Main Street Comics And Games 3rd Year Anniversary!!! Springfield Ohio!!!

March 4th-I'll be a guest at Dustin Carson's table at DAN Con!!!! Chicago baby!!!

March 31st and April 1st-GEM CITY COMIC CON...the first TWO DAY version of the show!!! Dayton Ohio!!!

BE THERE!!!!

And don't miss the 2012 Twilight Star Creator Panel Saturday March 31st at Gem City-hosted by "Mr. October"!!!! (I don't know how he got that name...maybe he was in Playgirl of something)

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 8 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #310

Riding high on a wave of well deserved popularity is Hero Montgomery and Chad Strohl....Chad's Did Somebody Call For A Hero comic charted three times on the top ten list and yesterday saw the release of the first full length Did Somebody Call for A Hero novel!!!

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11555

The guy is indeed.....a machine!!!

Congrads Chad...you rock!!!

And....the dreaded deadline doom has caught up with me....have to pull the plug.

Never fear...more updates within 24 hours!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Feb 8 2012, 08:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #311

Twilight Star may be the studio that never sleeps, but the G-Man needs to recharge his batteries from time to time...and I've been working a lot of hours on the "day job" so bed time comes around pretty early for "Gramps" (that's what my favorite six little midgets thinks the "G" in G-Man stands for).

The extra hours are coming in handy right now, got a lot of stuff that needs taken care of including putting away a few extra books for the trip to Dan Con!!!!

http://danconcomic.blogspot.com/

So after calling it quits last night before I finished with all the latest Twilight Star news I'm back again tonight, hoping to get through the rest before the Sandman comes and gets me!

Let's see..........okay let's start here.

RaynMan # 53

http://comicrelated.com/news/15027/raynman-power-hour-53

If you listened to the latest episode of Bill, Frank. and Brant's favorite podcast (and I'm sure you did) you more than likely heard me talking about STAR CON III coming up in October of this year. This will be the event celebrating the 3rd year anniversary (three years!!!!!!!!) of Twilight Star Studios.

We really want to make this a HUGE event....but I may have spouted off about a few things a little too soon. During the last Twilight Star meeting a motion was brought forth and quickly agreed upon that before we commit to something like renting out own hall for STAR CON III we should hold off a while to see how some things play out first.

Things like-

How does a new web-site and a Facebook re-launch affect the studio?
How did our marketing plan with selected comic retail outlets do?
How was the studio received at Gem City 2012 and Free Comic Book Day.

Those type of things. And if things go well....perhaps STAR CON III may very well turn out to be something like I mentioned on the RaynMan Podcast. The studio budget could support this type of event..but that money may be better used elsewhere if the early 2012 momentum we've had so far stalls.

I don't think it will...but when other studio members started to voice concerns here I have to admit those concerns did make a lot of sense.

And if plans for STAR CON III have to be altered I'm sure the event will be held at one of the many comic outlets that carry our books.

I'll keep you informed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #312

Speaking of RaynMan....and other podcasts....don't miss RaynMan # 54.

The show records Monday Feb. 13th and goes up on the Comic Related and the Underground Video Network websites the following Monday Feb 20th.

Twilight Star artist and writer Kevin Adkins will be joining us for the "News From The 'Field " segment of the "All Frank" episode of RaynMan (God help us all.....)

And I will be making a guest appearance on Zone 4 episode # 153 which airs Friday Feb. 17th.

Twilight Star for your ear hole....Hell Yeah!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #313

When Twilight Star isn't recording podcasts....we're producing comic books and two more comics are set to be released in February....in an attempt to release AT LEAST TWO books every month this year.

Chad Strohl has just finished formatting the THIRD issue of Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre.....take a look at the talent that The Captain has put together four issue # 3!!!

The book is ready and waiting to go to the printer but I'm holding off until the finishing touches are complete for second printing of Jack The Rabbit #1....been waiting for a while to get this book out and I'm very excited!!!

Features new cover art by myself and Lisa Moore!!!

As well as new logo designed by Brant Fowler!!!!

And there's a coupe of cool changes inside the book as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #314

March 2012.

Could very well be the biggest month in the history of the studio (thus far).

March 3rd several studio members will be on hand to help Scott Riley celebrate the 3rd year anniversary of Main Street Comics And Games.

The very next day Dustin Carson (who has had a story in every issue of Pandemonium Spotlight so far...."Mouthful Of Spiders" in issue #1, "Half-Breed" five page promo in issue #2, and "Butterfly Girl" in issue # 3) and I (another guy that shows up in Pandemonium Spotlight a lot) will be making a appearance at Dan Con 2012.....very excited about this trip. Been wanting to check this show out, look forward to the road trip there and back with the "Brothers Carson"....Brian Carson rounds out this little road crew. And I have never been to the Windy City before....can't wait.

(Check out more Twilight Star mayhem in the Windy City in "One In Chicago" featuring Necrotrancer, Cyber-Cat, and Zodiac appearing in Twilight Star Team-Up #1...story and art by Bill Gladman, Tim Hagans, and James Hill-any time is a good time for a shameless plug)

And as mentioned Twilight Star invades Gem City Comic Con Saturday March 31st (and Sunday April 1st). All current eleven members of the studio will be at this show!!!!

Production looks great in March as well-

There's Jack The Rabbit #2-printing for the first time ever story and art completed 10 years ago lettered by George Warner. also features four pages of all new art and cover art by Bill Gladman, Joe Pruitt, and Lisa Moore!!!

Necrotancer: Shades Of Gray-story and art by Bill Gladman, James Hill, Joe Pruitt and Ge Carralatta'
Cover Art by James Hill, Joe Pruitt, and Lisa Moore

Brit and Ivy #1 by Joe Pruitt and Lisa Moore!!!!

As you can see this book will feature two great covers!!!

Another book out in March that will feature two great covers will be Pandemonium Spotlight #4!!!

This cover by Stacy Gaston and myself will be colored by Chad Strohl and there will be a second black and white super spooky ans super cool variant cover by artist FELIPE ECHEVARRIA!!!

Last but not least...in what has become a Gem City tradition the latest issue of Tales From The 'Field will be available at this show....issue #4 of TFTF will feature stories and art by Stacy Gaston, Gary Church, Tim Hagans, Kevin Adkins, and MaGnUs!!

With cover art by Kevin Adkins and Dan Matthews!!!!

All this PLUS the 2nd annual Gem City Twilight Star Creator Panel!!!

Hell Yeah!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Feb 9 2012, 08:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 9 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #315

How do you follow up something like that....how about a kick ass April!!!!

These books could very well be finished by the end of that month!

Cygann#2
Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #4(all pages already turned in!!!)
Twilight Star Team Up #1 (Necrotrancer, Cyber-Cat, and Zodiac...together again for the first time!!!)
Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night #1 (feature story starring Challis by Stacy Gaston!!!)
Twilight Star Team-Up #2 (Necrotrancer and Valentino in Kiss Your Past Goodbye!)
Pandemonium Spotlight #5 (which will feature previews of "Trama" by Bill Gladman, Raichal Gladman, and Kyle Hilt, and "Hell Rider" by Bill Gladman and Will Harris....plus more classic horror by Josh Brown!)

And we slide into the first weekend in May---FREE COMIC BOOK DAY with at least TWO FREE BOOKS for you...all our Twilight Star faithful!!!! (and possibly a third!)

Twilight Star Annual #1 (Kevin Adkins! Dan Matthews! Stacy Gatson! Raichal Gladman! and More!!!)
And an all age "sampler" book that will feature pages from DAYS OF THE DRAGON....an all age one shot featuring the creative team of Mr. Jigsaw writer Ron Fortier and artist Gary Kato! (full book will be out in June)

This sampler book will also feature samples of FOUR more Twilight Star all age books!!!!!

And the year is still young!!!!!

Wait until you find out who wants to draw a Jack The Rabbit piece

Who's the NEW colorist of The Bumtastic Four????

......more on that as it develops.

Right now......

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This post has been edited by G-Man: Feb 9 2012, 08:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 11 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #316

I wanted to add more details about this coming FREE COMIC BOOK DAY appearances by Twilight Star Studio members, but forgot!

Bill, Gary, and Frank will be at Main Street Comics And Games in Springfield Ohio....and so will CHAD LAMBERT!

Tim Hagans and Kevin Adkins will again be at Super Fly Comics And Games in Yellow Springs Ohio.

Joe Pruitt will be at Comic Town in Columbus Ohio

Raichal Gladman and Brandon Slomski will be at Pack Rat Comics in Hilliard Ohio!!!!

Divide and Conquer!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 12 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #317

We're Moving!

Things continue to move at an incredible rate at the studio that never sleeps in 2012!!!

A new website in less than two weeks!!!!!!

A BRAND NEW facebook page....for all you people who like to like people on facebook....got to admit even I'm excited about this new page...and who knows.....you may see me pop up over there!

Check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twilight-Sta...167123203356517

AND.....this will be the last post I make in the Hell Yeah forum here in the Bill Gladman forum here at Comic Related.

Why?

To be honest....Bill Gladman is NOT Twilight Star......I'm just a part of the incredible experience of Twilight Star. Twilight Star needs something.....BIGGER....and BETTER....than a spot here in my personal creator forum.

So what does that mean...........stay tuned.

And see you soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 13 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #318

Member No.: 1,427

WAHOOO!!! Twilight Star & the G-Man are on Facebook!! Will wonders never cease? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 13 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #319

My first post in the BRAND NEW TWILIGHT STAR FORUM here on the Comic Related website!!!!

Please all you who have read the Hell Yeah Updates for over a year now while they were a part of my own person creator forum please take advantage to discuss in DETAIL any aspect of Twilight Star Studios.

Here-in the house the Brant built.

And Ron-yes....it finally happened.

I soul my soul to the Cyber-Christ.

We are DETERMINED to make 2012 the year Twilight Star tears through the veil of this reality and all others....and if I if we have to join Facebook (and Twitter) to do so.

SO BE IT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Feb 23 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #320

Welcome to the New and Improved Hell Yeah Update in our own Twilight Star Studios forum here at Comic Related!!!

Besides all the other news throughout this incredible and ultra-cool forum work continues on several books including...

Ron Fortier's Tales From The Macabre #4
Pandemonium Spotlight #5
Tales From The 'Field #5
Cygann #2
Prodigy #2
Un-Naturals #1
Twilight Star Team Up #1 and #2
Un-Naturals: Creatures Of The Night #2
Twilight Star Annual #2.....and even more than that!!!!

Plus our new website launches in SIX DAYS....be sure to drop by www.twilightstarstudios.com and register! Plus check us out on Facebook!!!

(yeah-I said the "F" word)

And check out all the updates I'm made about...

Pandemonium Spotlight

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70267

Tales From The 'Field

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70268

Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70269

Necrotrancer: Shades Of Gray

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70270

Un-Naturals

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70271

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11631

Bumtastic Four

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11591

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11632

Jack The Rabbit

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11633

Brit And Ivy

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11604

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11634

Did Somebody Call For A Hero

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70276

And Gem City Comic Con!!!

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry70279

WE NEVER SLEEP!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

This post has been edited by G-Man: Feb 23 2012, 09:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 02:07 PM