2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Champion City Update Schedule Of Events
G-Man
post Sep 1 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

Been hammered the last few days by people wanting this info...and I couldn't provide it until I checked in with my partner in crime Scott Riley.

This is the complete schedule for everything concerning the show that (except for the schedule for the gaming events)

Friday Sept. 10th-guests that have booked rooms at the Country Inn can start to check in at 12:00 noon. If you arrive a little early (meaning about a half hour) I think that should be fine.

Bill Gladman will be hosting a disc golf event at Wittenberg Campus Disc Golf Course at 3:00 for those wanting to attend, or just watch the game.

Dinner with Ron Fortier, Tim Seeley, and Daniel Liester at Tumbleweed. 6:00-8:00

Champion City Poker Tournament-to be held at the Country Inn 9:00-????? WE NEED TO HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ATTENDING THIS EVENT A.S.A.P SO PLEASE GET WITH ME ON THIS!!!!

Saturday Sept: 11th-guests and vendors can start setting up their tables at 8:00 in the morning.

9/11 Memorial Prayer Vigil at the flag pole at 9:30 for those who want to attend.

Doors open to the public at 10:00 in the morning.

Door prizes awarded every hour of the show starting at 11:00

Panels
Room 201, Second floor Lecture Hall-
11:00-11:35 “The Creators of New Comic Day” featuring Bill Gladman, Eric Ratcliffe, Chad Strohl, Brant Fowler and Lisa Moore. Hosted by Chuck Moore.

11:45-12:15 “Understanding Alan Moore” Hosted by Matt Smith.

12:30-1:15 “Tim Seeley and Daniel Leister-Creative Team of Hack/slash” Hosted by Eric Ratcliffe

1:30-2:15 "2010 Champion City Costume Contest"-Hosted by Victor Dandridge and Mike Watson.

2:30-3:30 "Champion City Live Auction" for Josh Medors. Hosted by Frank Raynor, Raichal Gladman and Bill Gladman.

3:45-4:15 "Meet Ron Fortier” Hosted by Raichal Gladman

4:30-5:00 "The First Annual Champion City Awards" Hosted by Frank Raynor. Sponsored by Matt Smith, Main Street Comics & Games, Dark Star Books, Comic Related and members of the local indie comic creating community. Of course all nominees should attend so please make sure a plan to cover your table during this time is in the works.

5:15-5:45 "Hometown Heroes” featuring Scott Riley, Andy McGinn, Gary Church, Derron Church, Matt Smith and Chris Metzger. Hosted by Brant Fowler.

Doors for the show close at 7:00

Champion City 2010 After Party at The Horseshoe starts at 8:00-admission is $4.00 bucks, $2.00 if you hand is stamped from the show, same as last year.

Somewhere Between performs at 8:00-900

Nine Volt performs 10:00-?????

Sunday Sept. 12th-all guests at the Country Inn must be checked out by 12:00 noon.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Sep 1 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,028

Myself, the brother, and two friends attending the show want in on the poker tourney. So that's a total of 4 on my end.

Will also be in for the 6:00 dinner- myself, the brother, and friends- making another total of 4 (you met the two friends- Mike, who rocked out Kiss with Chad on Geek Street, and Karl, who was in the audience at the same show).

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 1 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Great guys!!!!!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
doombug
post Sep 1 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #4

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

You're going down Bill! (Disc golf wise....even though I've never played before) tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Sep 1 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,037

What is disc golf anyway? Like really complicated frisbee or something. lol

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 1 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #6

You're going down Bill! (Disc golf wise....even though I've never played before)

The plan here is to pair new disc golfers with experienced disc golfers for a doubles tournament...just like regular golf.I'm hoping to recruit other regular Springfield disc golfers in the mix.

So the two of may end up as partners...or you could get thumped by the G-Man...remember I am Captain America so I'm pretty used to throwing those things!

BUT...once again I need to know who all is interested well in advance, I was hoping to nab you and Brant at the very least...other disc golfers could include Tim Hagans, Chris Metzger and Frank Raynor making his disc golf debut!!!

Chuck...I was wondering if I could enlist your help in taking photos of these events?

I also recently received confirmation from Richard Katterjohn our good friend over at Underground Video Network that we will be recording at least one live action New Comic Day segment at the show that would later air at U.V.N!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 1 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #7

Everything you wanted to know about disc golf....and then some.

http://www.pdga.com/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sean Forney
post Sep 1 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,343

Josh, Charlotte, Stratos, Steph and I will be at the Tumbleweed Dinner. See you guys next Friday!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChadStrohl
post Sep 1 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,103

Count me in for the Poker game too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScottDMSimmons
post Sep 1 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,810

Sounds great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 1 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #11

I don't how we'll be able to pull it off but I would love to get a photo of all the Comic Related family in one shot before the day ends, seeing how this will be the most of us in one place.

Ever!

Maybe Darren and Krista could help get a list of everybody and organize this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 1 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

I'm in for disc golf. If the poker tourney wasn't for real money I'd be in for that too, but I'll have to pass. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Sep 1 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,028

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Sep 1 2010, 05:50 PM) *
I'm in for disc golf. If the poker tourney wasn't for real money I'd be in for that too, but I'll have to pass. smile.gif

Brant's in the poker tourney- I'll cover the entry fee. (Consider it payment for the 5-pager, Brant. And...telling me "no" for a poker tourney is like trying to tell Chuck "no" for a dinner tab).

You're playing...end 'o storio.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 1 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #14

BUT.....Dustin gets all the money you win (just kiddin')

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Sep 1 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,037

Well I guess I can at least commit to attending the disc golf game. I could try playing I guess, but I don't hold much hope that I'd have any skill at it. lol Walking around the course would at least be good exercise anyway. smile.gif As for poker I don't know how to play. So I'm out there.

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 1 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,427

Poker for money...huh, huh. No way, Jose. I could tell you family horror stories about that kind of "fun." Disc Golf sounds like fun, I would love to come and check it out. Never seen anything like that. Then again, if its 90 degrees in the shade...mmm. We'll have to see what the weather is like once we get squared away at the hotel.
As for a giant CR Family photo...that just has to happen, gang. This is going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Let's not miss it.

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Sep 2 2010, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
doombug
post Sep 1 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #17

Eric Ratcliffe

QUOTE (G-Man @ Sep 1 2010, 03:53 PM) *
The plan here is to pair new disc golfers with experienced disc golfers for a doubles tournament...just like regular golf.I'm hoping to recruit other regular Springfield disc golfers in the mix.

So the two of may end up as partners...or you could get thumped by the G-Man...remember I am Captain America so I'm pretty used to throwing those things!

BUT...once again I need to know who all is interested well in advance, I was hoping to nab you and Brant at the very least...other disc golfers could include Tim Hagans, Chris Metzger and Frank Raynor making his disc golf debut!!!

Chuck...I was wondering if I could enlist your help in taking photos of these events?

I also recently received confirmation from Richard Katterjohn our good friend over at Underground Video Network that we will be recording at least one live action New Comic Day segment at the show that would later air at U.V.N!!

I've just taken some steps to assure that I am at least an average player and hopefully get to team up with ya bill!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 2 2010, 07:15 AM
Post #18

Did you buy some plastic!

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 2 2010, 07:24 AM
Post #19

Okay everybody, looks like I need to make a couple of corrections.

Correction #1-The convention ends at 6:00 p.m, not 7:00p.m like I have been saying. I guess Scott and I discussed this last year when we were tearing down tables after last year's con....but truthfully I can't remember. I do remember that last hour between 6:00-7:00 being rather slow so this makes a lot a sense.

Correction #2-there will be no half off admission for people attending the after party and that previously attended the convention this year. The fund raiser last year and this year are very different and Josh really needs all the money we can raise for him, and to be perfectly honest...two bands...four hours...four bucks.....that's a deal no matter how you slice it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Sep 2 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #20

Eric Ratcliffe

QUOTE (G-Man @ Sep 2 2010, 09:15 AM) *
Did you buy some plastic!

i did not. other steps being taken. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:01 AM