Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Book of Noheim Still Selling Strong!
G-Man
post Sep 3 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,660

One of my fellow co-workers on the "day job" (actually the "night job for the two of us) and my "new boss" (Congrads, Mr.Elliott!!!) purchased my first published novel the Book of Noheim a few weeks ago. Don is an avid reader and had to finish reading a couple more books before starting this, but he did start reading it this week...and he really likes what he's reading!

"I was worried about the time travel aspects of the story, writers who don't pay attention to details when they do time travel stories really annoy the Hell out of me....guess I grew up watching Back to the Future way too much as a kid...but you don't do that...you're on top of it"

Donald has been reading this thing everyday at breaks and lunch....reading it outside, in the dark, by the light of the parking lot lights, and anybody who has seen the "hand written" script I used to make this book appear to be as much as a "journal" as possible can imagine what a feat that is!

He finished chapter four last night at lunch. "It's picking up speed rather nicely"

Don's taste when it comes to buying and reading books runs very heavy towards the pulp/noir type stuff, and he's eagerly waiting for the Ravenwood story I worked on for Ron's Airship 27 company which I believe will be out later this year...but he took a chance on this one and is enjoying it so far. Don wanted to come and support Twilight Star at our appearance at Super Fly Comics in Yellow Springs a few weeks back, but he just missed us.

But he gets to see my mug every day.....night.

Due to the fact that Donald is always reading this thing and has it at his work station when he's not carrying it around, five more people at the shop have placed orders for the book! I even offered to take a picture of him reading it at lunch to post here (you guys know how I am when it comes to promoting stuff)...but he didn't seem too keen with that.

I can't thank him enough for his support.

With the 10th anniversary of Jack the Rabbit's first comic book appearance coming up real soon, which ties into the Book of Noheim stuff with both the Jack the Rabbit comics and forthcoming novel series.....interest in Jack the Rabbit and the Book of Noheim has been very high. Several more copies of the book has sold since my regular postings.

The book is available on amazon.com and I believe the Barnes and Noble website.

Who knows, one day I might actually see some money from all of this.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 3 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,957

But what did they think about the maps?! smile.gif

A huge congrats on your book getting out there and doing so well Bill! You're an absolute machine with the stuff you're putting out, and you're also a testament to the drive and dedication it takes to make it happen sir. Well done!

This post has been edited by Cary: Sep 3 2010, 07:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 3 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #3

A pleasure to work with you on this book, Cary...we got four more to go!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 7 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #4

Chuck, thanks for linking this to the front page. You are the Man!

Over the course of the three day weekend Donald finished reading his copy of The Book of Noheim.

"I really liked it! But you kind of left me hanging at the end....there is going to be more, right?"

Yes indeed.

The Book of Noheim was designed to be a stand alone book....OR....the first book that leads into a four book novel series called Jack the Rabbit: Living Legend of the Purple Plains....the first novel of these four is in production right now and will feature the same team that brought you the Book of Noheim.

Written by Bill Gladman
Cover artwork AND chapter illustrations by Chris Metzger
Cover colors by Oscar Pena
Logo design Brant Fowler
Interior maps Cary Kelley

And Raichal Gladman joins the team as editor of the book series.

Jack the Rabbit:Living Legend of the Purple Plains Book One is set to be released late December of this year.

Donald smiled as I filled him in on these details...

"I want to read them all!"

Believe me, Mr. Elliott....I want you to read them all too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 7 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

I may just bring this with me and read it on the road. Almost finished with SiP, but I'm only a couple of chapters into Noheim so far.

All the good press is awesome, Bill, congrats!!

I just want to know what they think of the logo! lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 8 2010, 06:47 AM
Post #6

Dude.....the book wouldn't be the book if the book didn't have the logo on the book to make it look like the book that everybody is reading and loving.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 24 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #7

While in Yellow Springs last week end on my Heroic Mission.....one retailer ordered five copies of the Book of Noheim while I was dropping off new books from Twilight Star. which she bought copies of as well!!!

That had me feeling pretty damn good when I left her store!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:01 AM