Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cary Kelley's Dynagirl, From Red Handed Studios
Gonzogoose
post Sep 15 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

We've missed quite a bit, but we're going to start pointing to the updates on the Dynagirl site here each week.

The strip is a spinoff of Cary's popular Fallen Justice miniseries, and is in webcomic form of course.

It is updated twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Cary also does blog updates throughout the week as well.

So, the latest update is a sneaky Wednesday update to the blog: http://goo.gl/fb/jcqLA

Check out the main site at www.dynagirlonline.com and catch up on past strips. The series is already well into issue 2!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Cary
post Sep 15 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,957

Yikes! Thanks Brant! I saw this on the main site and thought "uh oh, am I in trouble?!" lol As always you guys just rock!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazz
post Sep 15 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,835

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 15 2010, 02:09 PM) *
Yikes! Thanks Brant! I saw this on the main site and thought "uh oh, am I in trouble?!" lol As always you guys just rock!

You're always in trouble, whether you know it or not!

--------------------
You can Email me or visit my blog, Desultory Views, which I do update when I get the chance.

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 15 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Crazz @ Sep 15 2010, 02:35 PM) *
You're always in trouble, whether you know it or not!

I find this is true more often than not. Screw this, I'm leaving the planet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 15 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,427

I just read through the site, from page one...and I love Dynagirl. This is a great comic guys!!! Am so glad I got Fallen Justice at Champion City. Cannot wait to dig into it.

+Quote Post
tbrotomo
post Sep 15 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,397

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Sep 15 2010, 02:51 PM) *
I just read through the site, from page one...and I love Dynagirl. This is a great comic guys!!! Am so glad I got Fallen Justice at Champion City. Cannot wait to dig into it.

Where's my fallen justice digital version for my iPad is my question!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 16 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (tbrotomo @ Sep 15 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Where's my fallen justice digital version for my iPad is my question!

Actually...I signed contracts to that effect today in fact! More info on that as I get it but we're probably looking at about a month, give or take.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 16 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Sep 15 2010, 04:51 PM) *

Gald you're digging the new book Ron! I can't wait to hear what you think about Fallen Justice as well! I'm about half way done with Bombers and talk about a ride! Excellent work there sir!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 16 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #9

Thanks, Cary. We're forming a mutual admiration society here. laugh.gif I started Fallen Justice last night and am totally immersed in it. Some great themes marvelously played out. In fact there are a couple of interesting similarities that I'm going to write to you personally about later on. And will let you know my thoughts here when I finish it. Am thrilled you are enjoying Bombers.

+Quote Post
Zimmerman
post Sep 16 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,010

Really enjoying the new series! You can definitely tell both Cary and Harold have raised the bar in their respected skills since FJ. The dialogue and storyline is paced very well and keeps you asking for more. And Harold's art has that ever-so-slight change to it that flows like butter. I've always been a fan of his unique art style and absolutely love his page layout and storytelling skills.

Bravo everyone!

--------------------
One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

http://mattzolman.wordpress.com/

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 16 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

By the way, it is Thursday and a new page went up today!

http://www.dynagirlonline.com/?p=700

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 16 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #12

"oh...bullet holes in the wall." I love it. Awesome work by everyone. Thanks for the heads up, Brant.

+Quote Post
doombug
post Sep 17 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #13

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

I enjoyed reading through that cary, reminds me a tiny bit of invincible with some ms. marvel thrown in for good measure!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 17 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Sep 17 2010, 08:10 AM) *
I enjoyed reading through that cary, reminds me a tiny bit of invincible with some ms. marvel thrown in for good measure!

Thanks man! And yeah I gotta admit I'm an Invincible fan. I've always enjoyed that book. The comparison to Carol is definitely spot on since she was at least half of the original inspiration for Dynagirl in the first place. I like my super chicks with deep seated demons. smile.gif Glad you're digging it! I think issue 3 is gonna blow people's minds honestly. When I wrote that script I felt it was the best thing I'd ever written so I'm anxious to see if that translates in people's heads, you know? We'll see!

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Sep 17 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #15

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 17 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Thanks man! And yeah I gotta admit I'm an Invincible fan. I've always enjoyed that book. The comparison to Carol is definitely spot on since she was at least half of the original inspiration for Dynagirl in the first place. I like my super chicks with deep seated demons. smile.gif Glad you're digging it! I think issue 3 is gonna blow people's minds honestly. When I wrote that script I felt it was the best thing I'd ever written so I'm anxious to see if that translates in people's heads, you know? We'll see!

Reading Dynagirl/Mr. Jigsaw and Wannabez back to back the last few days has been interesting.

That crossover thread in the other section of the thread was an interesting read after reading them as well because the way Brant writes Wannabez at least so far, it couldn't really fit in a world with Dynagirl or Mr. Jigsaw.

Though count me in on awaiting the dynagirl/jigsaw crossover if you and Ron actually do it as I think that would be amazing!

Anyways, keep it up Cary as you have one more CR reader. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paige
post Sep 18 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,241

QUOTE (doombug @ Sep 17 2010, 10:35 PM) *
Reading Dynagirl/Mr. Jigsaw and Wannabez back to back the last few days has been interesting.

That crossover thread in the other section of the thread was an interesting read after reading them as well because the way Brant writes Wannabez at least so far, it couldn't really fit in a world with Dynagirl or Mr. Jigsaw.

Though count me in on awaiting the dynagirl/jigsaw crossover if you and Ron actually do it as I think that would be amazing!

Cary.. My Congrats on your DynaGirl comic.. It has been a great read..... I am Truly a Fan....

And as far as you upcoming Crossovers..... I can't wait to see that Mr. Jigsaw.... I have to see the promo artwork for that....

I meet the Epic team in B-more... Great guys.... Maybe i can talk Epic to meeting Pinpoint...

--------------------
Creator of Pinpont...
e-mail me unitedmindsstudios@yahoo.com..

+Quote Post
Liam Bradley
post Sep 19 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,033

Having already read Cary's scripts for the Dynagirl series a good while back, It's been extremely exciting seeing it come to life with Harold's artwork.

I remember reading certain scenes and thinking "Man, how is he going to pull that off" Then as soon as the sequentials started rolling out I was like...."Man how did I ever doubt this"

Matt's right. The writing and the artwork has really been kicked up a gear. I also love Lisa's understated, almost vintage like color palette.

Keep up the good work,

And I can't wait to see what you guys do with my scripts smile.gif

This post has been edited by Liam Bradley: Sep 19 2010, 08:34 AM

--------------------
http://liambradley.wordpress.com

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 19 2010, 08:29 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Liam Bradley @ Sep 19 2010, 07:56 AM) *
Having already read Cary's scripts for the Dynagirl series a good while back, It's been extremely exciting seeing it come to life with Harold's artwork.

I remember reading certain scenes and thinking "Man, how is he going to pull that off" Then as soon as the sequentials started rolling out I was like...."Man how did I ever doubt this"

Matt's right. The writing and the artwork has really beem kicked up a gear. I also love Lisa's understated, almost vintage like color palette.

Keep up the good work,

And I can't wait to see what you guys do with my scripts smile.gif

Ah, thanks Liam! It's funny you mention the scripts...Matt and I were discussing that sort of thing at Champion City last weekend. (was it just last weekend? Man!) Anyway, I had about a five minute review period when I got Harold's first contact email wanting to inquire about working on Fallen Justice. He mentioned in his email that he had just finished work on a book called Sixgun Samurai, and as fate would have it that very series had been amongst the stuff I had picked up only a couple of weeks before! I loved the premise at the store, and really enjoyed the whole book once I got it home, so I was already familiar with Harold's art in a big way. But Fallen Justice as a superhero book. SGS was a western. Would that matter? Hell no!

What's great about Harold's work is his sense of storytelling and movement on a given page. His stuff just lives and breathes and I knew even then that would translate directly to anything he put the pen to. Our first issue together was a little shaky because quite honestly I over wrote the hell out of that thing. The next one I eased up on him a great deal and gave him room to do his thing and we've never looked back. Harold has, without a doubt, spoiled me rotten!

And I gotta say, Lisa has been SO awesome to have on this book! We went with a slight departure from Fallen Justice because we did want that separation feel, as if time had passed and things had changed. She's doing good work without a doubt!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 19 2010, 08:31 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Paige @ Sep 18 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Cary.. My Congrats on your DynaGirl comic.. It has been a great read..... I am Truly a Fan....

And as far as you upcoming Crossovers..... I can't wait to see that Mr. Jigsaw.... I have to see the promo artwork for that....

I meet the Epic team in B-more... Great guys.... Maybe i can talk Epic to meeting Pinpoint...

Many thanks sir! Stick with us because it definitely...speeds up from here! smile.gif (You're all gonna want to beat me for that when it makes sense! hehe)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 19 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Sep 17 2010, 11:35 PM) *

Heh, yeah, the general world of Wannabez would be an odd fit, but a Mau/Dynagirl crossover, which we've discussed in passing, would take advantage of that contrast in an interesting way.

Cary, we so need to talk about this more! smile.gif

Yeah, Jiggy/Dynagirl would be a riot too!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 12:16 PM