Cary Kelley's Dynagirl, From Red Handed Studios
Gonzogoose
post Sep 19 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 19 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Ah, thanks Liam! It's funny you mention the scripts...Matt and I were discussing that sort of thing at Champion City last weekend. (was it just last weekend? Man!) Anyway, I had about a five minute review period when I got Harold's first contact email wanting to inquire about working on Fallen Justice. He mentioned in his email that he had just finished work on a book called Sixgun Samurai, and as fate would have it that very series had been amongst the stuff I had picked up only a couple of weeks before! I loved the premise at the store, and really enjoyed the whole book once I got it home, so I was already familiar with Harold's art in a big way. But Fallen Justice as a superhero book. SGS was a western. Would that matter? Hell no!

What's great about Harold's work is his sense of storytelling and movement on a given page. His stuff just lives and breathes and I knew even then that would translate directly to anything he put the pen to. Our first issue together was a little shaky because quite honestly I over wrote the hell out of that thing. The next one I eased up on him a great deal and gave him room to do his thing and we've never looked back. Harold has, without a doubt, spoiled me rotten!

And I gotta say, Lisa has been SO awesome to have on this book! We went with a slight departure from Fallen Justice because we did want that separation feel, as if time had passed and things had changed. She's doing good work without a doubt!

Lisa is a superstar colorist on the rise, mark my words! She's already flatting for the big boys, it's only a matter of time before they see her value as a full on colorist!!

And as for Harold, his style is just so dynamic, in your face and distinctive that you can't help but be drawn in by his art. He does have a great sense of flow and pacing, I agree, and the emotions come barreling through in every scene.

Cary, you've got a great team behind you, bro, and I can't wait to take my turn at the wheel, if you know what I mean. smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 19 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,427

Having become a fan of both Dynagirl and Wannabez, I'm really am eager to make something happen with Comic Related inspires cross-overs. You dudes are so creative, I can only see good things coming out of these match ups.

+Quote Post
Lisa Moore
post Sep 19 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,037

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Sep 19 2010, 10:14 AM) *
Lisa is a superstar colorist on the rise, mark my words! She's already flatting for the big boys, it's only a matter of time before they see her value as a full on colorist!!

And as for Harold, his style is just so dynamic, in your face and distinctive that you can't help but be drawn in by his art. He does have a great sense of flow and pacing, I agree, and the emotions come barreling through in every scene.

Cary, you've got a great team behind you, bro, and I can't wait to take my turn at the wheel, if you know what I mean. smile.gif

Aw, thanks guys. Glad people are digging the colors. It's a fun story to work on that's for sure. I'm happy to be a part of the team. Brant your so right dynamic is a great word to describe Harold's art. He's awesome, I enjoy coloring his work greatly.

Oh and I'm looking forward to more news on the dynagirl/mr jigsaw crossover. smile.gif

--------------------
-- Lisa
www.hueville.net

E-mail: lisa@just-flats.net

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 20 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

End of Summer Update:

http://www.dynagirlonline.com/?p=781&u...f-summer-update

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 20 2010, 07:33 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,957

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Sep 20 2010, 01:04 AM) *

Plus the new wallpaper. My slacking ass hasn't put up the color versions we have yet, but my plan is to get those up tonight...provided there's no emergency!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Liam Bradley
post Sep 20 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,033

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 20 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Plus the new wallpaper. My slacking ass hasn't put up the color versions we have yet, but my plan is to get those up tonight...provided there's no emergency!

Saw the wallpaper. I like how deceptively innocent Miss Masters looks in this one haha.

You get my email btw?

This post has been edited by Liam Bradley: Sep 20 2010, 11:29 AM

--------------------
http://liambradley.wordpress.com

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 20 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Liam Bradley @ Sep 20 2010, 12:29 PM) *
Saw the wallpaper. I like how deceptively innocent Miss Masters looks in this one haha.

You get my email btw?

lol she does look rather innocent and demure there, huh? Pity the bad guy who assumes that's true!

And I did sir! I'm reading through that this week and I'll send notes if need be. Last round of edits was already pretty tight so I'm not worried at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Liam Bradley
post Sep 20 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,033

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 20 2010, 09:59 PM) *
lol she does look rather innocent and demure there, huh? Pity the bad guy who assumes that's true!

And I did sir! I'm reading through that this week and I'll send notes if need be. Last round of edits was already pretty tight so I'm not worried at all.

Yeah the only things I reckon that'll need changed is some punctuation and a wee bit of dialogue haha. Punctuation is my nemesis.

--------------------
http://liambradley.wordpress.com

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 21 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

New update today!

http://goo.gl/fb/VhDGi

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 23 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

It's Thursday folks, and that means another page of Dynagirl! Woo!

And speaking of, we've been getting colors in on issue 3...and they ROCK! Issue three is gonna be one of those that I look back on and wonder why I didn't just stop there because I like it so much!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasonEasley
post Sep 23 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,679

Hey Carey, you should activate your Project Wonderful box so I can advertise on your site.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 23 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MasonEasley @ Sep 23 2010, 10:27 AM) *
Hey Carey, you should activate your Project Wonderful box so I can advertise on your site.

ARGH! Thanks man! I thought I had the thing all set up, but obviously my web skills are lacking! lol I'll fix!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cary
post Sep 23 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Ok, I think I got it fixed and the ad should now be live.

Speaking of which, anyone have suggestions as to the look of the site? Do you feel it's too cluttered right now, or could it stand some more ads? I'm considering adding a banner ad across the bottom, but I'm not sure as of yet. I might also add another small one under the google ads on the left just to balance the new one I put up on the right. Anyway, thoughts?

--------------------

+Quote Post
tbrotomo
post Sep 23 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,397

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 23 2010, 12:09 PM) *
Ok, I think I got it fixed and the ad should now be live.

Speaking of which, anyone have suggestions as to the look of the site? Do you feel it's too cluttered right now, or could it stand some more ads? I'm considering adding a banner ad across the bottom, but I'm not sure as of yet. I might also add another small one under the google ads on the left just to balance the new one I put up on the right. Anyway, thoughts?

The top and comic are not cluttered at all, but when it comes down to the spot with the ads/blog it does get a little jumbled up and doesn't look terribly clean. I think on the right would add symetry but also clutter it more. At the same time, because it's below the comic, it won't really impact it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasonEasley
post Sep 24 2010, 08:31 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,679

QUOTE (Cary @ Sep 23 2010, 02:45 PM) *
ARGH! Thanks man! I thought I had the thing all set up, but obviously my web skills are lacking! lol I'll fix!

No problem. Your PW ad is really off to a good start. I got outbid in like 2 seconds!

This post has been edited by MasonEasley: Sep 24 2010, 08:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 27 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Is it Monday Already?

http://goo.gl/fb/jPXwP

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 28 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

It's Tuesday, time for another update!

http://goo.gl/fb/ql0lO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 28 2010, 04:23 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,427

I am so loving Dynagirl.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Sep 30 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Thursday update is ready! Man, that Cary Kelley doesn't waste any time, huh? smile.gif

http://goo.gl/fb/g8H9V

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 1 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

In Any Language

http://www.dynagirlonline.com/?p=794&u...in-any-language

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:46 AM